ADVERTISEMENT

Mask Mandate on Planes/Trains Extended Until at Least April 18

Were going to try and do Glenkenchie, Ardbeg, Oban and Bunnahabhain. Were going to start in Edinburgh then move west before taking the ferry across to Ireland. Will try to do a couple Irish whiskey spots as well. Did the Jameson and Guinness before but they are always fun.
Great! Have fun. We have done the Jameson and Guinness while in Ireland. enjoy!

They're ridiculous currently. Scott's Cheap Flights has been a life saver for finding cheap flights if you're flexible. I have tickets to the Pearl Jam concert in Denver in September and I'm not booking until a deal pops up or prices go down generally. A lot of the people going with us to New Orleans for the game are waiting as well.
My flight to NOLA sucks. Spirit on the way there and not even a direct flight back. I’ve been there I think 4 times and have always gotten direct flights on Southwest for like $350. Southwest Labor Day weekend this year is like $700 or something insane.

My flight to NOLA sucks. Spirit on the way there and not even a direct flight back. I’ve been there I think 4 times and have always gotten direct flights on Southwest for like $350. Southwest Labor Day weekend this year is like $700 or something insane.
To TPA? Yeah they went way up. I booked when it was like $350 or something.

A judge in good ol' Florida puts an end to the mask madness on planes. I fly 1-2 times monthly and never missed a beat through all this. What was puzzling to me was early studies showed plane infection rates low because of the enhanced efficacy of the plane filtration. Luckily, I get upgrades often so I was eating and drinking veeeerrrryyy
slllllllloooooowlyyyyyy during the flight.

A judge in good ol' Florida puts an end to the mask madness on planes. I fly 1-2 times monthly and never missed a beat through all this. What was puzzling to me was early studies showed plane infection rates low because of the enhanced efficacy of the plane filtration. Luckily, I get upgrades often so I was eating and drinking veeeerrrryyy
slllllllloooooowlyyyyyy during the flight.
Yeah studies showed planes are pretty safe with all the fresh air. I'll guess TSA checkpoints and waiting in line to board were much bigger risks.

Yea, it made it a lot easier for mechanics to find rivets that were working loose. They would have a small brown stain beside them.
The outflow valve, where all the cabin air is exhausted, would have a large brown streak behind it.
main-qimg-a03e50ef2629decd97affe558eced9cb-c

Yeah studies showed planes are pretty safe with all the fresh air. I'll guess TSA checkpoints and waiting in line to board were much bigger risks.
I could never process this CDC inconsistency: "everyone be sure to stay at least 6 feet apart, unless you are cramming into an airplane where you will literally be on top of each other.....that is fine."

Reactions: F4Gary and PopsNole
OK for college football players to sweat and bleed on each other on Saturdays.....but those same students can only attend class remotely M-F.
This is why I don't understand how the pro covid crowd doesn't get why people are skeptical of the whole thing. Everything you look at that has to do with "the science" doesn't make sense. The answer is to call you dumb or misinformed but its those dumb rules about masking and distancing that causes people to question the science.

This is why I don't understand how the pro covid crowd doesn't get why people are skeptical of the whole thing. Everything you look at that has to do with "the science" doesn't make sense. The answer is to call you dumb or misinformed but its those dumb rules about masking and distancing that causes people to question the science.

what bothers me is... Why didn’t we from the very beginning really hammer home that this disease really attacks the unhealthy and elderly? We should have said from day one or month one, that we all need to get in better shape. We all need to start exercising more, eating healthier, etc. Everyone who is healthy, can live their life.. and if you aren’t in the best of shape, you need to change that. And quickly. And if you can’t, then you need to stay away

instead, we scared everyone into hiding from the sun and we implemented these stupid mandates just to say that we are doing something. It’s been mentioned in this thread already but some of my favorites are

masks on when you walk into a restaurant but at you’re table you are fine..

Masks on while on a plane, EXCEPT for when you are eating..

6 feet of “social distancing” where did 6 feet come from?

masks don’t work... oh wait, yes they do. In fact, DOUBLE mask.. (why not triple or quadruple then?)

basketball players who are literally all over each other on the court.. but when they sit on the bench... mask up!

I could go on, but you get the point

what bothers me is... Why didn’t we from the very beginning really hammer home that this disease really attacks the unhealthy and elderly? We should have said from day one or month one, that we all need to get in better shape. We all need to start exercising more, eating healthier, etc. Everyone who is healthy, can live their life.. and if you aren’t in the best of shape, you need to change that. And quickly. And if you can’t, then you need to stay away

instead, we scared everyone into hiding from the sun and we implemented these stupid mandates just to say that we are doing something. It’s been mentioned in this thread already but some of my favorites are

masks don’t work... oh wait, yes they do. In fact, DOUBLE mask.. (why not triple or quadruple then?)

basketball players who are literally all over each other on the court.. but when they sit on the bench... mask up!

I remember initially the message was that older and unhealthy were at risk but that quickly changed for some reason. This was another reason folks are skeptical. It really looked like the reporting changed to fit a narrative not just reporting the facts.

I remember initially the message was that older and unhealthy were at risk but that quickly changed for some reason. This was another reason folks are skeptical. It really looked like the reporting changed to fit a narrative not just reporting the facts.
Yes, they attempted to stop the viral spread. But, early on there was a small minority, but the most senior, epidemiologist admitting that there was nothing that could stop the spread. At best we could temporarily slow it down to help out the hospital systems. But, by slowing it down we extended the pandemic which eventually meant more variants. Shelter at home, closing schools, masks, 6 feet, etc. were all in a vain attempt to stop it. Only closing the schools had any science behind it at the time.

Yes, they attempted to stop the viral spread. But, early on there was a small minority, but the most senior, epidemiologist admitting that there was nothing that could stop the spread. At best we could temporarily slow it down to help out the hospital systems. But, by slowing it down we extended the pandemic which eventually meant more variants. Shelter at home, closing schools, masks, 6 feet, etc. were all in a vain attempt to stop it. Only closing the schools had any science behind it at the time.
Nothing had any science behind it. All closing the schools did was deprive an entire graduating class of experiences they had been waiting for their whole life.

Nothing had any science behind it. All closing the schools did was deprive an entire graduating class of experiences they had been waiting for their whole life.
Actually, there was a generation of research about masks ability to mitigate. And the same about closing schools (influenza). Closing schools is very effective. But, usually it is for a week, maybe two. And yes, closing schools deprived my son of the last part of his senior year and damaged his entire freshman year in college. The total damage done is incalculable at this point.

And now, incredibly, the “focus” is on children between 0-5. LOL. Laughable on its face.

Actually, there was a generation of research about masks ability to mitigate. And the same about closing schools (influenza). Closing schools is very effective. But, usually it is for a week, maybe two. And yes, closing schools deprived my son of the last part of his senior year and damaged his entire freshman year in college. The total damage done is incalculable at this point.
And irreparable for some kids. Being deprived of your Grad Nite, Senior Prom and graduation ceremony can be psychologically damaging to a point where it will take a lot of therapy to straighten out some of these poor kids.

And irreparable for some kids. Being deprived of your Grad Nite, Senior Prom and graduation ceremony can be psychologically damaging to a point where it will take a lot of therapy to straighten out some of these poor kids.
I know my son was very angry about it all. Still suffers from what I call Covid depression.

• Sad
Reactions: misswebbsilverchief
And now, incredibly, the “focus” is on children between 0-5. LOL. Laughable on its face.
Agree, but we have prioritized vaccination on children for 2 generations. Our vaccination protocol is the most in the world, along with Great Britain, Canada, and Australia. You know there is an issue when on day 1 of life the CDC insists we give a vaccination against a sexually transmitted disease (also transmitted using used needles for drugs). Their reasoning? We have a captive audience in the hospitals....... and I would add parents who are highly anxious that just nod their head unthinkingly.

Agree, but we have prioritized vaccination on children for 2 generations. Our vaccination protocol is the most in the world, along with Great Britain, Canada, and Australia. You know there is an issue when on day 1 of life the CDC insists we give a vaccination against a sexually transmitted disease (also transmitted using used needles for drugs). Their reasoning? We have a captive audience in the hospitals....... and I would add parents who are highly anxious that just nod their head unthinkingly.
They have a herpes vax? :)

It wasn't just looked at/handled as a "medical" situation...that's why most of what was done didn't/doesn't make sense.

What if the whole point of the virus was to cull the herd? Create a virus that targets the unhealthy and obese or in other words those that are a greater tax on the health care or insurance system. Once out the media and others just piled on to get their cut. I know it sounds real tin foil hattish but still possible.

I suppose.. but I don’t even want to think about scenarios like that. I’d lose the little faith i have left in humanity.

It wasn't just looked at/handled as a "medical" situation...that's why most of what was done didn't/doesn't make sense.
"Covid" became a code word for "spray government money in all directions under the ruse of fighting a deadly pandemic." That fits a particular social agenda. In reality, the pandemic was only "deadly" for a VERY small slice of the population. But skip past that reality, and scare everyone to the greatest extent possible. The media will blindly repeat any and all talking points they are given -- with no critical thinking or analysis -- so lots of folks will jump on board. Perfectly healthy people wearing masks while walking the dog, or driving alone in their own car. LOLOLOLOL.

"Covid" became a code word for "spray government money in all directions under the ruse of fighting a deadly pandemic." That fits a particular social agenda. In reality, the pandemic was only "deadly" for a VERY small slice of the population. But skip past that reality, and scare everyone to the greatest extent possible. The media will blindly repeat any and all talking points they are given -- with no critical thinking or analysis -- so lots of folks will jump on board. Perfectly healthy people wearing masks while walking the dog, or driving alone in their own car. LOLOLOLOL.
Covid $ bailed out many failing major metropolitan areas and even a few states, that were on the brink of bankruptcy.

Covid $ bailed out many failing major metropolitan areas and even a few states, that were on the brink of bankruptcy.
In many cases those areas and states were failing before covid and still are. Just like many businesses that claimed covid killed them when that wasn't the case. Covid became a universal excuse for everything.

I so agree....this could have been such a great opportunity to have a national conversation about health, nutrition and fitness....instead it became a massive overreach by the pharmaceutical industry....so many of my middle aged friends are now on all kinds of drugs they were not pre-covid, like anti-depressants and insulin....people now over indulging in alcohol, etc....also ruined my daughter's Senior year of high school and her freshman year of college. Terrible!! So many milestones I lost with her as well, graduation and prom, etc.

I so agree....this could have been such a great opportunity to have a national conversation about health, nutrition and fitness....instead it became a massive overreach by the pharmaceutical industry....so many of my middle aged friends are now on all kinds of drugs they were not pre-covid, like anti-depressants and insulin....people now over indulging in alcohol, etc....also ruined my daughter's Senior year of high school and her freshman year of college. Terrible!! So many milestones I lost with her as well, graduation and prom, etc.
^^^^This. The real “cost” of this debacle will not be fully known for another 20-30 years. I mean, none of the 3-4-5 year old kids forced to wear masks for 2+ years — and/or to “learn” from home — will have any “issues” later, right??

And even for certain adults, will they seamlessly cope with the missed or bungled funerals, weddings, adoptions, Christmases, etc.? There are enough nuts “on the edge” as it is…..the Covid fiasco can only create more. Swell.

^^^^This. The real “cost” of this debacle will not be fully known for another 20-30 years. I mean, none of the 3-4-5 year old kids forced to wear masks for 2+ years — and/or to “learn” from home — will have any “issues” later, right??

And even for certain adults, will they seamlessly cope with the missed or bungled funerals, weddings, adoptions, Christmases, etc.? There are enough nuts “on the edge” as it is…..the Covid fiasco can only create more. Swell.

my wedding was postponed twice due to state mandates on the amount of people you can have in one place..

I am a go with the flow type of person.. but the amount of stress that this put on my wife, who lets be honest, did 98% of the planning and work, about lost her mind.

I also agree with missweb.. we missed a great opportunity to get our obese country in shape.

instead, domestic violence, alcoholism, drug addiction is all at an all time high. Among other things.

we just bungled this from the get go

my wedding was postponed twice due to state mandates on the amount of people you can have in one place..

I am a go with the flow type of person.. but the amount of stress that this put on my wife, who lets be honest, did 98% of the planning and work, about lost her mind.

I also agree with missweb.. we missed a great opportunity to get our obese country in shape.

instead, domestic violence, alcoholism, drug addiction is all at an all time high. Among other things.

we just bungled this from the get go
Sadly, it doesnt look like a bungle. It looks like a fully executed plan. All those things add up to more money in someone's pocket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT