ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting in Midtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Was just about to link it. Never been in the yoga studio but have had dinner at the complex more than a few times.

Reporting now seven victims were brought to hospital. One is dead, one in critical, three in serious, two in good condition.

Horribly sad. I would venture a guess it will be a domestic situation.

I agree. Some people lose it over bad relationships.

I don't know if I shared on here, but a while back my brother's wife was working at an upscale spa. A psycho ex of one of her coworkers came in one day and shot up the place, killing the ex, two more coworkers injuring others, including a pregnant woman and then killed himself. SIL made it out because she went into an office, locked the door and hid behind a desk she and another coworker pushed up against the door.

There are some sick people in this world. We need to identify them before these things happen.

Thoughts with those affected by this.

I don't know if I shared on here, but a while back my brother's wife was working at an upscale spa. A psycho ex of one of her coworkers came in one day and shot up the place, killing the ex, two more coworkers and then himself. SIL made it out because she went into an office, locked the door and hid behind a desk she and another coworker pushed up against the door.

There are some sick people in this world. We need to identify them before these things happen.

Agreed...There are a lot of people out in society who shouldn't be. Merely having various drugs thrown at them that actually often worsen matters doesn't help.

Reactions: nynole1

I don't know if I shared on here, but a while back my brother's wife was working at an upscale spa. A psycho ex of one of her coworkers came in one day and shot up the place, killing the ex, two more coworkers injuring others, including a pregnant woman and then killed himself. SIL made it out because she went into an office, locked the door and hid behind a desk she and another coworker pushed up against the door.

The entire situation is horrible. What happened to your SIL is horrible. What happened in Tally is horrible. What happened in Pittsburgh, Parkland, Texas, Columbine...is horrible. The problem is, we can't always identify those people who are going to do something like this. Domestic issues make normal people snap. How many times have you heard he was such a nice guy...I never thought he could do something like that?

I don't know the answer but I do know I need a new holster and more practice at the range.

Reactions: stevemacc
In 2015, an estranged husband in our neighborhood lost it and showed up at his house with a gun. Killed his ex wife to be and another friend of hers who was there. They have the call on 911 when he shot them. Two people escaped the scene. 4 kids lost their moms. Really messed up story and a ton of people I know in the community were very close to victims.

He was found guilty a few moths ago and we find out if he geat death penalty here in the new future. Crazy.

We, as a society, try that - and we are labeled "insensitive", "invasive", "civil-rights violators" and much much worse.

Our society has been in a descent for decades. This mass murder activity, domestic terrorism, and similar events have become so frequent that we (as fed by the media) have started to forget about them after a few years.

I, for one, have no clue how to reverse this trend. I few guesses, each more preposterous than the last.

In 2015, an estranged husband in our neighborhood lost it and showed up at his house with a gun. Killed his ex wife to be and another friend of hers who was there. They have the call on 911 when he shot them. Two people escaped the scene. 4 kids lost their moms. Really messed up story and a ton of people I know in the community were very close to victims.

He was found guilty a few moths ago and we find out if he geat death penalty here in the new future. Crazy.
St. John's county???

Reactions: 12Nole

Yep agreed, there are a number of messed up people in our country. Very easy to mass kill people... sad sad sad

The entire situation is horrible. What happened to your SIL is horrible. What happened in Tally is horrible. What happened in Pittsburgh, Parkland, Texas, Columbine...is horrible. The problem is, we can't always identify those people who are going to do something like this. Domestic issues make normal people snap. How many times have you heard he was such a nice guy...I never thought he could do something like that?

I don't know the answer but I do know I need a new holster and more practice at the range.

I don’t recall hearing “he was such a nice guy,” but I have seen a lot of “We all thought he was messed up and dangerous”. Some of if not a majority of these can be identified at a very early age. This one could be different in that it was fueled by jealousy or relationship problems. The Parkland motive was different than the Pittsburgh motive which was different than this.

Reactions: cmanole
Some have posted already (on Facebook) that even if the primary intended victim was the result of domestic violence, the rest were victims of "hate".
I just don't get that - the shooter was a sick out of control person and use of the term "hate crime" should remain narrow in its application, but regardless, I feel such sadness for the victims (now up to 3 deceased) and their grieving, shocked families.

This is very, very sad. One of the victims is a student.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...aker-witness-yoga-studio-shooting/1864047002/

The guy with the bloodied head got that way because he rushed the shooter at the yoga studio and the shooter pistol-whipped him. Then the shooter turned the gun on himself.

“Many people are alive because this guy rushed the shooter,” Jacobs said.

"I am alive because one guy in a yoga class in his bare feet ran at a shooter. He didn’t run away."
===================

Incredible!! What a friggin’ badass! I’m so moved by this account. I’ve read it at least a dozen times and keep getting choked up over what a hero this guy was. I hope he allows his name to be released to the public.

Not to make light of the situation at all...but he will never pay for a drink in this town again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT