ADVERTISEMENT

Golf Mirabel Ting begins play in Arnold Palmer Cup on Friday

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
FSU sports information:

Florida State’s Mirabel Ting begins play as a member of the International Team in the Arnold Palmer Cup on Friday at the Lahinch Golf Club in Lahinch, Ireland as she makes her second career appearance in the Ryder Cup-style competition which was first played in 1997. The three-day tournament, which was co-founded by the great Arnold Palmer and the Golf Coaches Association of America (GCAA), features the top men’s and women’s college golfers matching the United States against a team of International players.

The United States defeated Ting, and the International squad by a 32-28 margin in the 2023 Arnold Palmer Cup at the Laurel Valley Club in Ligonier, Pa.

Ting (Miri, Malaysia) earned 2.0 points in four matches during the 2023 Arnold Palmer Cup. She helped earn points in the Friday Foursome match as well as in her Saturday Singles match.

“I’m honored to represent team international, my country, and Florida State in the 2024 Arnold Palmer Cup,” said Ting from Malaysia prior to traveling to Ireland. “I really feel fortunate, and at the same time excited to have opportunity to play in the Arnold Palmer Cup for the second time in my career. I learned a lot about how to play different shots while watching the best collegiate players play in the event last year. This year, I’m looking forward to enjoying the week, continuing to become a better golfer, and learning more about my game.”

Ting, who finished in a tie for eighth place in the 2024 Augusta National Women’s Amateur, earned All-American Honorable Mention Honors by the WGCA and Golfweek and was named to the All-ACC team during her first season as a Seminole in 2024. She was named as the ACC co-Golfer of the Month in March of 2024 and won her second career individual championship at the 2024 Valspar Augusta Invitational.

During the spring of 2024, Ting ranked second among her Seminole teammates in stroke average (72.50), tied for first in rounds scored at par or better (12), and second in rounds scored at 75 or better (14). She tied her career-best for a single round scored with a 67 in the third round of the 2024 Valspar to win her first individual championship as a Seminole.

Academically, Ting earned Florida State Academic Dean’s List Honors, and was named to the All-ACC Academic Women’s Golf Team and the WGCA All-American Scholar Team in 2024.

Live scoring results from the 2024 Arnold Palmer Cup can be found here.

Reactions: NoleLizards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT