ADVERTISEMENT

Miracles - TV Ratings and USC

Regal Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2006
"Total viewing of all NFL and CFB through last night’s MNF game is up 58% over last year and 4% over 2019. TV usage in general down double-digits over the last two years."

"CFB TV ratings update: two more games topped the seven million viewer mark, bringing the three-week total to five. Last season, it took until mid-October before a single game topped the six million viewer mark."

Compelling live sports moves the TV ratings needle like nothing else in this day and time...

Big media companies like Disney, Fox, Comcast, Amazon, Apple, as well as the Sports Gambling sites are going "all-in" on college football. For college football to maximize its revenues though, it must arrange the best and biggest matchups through conference realignment. ESPN and the SEC are gong to continue to expand to grab the biggest piece of an ever increasing pie. I am hearing USC will soon be contacted through back channels by the SEC (they have already been informally asked by the B1G to join them). USC can decide which way expansion goes next with ESPN or FOX and they will be allowed to bring three of their PAC 12 friends with them. "The Alliance" is only a temporary placeholder until the B1G and FOX renegotiate a new TV contract, which could include additional new B1G members that move the needle. It is a battle between ESPN and FOX right now to make the next big move in realignment.

I remain confident in what I have posted about a new Tier 1 college football division coming in 2025. As most of you know by now, I have spent the majority of my career in the "media" business. Just sharing what I can. Again, I have no desire to argue with fellow Seminoles and everyone is free to believe what they want.

For me, seeing all this play out is even more fascinating than the actual games. There will soon be brighter days ahead for FSU despite its on-field issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News