ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Playoff Thread

Dodgers & Brew Crew should be one helluva series. I think the winner will have a truly legit chance in the WS.

Congrats to the Braves on an amazing year...Their future is indeed bright.

Reactions: runkpanole
Dodgers & Brew Crew should be one helluva series. I think the winner will have a truly legit chance in the WS.

Congrats to the Braves on an amazing year...Their future is indeed bright.
They have a great core of young position players to build around. They also have some great young live arms but they have to get better at throwing strikes. That has been the downfall of this staff both starters and the pen.
Hopefully, next year will be as fun as this one.

Go Brew Crew. Thanks for the fun season, Atlanta.

I will never forget walking on the field in July and watching my son run the bases for Kids Run the Bases.

Man Kimbrel had me looking for some nitro glycerin tablets last night. That was a shaky 9th inning, but they managed to hang on and eliminate the damnyankees.

Was about ready to throw something through my set in that inning. His wildness has been troubling late in the season, if you're Cora, what do you do? Would have been heartbreaking after shutting down their homer hitters for 17 innings to blow that game. Interesting also he didn't start a sizzling Holt after he hit for the cycle.

They have a great core of young position players to build around. They also have some great young live arms but they have to get better at throwing strikes. That has been the downfall of this staff both starters and the pen.
Hopefully, next year will be as fun as this one.
I didn't watch a ton of Braves baseball this year, but from the outside they reminded me of the 2015 Astros. Probably a year ahead of people's expectations, but a talented team that will contend for a long time. Have a feeling they will win a World Series in the next 3 years.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Was about ready to throw something through my set in that inning. His wildness has been troubling late in the season, if you're Cora, what do you do? Would have been heartbreaking after shutting down their homer hitters for 17 innings to blow that game. Interesting also he didn't start a sizzling Holt after he hit for the cycle.
He has seemingly lost some command but I don't see any way of shaking up the pecking order. Nice to get out of NY with 2 wins and advance. Will be a fun series.

Reactions: hatsbo
This is about as strong a group of 4 teams that I can recall heading into the respective LCS's...Will be fun to watch if I'm still here and have electricity.

I thought he might leave Sale in for the 9th. While I was dry-heaving on the living room floor, I was really wishing he'd done so.

I didn't realize until the announcers mentioned it about a bazillion times that the Brewers are on a 12 game winning streak. Very impressive considering the stakes of those games.

Craig Counsell might be wresting the manager of the year award away from Brian Snitker.

Price better get it done tonight or the Sox will be on the ropes. So far, so good through one inning. (Baby steps.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT