ADVERTISEMENT

MLB, World Series Thread

Cora played in Boston and was widely regarded as the "smartest" player during his tenure. I remember him as a quality utility player who always was in the right place situationally. Castiglione and the other media guys loved his understanding of the game. Don't know about his bench or managerial experience but Tito loved the guy. I'm willing to take a shot over the other 2 candidates.

Doesn't hurt he speaks espanol either.
I've been encouraged by what I've read over the last few days, let's hope it's not another Bobby Valentine{gulp} scenario. Just heard Carl Willis left to join the Tribe, will be interesting if they hold on to Chili.
http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/red...-cora-just-got-the-best-worst-job-in-baseball

Last night was one of the best WS games I can recall, for drama anyway. LA's lock down bullpen looked human, Astro's pen wasn't much better, WS record smashed for most homers in a game. Looks like we have a competitive series on our hands.

All the home runs make me think they are using special balls this year. Its fun I guess but its made a sham of the series.

Another rec league softball game last night, could it be the dome air with the lid on? But they were sailing out in LA too. There's a story out there about pitchers saying the ball is slicker than normal.

Another rec league softball game last night, could it be the dome air with the lid on? But they were sailing out in LA too. There's a story out there about pitchers saying the ball is slicker than normal.
It was very hot in LA... Plus the games there have started during their daytime. Both factors help the ball carry.

Yes, glad the Stros pulled it out, lot's of friends in Houston needed this. Last game was a bit of a let down after all the barn burners. On another note was shocked the Yanks canned Girardi, guess it was along the lines of Farrell's dismissal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT