ADVERTISEMENT

My Letter to the Editor has been printed!!!

BrianNole777

All-ACC
Jan 27, 2023
Near Washington D.C.
From 2001 to 2011, I got brutal migraines about 3 times a month. They were awful; a dizzy spell followed by 8 hours of severe head pain. I went to several doctors and neurologists and nothing really helped. It was depressing. If you get migraines, you know what I'm talking about. They suck.

In the summer of 2011, I started taking fish oil after watching a news segment about how they lower inflammation. 4 months later, my migraines were basically cured! It was a miracle!

Since then, I've made it my Ministry to tell every doctor and migraine sufferer about it that I can, hoping to help others. I've told at least 13,000 people about it on social media. Studies are now showing how eating fish/fish oil helps lower migraine pain. I've told maybe 20 doctors in person. None of the doctors had a negative response.

I've gotten 3 different migraineurs contact me in the last week saying they've been greatly helped by fish oil for migraines. I always recommend people ask their doctors about it.

My letter to a doctor was recently printed. He didn't seem too thrilled by my advice but wasn't a hater, either! 😀

Last edited:
Here's one study I include.

I had a neurologist in Arizona tell me she now recommends fish oil for migraine patients based on this study:

Reactions: 12Nole and ChiefWB
Do you recommend an omega-3 supplement or is there something specific you prefer?

Do you or someone you love get migraines? This is my favorite brand. It's triple strength.

Take 500 milligrams of DHA and EPA per day with food if you get 1 migraine a week and double it for chronic migraines. Ask your doctor.

Try it for 4 months and see how you feel.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Do you or someone you love get migraines? This is my favorite brand. It's triple strength.

Take 500 milligrams of DHA and EPA per day with food if you get 1 migraine a week and double it for chronic migraines.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am mostly interested in “good” cholesterol. Recently a couple of salmon meals a week has been my route. Wondering if there is an easier way. Appreciate your advice.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I am mostly interested in “good” cholesterol. Recently a couple of salmon meals a week has been my route. Wondering if there is an easier way. Appreciate your advice.

Taking 1 of those capsules a day with food may help. It's worth a shot, IMO.

It's not expensive and has no side effects. Ask your doctor though.

Reactions: ChiefWB
I'm doing Botox every three months (four syringes and a total of 16 tiny shots all over the scalp, forehead and neck) and now doing a 30 minute IV thing every three months, too (most insurance will allow). After the second treatment, maybe a breakthrough. These are for virtually daily headaches. It was worse during the Taggart era.....

Reactions: BrianNole777
Good for you, OP. There are plenty of natural remedies that can help people with chronic health issues. I posted on here a few months ago about allergies and sinus issues. I’ve been on everything under the sun and still had lots of issues. I started taking turmeric, bromelain, and Querectin and have had a significant reduction in symptoms. It’s worth trying these things.

I'm doing Botox every three months (four syringes and a total of 16 tiny shots all over the scalp, forehead and neck) and now doing a 30 minute IV thing every three months, too (most insurance will allow). After the second treatment, maybe a breakthrough. These are for virtually daily headaches. It was worse during the Taggart era.....

Wow. I hope you get better.

Aleve Liquigels are also great for regular headaches.

Maybe consider taking fish oil (1,000 milligrams of DHA and EPA daily with food) and eating tuna, salmon and sardines twice a week for 4 months and see if it helps. :)

Only if your doctor approves, of course.

Reactions: MagNoleA
Here's the feedback I've gotten so far in 2023:

1 woman in Philadelphia:

"I don’t want to jump to any fish oil conclusions but that last three times I’ve had my period I ended up in the hospital from the migraine and this month I didn’t need to go. I will keep you in the loop but had to come back to thank you."

1 woman in Los Angeles:

"I tried the fish oil on and off for about a month and I honestly stopped because o kept forgetting to take it…I recently started to take them everyday and so far so good. I’m still getting migraines but nowhere near as often or as painful as they used to be so thank you for the advice!"

1 women in Indiana:

"Just wanted you to know, after more than a month of fish oil, both myself and my partner have had zero migraines. Thank you! :)"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT