ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 is real deal and I just witness it before my eyes

RenegadeExpress

Veteran Seminole Insider
Nov 27, 2020
My co-worker who worked over 44 years with me just passed from COVID-19. I worked with him the past 31 years and I can’t say enough great things about Tony. I pray that someone may read this and it will save someone’s life. Tony was age 63 and very active at work and life. We both work for major airline on the ramp. Tony was working 50 hours a week, because he wanted the extra cash and short staffed. Tony was very stubborn and didn’t listen to his body. I noticed he started coughing few weeks earlier but nothing serious. Tony cough started to pickup and then he complained his oxygen levels were a little off. Tony went to the doctor and had few chest X-rays. X-rays didn’t really show anything but Tony wasn’t getting better. Tony would go home every night and check his oxygen level and decided to take COVID-19 test. Tony stated his COVID-19 test was negative but still dealing with cough and every once in a while, Tony would get shortness of breathe. Tony called out sick the next few days and decided to go to ER on Sunday 9/11. Tony was admitted into hospital but waited five hours for a room (he was luck). Word began to spread around work about Tony. I called Tony on 9/12 and he seem to pretty good spirits and nothing major was happenIng. I told Tony that he needed to get his life right with God, just like myself. I sent a prayer text message on 9/13 but never heard anything back. Tony was so restless, he needed to sedated so he could rest. Tony ended up with pneumonia and tested positive for COVID-19. We would get daily updates from another one of our friends, on how Tony was doing. Tony was gradually getting worst and four days later he could barely speak. Tony’s oxygen level began to decline along with BP. Tony was given a sleep apnea mask and that seem to work. Tony was given five day treatment to help with his pneumonia and COVID-19. Tony was not getting better and they realize he had fluid throughout his body. Tony’s kidneys began to fail and he they to order a dialysis machine from another hospital. Dialysis machine arrives and as they begin treatment, Tony’s blood pressure dropped for no reason. Tony was rushed to ICU where he would be put on a ventilator. Tony’s entire body quickly filled with fluid, kidneys starting to shut down and now developed an infection in his body, that couldn’t be explained. Tony passed away 9/25 at 10:55am. Clearly, it is still a shocked and I go back to work tomorrow. Tony was not vaccinated and that was his decision. I am not here to tell anyone what to do, that is your personal decision. Two weeks ago Tony was standing next to me at work and now he is gone. COVID-19 virus took mostly healthy and active person, COVID-19 spread rapidly through his body and took his life. Thank you for all the nurses and doctors who deal with this everyday. Life is very precious and tomorrow is never promised. I am hopeful this story will help or save someone’s life.

Sorry for your loss, man. That's tough. For the vast majority of this epidemic- my circle was essentially unaffected. But for whatever reason, recently I've had a couple friends end up in the hospital with it and now two other people I know have died from it. One guy was a well-known charter captain down here who was an incredibly good guy and in pretty good shape. I mean this guy was middle-aged and out on the water every day. Sorry again to hear about your friend. I'll say a prayer for you both.

Sorry for your loss, man. That's tough. For the vast majority of this epidemic- my circle was essentially unaffected. But for whatever reason, recently I've had a couple friends end up in the hospital with it and now two other people I know have died from it. One guy was a well-known charter captain down here who was an incredibly good guy and in pretty good shape. I mean this guy was middle-aged and out on the water every day. Sorry again to hear about your friend. I'll say a prayer for you both.
Thank you! Prayers for your friends as well…

Reactions: midwest express
Very sorry to hear. A guy at my gym was in his late 20s, very fit and healthy. Got it and only lasted a few weeks and passed. Not vaccinated either. Probably would have helped but this is the way it happened. Luckily an overall percentage have this happen, but there were things that could have been done to possibly help like a mask or shot. Obviously wish this whole thing never happened

No doubt it is real. Any knucklehead still walking around saying it aint real is asking for it. I have had a classmate recently die from it at 47 years old. She was one of those people that refused the vaccine.. She's from Miami.. She flew up to ATL and went out partying, got super sick and flew home early back to Miami, She died two weeks later..

My mechanic who is a good friend of mine just lost his wife to it at 49 years old. I'm still in shock over that. He and his wife had it and he barely survived himself. He is distraught over the loss of his wife. He said his last image of her was an ambulance picking her up from the house because she couldn't breathe. He was too weak to even get out of the bed to see her off. Next thing he knew was waking up to a phone call two days later that his wife had passed away at TMH. He is absolutely devastated. He has been visiting her grave every day in shock. I have been calling and checking on him. She was his world.

I also have another really good friend of mine who got it last year before the vaccine was being given out and he told me it was absolutely terrible. He was sick for 2 months. He said he is still having effects from it now. People who are walking around not wearing a mask and refusing to wear a mask are playing russian roulette. Its going to take them or someone really close to them getting it to make them understand.

Last edited:
One of my coworkers said the vaccine has a microchip in it. He died 4 weeks ago from covid. My own mother refuses to vaccinate. It’s a helpless feeling knowing she’s got a good chance of being dead in a few months.
I was dead set against getting vaccinated for months. One day my teenage sons age 17 approached me and said, “Dad we will get vaccinated and you don’t have too”. That hit me so hard, I told them no and I will get vaccinated. I am now fully vaccinated and I didn’t have any issues with either shot. I consider myself lucky. Everyone’s choice but this COVID-19 takes no prisoner.

Talking about Capt Pat? That was a tough one

Reactions: Nole Animal
You did good reminding him to get right with God. My nephew just passed from COVID as well. 43 years old and worked at a lumber yard so he was fit I assume. Pretty sure he was vaccinated … weird how this vaccine is so polarizing. Myself and my oldest daughter (22) got the vax but my wife and youngest daughter (20) do not plan on getting it. My youngest has a good reason though - she is a liver transplant receipient and the transplant team says it is her choice but advises against it. Wife just doesn’t trust it though … weird!

Talking about Capt Pat? That was a tough one
Yep. We actually had a charter booked with him. It was obviously cancelled a while back, but it was set to go like a week after he died. I didn't know him real well, but he was larger than life. It was easy to know the type of guy he was.

Thanks for sharing, get vaccinated Nole Nation!

My thoughts and prayers for you, your friend and family! On July 22, I tested positive for C-19 and pneumonia, to say the least it was brutal! I survived a fight many didn’t and I am thankful. I have also lost a friend that battled it, he lost his battle and was vaccinated. No simple answer for all of this and the hardships on society and all affected and we all have been directly or indirectly!

Stay strong!
Seminole for life!

I’m sorry for your loss….

My fiancé and I have it right now… I came down with it last Tuesday night and she did last Wednesday.

I’m 66 and not vaccinated nor did I ever wear a mask just to lay my cards on the table.

We took the Regeneron shots on Sunday and other then I can’t taste or smell I feel fine.

I can’t explain how it’s fatal to some and to others like us it was like a head cold.

My fiancé and I have it right now… I came down with it last Tuesday night and she did last Wednesday.

I’m 66 and not vaccinated nor did I ever wear a mask just to lay my cards on the table.

We took the Regeneron shots on Sunday and other then I can’t taste or smell I feel fine.

I can’t explain how it’s fatal to some and to others like us it was like a head cold.
Please take it easy for a few weeks, even if you feel fine. Or at least until you test negative or get your sense of taste back. The captain I was talking about did just fine for a little while and went from 0 to ICU in what felt like a second.

Things can change rapidly, but good job getting an alternative therapy. That should increase your chances of feeling generally ok. Just be aware that those antibodies will wear off and once they do, you will be unprotected again.

I’m so sorry for your loss and the losses of everyone on here who knows someone that passed from this virus. Prayers to you and their families. I work in an ER and it is absolutely heartbreaking to see what people with severe cases are going through and basically having to go through it without being able to have their family by their side until the very end. Y’all keep yourselves safe.

I’m so sorry for your loss and the losses of everyone on here who knows someone that passed from this virus. Prayers to you and their families. I work in an ER and it is absolutely heartbreaking to see what people with severe cases are going through and basically having to go through it without being able to have their family by their side until the very end. Y’all keep yourselves safe.
👏👍

I’m sorry that you’re disappointed I defeated Covid when it got me.
Don't think anyone is saying anything bad about you being fortunate to have survived Covid. I think its the other part of your post about being proudly unvaccinated as though thats a good thing. You can get Covid again you know and it could be worse the 2nd time around. I hope not for your sake.

Just like a cold, just because you caught a cold 2 months ago and got over it doesn't mean you can't catch one again in a couple of months. You are coming off cavalier and cocky about it.

This thread is going to turn into the Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated.

It did the moment a few virologists chimed in with their slamming of unvaxxed people. Just read a couple earlier replies. Of course, when someone decides to post that they are not vaxxed well then they’re “cavalier” “cocky” or “ignorant”. Go figure.

I just wanted to show my gratitude that I’ve been able to beat this virus so I can watch the rise of FSU football (whenever that happens).

Don't think anyone is saying anything bad about you being fortunate to have survived Covid. I think its the other part of your post about being proudly unvaccinated as though thats a good thing. You can get Covid again you know and it could be worse the 2nd time around. I hope not for your sake.

Just like a cold, just because you caught a cold 2 months ago and got over it doesn't mean you can't catch one again in a couple of months. You are coming off cavalier and cocky about it.

Natural immunity is a good thing.

I do. COVID was rough on me. I get it.
I think people are taking issue with your timing. There is a time and a place to say something like that, but you come off as gloating in a thread where someone is clearly hurt over someone who was not as fortunate as you. You said you have compassion because COVID was rough on you. That's not what compassion means.

I want to make a point from your situation...not trying to be rude but I think it's a good illustration.

At this point in the pan/endemic you will obtain immunity in one of 3 ways:

1. Get the disease (not the greatest strategy because as the OP shared some pretty darn healthy people simply don't survive it, or you survive after a long hospital stay and your life is changed for the next 6 months as you carry around an oxygen tank)

2. Get vaccinated - sure there are small risks with any vaccine but at least you get to do it on your terms, your timing

3. Get the disease and get Regen-Cov infusion for the artificial immunity. I work in healthcare and I am so thankful for this product, but the logic of avoiding a vaccine but rolling up your sleeve for an IV treatment boggles my mind. Not to mention the insane amount of money our government (i.e. all of us) is spending on these treatments.

OP so sorry for your loss, I thank you for sharing and I hope your story inspires others to take the necessary step to protect themselves.

I want to make a point from your situation...not trying to be rude but I think it's a good illustration.

At this point in the pan/endemic you will obtain immunity in one of 3 ways:

1. Get the disease (not the greatest strategy because as the OP shared some pretty darn healthy people simply don't survive it, or you survive after a long hospital stay and your life is changed for the next 6 months as you carry around an oxygen tank)

2. Get vaccinated - sure there are small risks with any vaccine but at least you get to do it on your terms, your timing

3. Get the disease and get Regen-Cov infusion for the artificial immunity. I work in healthcare and I am so thankful for this product, but the logic of avoiding a vaccine but rolling up your sleeve for an IV treatment boggles my mind. Not to mention the insane amount of money our government (i.e. all of us) is spending on these treatments.

OP so sorry for your loss, I thank you for sharing and I hope your story inspires others to take the necessary step to protect themselves.
The issue is trust. People don't trust the science because they don't trust the media. Too much mis information being posted from both sides about the virus, vaccines, treatments, testing etc. You see outlets pushing masks then see them not wearing them sends a bad message. Additionally, is it Covid that killing people or are people dying of other things and getting Covid? That's a question being posed more and more.

For the folks that are not vaccinated name calling and insults isnt going to sway them to get the shot. Making them believe there is a benefit will get them to do it. I don't think anyone really thinks Covid doesn't exist but there are growing numbers that don't trust what they are being told about it from both the media and our leaders.

Tragic and sad story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT