ADVERTISEMENT

My personal story of an FSU player visit from elementary school

FayettevilleNC9399nole

All-ACC
Gold Member
May 29, 2010
I grew up in Tallahassee in a single parent home( mother) and went to Astoria Park elementary school, I can tell you first hand these visits make a lasting impression on kids, in the 80's Felton Hayes came by our school, I was a huge FSU fan even as a kid, he took the time out of his day and talked to me for about 10-15 mins, no cameras around, no glory, but that ten mins made a huge impression on a myself as I didn't have a male role model and a memory that has lasted a lifetime, he and his cousin Eric became my favorite Noles, the only male in my life would have been my great uncle who I never would see until football season , he would get me tickets in north end zone each year and sit me down, then he leave( different time then) would go take his place in press box with Nick menecoff , after he left me I would always make my way down to the locker room entrance and when players were coming out or off field for warm ups I would always see Felton or Eric , yell their names from chain link fence and more often than not they would come over and talk to me, they would probably never remember me, but a FSU athlete giving their time to this kid in community made me never forget them, the story about Travis has brought tears to my eyes, no only because I have kids of my own, but I was also one of those kids.....I'm 41 now FSU athletes have been making the world a better place for a long time........ Thank you so much Felton and Eric Hayes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News