ADVERTISEMENT

Nashville question

Nole Lou

Seminole Insider
Apr 5, 2002
First weekend in October we're meeting some friends for a weekend in Nashville. They rented a VRBO in the Gulch area.

I'm just being looped into it now, and I'm not seeing anything in that area to rent or hotels to book under $350 a night, which isn't something I'm going to do. So I think the wife and I are going to stay somewhere else cheaper and take a cab or uber in to meet them for drinking etc at night.

I don't know anything about Nashville...does anyone have suggestions for a good area to look for something? I could just pick some suburban Courtyard or something, but if there is any area more in-town or interesting to stay (hotel or I could look for a rental), where we could walk around during the day and eat or shop or look at stuff, I'd rather stay there than get a hotel in a suburb that looks like every other suburb in the country.

there must be something going on in town that weekend, football game, Titans, or somethign.

vandy campus area is good, as well as the area beyond campus going away from downtown.

vandy's campus is a wedge shape with the narrow part pointing towards downtown.

a little further out are belle meade, green hills, bellvue, and brentridge. depends how far out you are willing to go.

you can also look out by the airport.

Neither Vandy nor the Titans are in town that weekend, it's just that Nashville has become such a hot tourist destination it's what the market dictates. Outside of downtown/SoBro, the Gulch and West End/Vandy, there really aren't many walkable places where you can stay and not get a rental car.

I'll have my car anyway, so that's not a big deal. It's just if I had the choice of waking up hung over Saturday, and leaving the Courtyard by Marriott and driving to Starbucks and walking around a strip mall, if there was a place I could rent a place, walk out and walk to a coffee shop, and maybe browse an antique store or record store.

Just theoretically of course. I'll check out what you mentioned.

I'll have my car anyway, so that's not a big deal. It's just if I had the choice of waking up hung over Saturday, and leaving the Courtyard by Marriott and driving to Starbucks and walking around a strip mall, if there was a place I could rent a place, walk out and walk to a coffee shop, and maybe browse an antique store or record store.

Just theoretically of course. I'll check out what you mentioned.

How much are you looking to spend? You can probably get something at least close to downtown for the low 200s. If that is too much, then you are probably looking at the airport area or a suburban area, maybe Brentwood. But, if you have a car, or if you are going to Uber, Nashville isn't that big so even the airport or a Brentwood area would be a quick easy drive downtown or to the Gulch on a weekend.

Looks like there's some VRBO rentals near Vandy/Belmont that should work for about $150/night, that's what I'm looking at now...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT