ADVERTISEMENT

NBA finals

As I figured after game six, Cleveland wins game seven. GS was 0-8 from the floor after tying the game at 89-89 with 4:39 left. Half of those misses were by Curry.

Man that was a fun game. That might have been the best 2nd half in a finals I've ever seen. Lebron was transcendent.

How is Blatt feeling tonight?

Congrats to Cavs, awesome game 7 to watch

My man.. What a game.. Didn't see this playing out the way it did after the first two games.

On a side note. It is officially time to turn my full attention to Francois and them boys and chase another natty!

Reactions: Noles229
Hard to believe, but Golden State had as many losses post season as they did all season. They are not even in the top 10 all time teams IMHO because of this, despite that season wins record.

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
1964: That was the year of the British invasion...The Beatles & Stones on Sullivan. The country was still recovering from the JFK assassination, and things were ramping up in Vietnam. Frank Ryan, Jim Brown, and a stellar defense led the Browns to an NFL championship in a 27-0 white-washing of Johnny U. and the Colts. That was the last time the city of Cleveland enjoyed a professional sports championship.

Lebron came back home and got it done.

Congrats to the Cavs and Lebron. Told myself I'd order a pair a Nike Lebrons if they won. Probably would have ordered them anyways. The color way kinda reminds me of a team I like. ;)

eng_pl_Basketball-Shoes-Lebron-XIII-Low-8470_2.jpg

Reactions: Lemon Thrower
I don't known guys, Skip Bayless had some pretty convincing tweets that the spurs could have beaten the cavs and that Irving should have received the MVP ......
Thanks for that info. We all know Bayless is the epitome of intelligent sports commentary. I now need to reevaluate my opinion.

1964: That was the year of the British invasion...The Beatles & Stones on Sullivan. The country was still recovering from the JFK assassination, and things were ramping up in Vietnam. Frank Ryan, Jim Brown, and a stellar defense led the Browns to an NFL championship in a 27-0 white-washing of Johnny U. and the Colts. That was the last time the city of Cleveland enjoyed a professional sports championship.

Lebron came back home and got it done.
Yeah, good to see long suffering Cleveland get one of anything, lol. I lived and worked in the area back in the mid, late 70's{Cuyahoga Falls}. Always been a LeBron hater{Celtics fan}, but will give him props for heading back to his home area and helping bring them a trophy.

I don't known guys, Skip Bayless had some pretty convincing tweets that the spurs could have beaten the cavs and that Irving should have received the MVP ......

OKC maybe. Spurs no. Spurs wouldn't have made it past 5 games.

OKC vs Cavs would have actually been really interesting with all the physical specimens at play.

Small ball tried and failed miserably this year. Cavs took it back to older, more physical style of play and dominated the paint.

Congrats to the Cavs and Lebron. Told myself I'd order a pair a Nike Lebrons if they won. Probably would have ordered them anyways. The color way kinda reminds me of a team I like. ;)

eng_pl_Basketball-Shoes-Lebron-XIII-Low-8470_2.jpg

You an Aggie or Tide fan?

Small ball tried and failed miserably this year. Cavs took it back to older, more physical style of play and dominated the paint.

I just feel like that statement needs some more nuance. If Kyrie misses that three and GS wins, would you still say it failed miserably? If Green doesn't get suspended, Barnes even remotely shows up, Curry doesn't look injured or Bogut stays on the court, would you still say it failed miserably?

I think it is reasonable to say if Kerr stayed small throughout the 4th and Ezeli was on the bench, the Warriors probably would have won.

They won 73 regular season games, I just don't see how that is failing miserably.

(Not a GS fan either)

Reactions: dmm5157
I just feel like that statement needs some more nuance. If Kyrie misses that three and GS wins, would you still say it failed miserably? If Green doesn't get suspended, Barnes even remotely shows up, Curry doesn't look injured or Bogut stays on the court, would you still say it failed miserably?

I think it is reasonable to say if Kerr stayed small throughout the 4th and Ezeli was on the bench, the Warriors probably would have won.

They won 73 regular season games, I just don't see how that is failing miserably.

(Not a GS fan either)

That's certainly a valid observation and my response is probably a result of the hyperbole that surrounds us in sports coverage these days. Final destination obviously trumps the journey. Since GSW were unable to win the ring, they will forever be viewed as failures that couldn't get the job done.

Most fans won't go back and look at Draymond's suspension, or Bogut's injury that knocked him out of the final 2 games of the series, or Igoudala's back injury. Or Harrison Barnes going 2-14, then 0-8 from the field in back-to-back games (games 5 and 6). Sure GSW fans will remember that, but there aren't too many of non-bandwagon varieties of them. And all that will just be "what ifs" like so many other sporting events that have come before. Those things didn't happen, thus the result paints the final picture: Failure.

This series was really a culmination of each series that preceded it. In a way, reminded me of the NFC playoffs from 2014, where every team before lost in a dramatic end-of-game play or series (Questionable call to end Cowboys/Lions game, Cowboys lose in Dez Bryant "no-catch" in Green Bay, Crazy 2-OT Seahawks vs Packers, and then Packers INT to beat Seahawks in Superbowl). In the WC this year, each team overcame a deficit to come back and win the series starting with OKC vs Spurs (down 2-1). Then GSW vs OKC (down 3-1). And finally the Cavs (down 3-1). Cavs didn't really face any adversity until the Finals, but maybe that kept them fresh and able to make the final push. The Warriors had gassed themselves in the WCF to (luckily) beat OKC. They're lucky they didn't get knocked out at that point, making the season seem even worse of a let down.

In the end, the regular season record without the title is more grounds to be mocked by plenty of groups. Especially those who hate today's NBA and prefer the 90's Bulls and MJ era NBA. Those have been harping on this coming for a while now, and this finally gives them validation to belittle the accomplishments of the Warriors for this year. 73 games won in regular season is now a sad footnote on an otherwise tremendous season from the defending champs. Like most teams, I'm sure they'd rather have won back 2 back rings than set the record for most regular season wins. Hence the failure.

So much of what happens along the way gets forgotten as time passes. I'm sure that will be the case with the Warriors, fair or unfair. Great season, but no ring.

Yeah, good to see long suffering Cleveland get one of anything, lol. I lived and worked in the area back in the mid, late 70's{Cuyahoga Falls}. Always been a LeBron hater{Celtics fan}, but will give him props for heading back to his home area and helping bring them a trophy.

Family was from Cleveland. Lived in Rocky River briefly. I rooted for the Cavs in this series not b/c I was from that area but mainly b/c Cavs fans rooted for Dallas in 2011. Of course they were doing that b/c LBJ went to Miami. Interesting how that turned around.

Reactions: hatsbo
I would not be disappointed to ever hear that lisping blonde chick speak again...horrible for the ears..

It was driving me crazy as well. I couldn't even listen to WHAT she was saying for sake of HOW she was saying it.

Similar to alaska's explain this to me, I just don't get how he has such a following. I find him incredibly irritating, but he makes a TON of cash. Funny how on yesterday's RR-DK show, they opened up about how no one was allowed to disagree with him and if you did you'd get called to the principle's office. Was a little weak as it seemed like a parting shot with Bayless heading out, but still amusing.

I watched some of the games, am mostly happy that the NBA season is over, and any other sport can take the headlines.

Salary Cap is jumping from $70 to $94 million next season. Talk is really heating up today that the Warriors are to going to go strong at Kevin Durant now that he's a UFA. That seems weird to me, like Jimbo going to coach the gators. But if GS got him and kept their core, that ought to be just about unbeatable in a 7 game series. Don't know what Cleveland could do to counter.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/nba-salary-cap-2016-17-94-million-increase-of-34-percent-061816

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16395589/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-top-target-free-agency

Last edited:
So glad I was downtown to witness this. The party in the streets after was peaceful. Never gotten so many hugs and high fives from strangers in my life. We've suffered enough here in northeast Ohio. I'm thrilled to finally get a title and can't wait for the parade tomorrow. We are expecting 800k to a million people. It will be nuts. Miami fanbase doesn't touch ours

So glad I was downtown to witness this. The party in the streets after was peaceful. Never gotten so many hugs and high fives from strangers in my life. We've suffered enough here in northeast Ohio. I'm thrilled to finally get a title and can't wait for the parade tomorrow. We are expecting 800k to a million people. It will be nuts. Miami fanbase doesn't touch ours

Congrats man! It was a great storyline to see Cleveland finally bring home a title. Enjoy the parade.

And the gutty way they did it -- historic comeback from down 3-1, against the first 73-9 record in history -- That really moves Lebron's legacy to a completely higher level.

Reactions: SeminOwl28
.....I hope he can win a couple more. Although if the Warriors really do get Durant, there might have to be a talent arms race of unprecedented proportions for Cleveland to keep up.

First NBA game I've watched even part of since Michael retired the first time. Nice to LJ make good.

Salary Cap is jump from $70 to $94 million next season. Talk is really heating up today that the Warriors are to go strong at Kevin Durant now that he's a UFA. That seem weird to me, like Jimbo going to coach the gators. But if GS got him and kept their core, that ought to be just about unbeatable in a 7 game series. Don't know what Cleveland could do to counter.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/nba-salary-cap-2016-17-94-million-increase-of-34-percent-061816

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16395589/kevin-durant-golden-state-warriors-top-target-free-agency
I really can't see this happening. And if it does, yep, they will be the hugest favorite in league history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT