ADVERTISEMENT

NC State Wrestling

chuck_nole

All-ACC
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Ranked #3, knocked off #2 Iowa last night and became first ACC team to ever beat Iowa in a dual meet. They also beat Okie State this year and was also the first ACC team to beat them. Pretty impressive!

Remarkable and on the level of FSU ladies hoops beating UCONN.

Wrestling and women's basketball are probably the two most consistent and predictable sports in the NCAA. You just don't see upsets in these two sports.

How many ACC schools have a wrestling team? Beating Iowa is a huge win. Is NCState in some sort of special wrestling conference? I think it takes 6 members to create a conference led sport (the B10 just did that with hockey when PSU added the sport).

NCSU is getting three very talented Freshman next year who were 4 Time State Team champs (Dual and Traditional) in Georgia's largest classification (6-A). These kids - the Bullard twins (4x Individual State Champs in their respective weight classes) and Nick Diaz (2X plus a Runner-up finish I think as a Sophomore) are very skilled and very tough on the mat. They will bring great experience to that program. They have a lot of regional and some national experience at Archer so these kids can get after it.

Glad to see an ACC school (though they may not be a full-Conference program) getting some exposure. Would like to know as well, how and where they "fit" into a wrestling conference or region, if there aren't many other ACC schools with wrestling programs.

How many ACC schools have a wrestling team? Beating Iowa is a huge win. Is NCState in some sort of special wrestling conference? I think it takes 6 members to create a conference led sport (the B10 just did that with hockey when PSU added the sport).

Six ACC schools sponsor intercollegiate wrestling in Duke, North Carolina, NC State, Pitt, Virginia and Virginia Tech and all six finished among the top 28 schools in the nation in last year’s NCAA Wrestling Championship.
http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-date-for-2016-acc-wrestling-championship-09-03-2015

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT