ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament: FSU vs. Alabama

Alabama will be without starter Jessica Timmons who suffered a knee injury in their last game against Tennessee in the SEC tourney. Timmons avg 11 points and 4.5 rebounds.

Yes. Alabama's coach was asked about that today:

Where does losing Timmons impact you the most?

KRISTY CURRY:
It impacts us, but I also feel very confident that we will have some other folks that step up. I think Karly Weathers has done an unbelievable job all season, being as good as anyone in the SEC off the bench, the way she consistently makes plays.

Del'Janae Williams will come in and give us some assistance. We're going to do some things that we feel like we've prepared for the last two weeks.

I love the fact that the SEC tournament and us not playing up until Selection Sunday, the weekend of, I think has given us a chance to kind of take a deep breath and adjust.

Jess has done an unbelievable job. She's a three-level scorer. She gave us another ball handler in the backcourt. I think we'll miss her physicality, but I feel confident in having other players that can step up.

Latson and Timpson with 6 points apiece at the first TV timeout

FSU 12-8, 4:57 left 1Q

Reactions: semispear
Decent 1Q. Defense was solid, offense got a little cold the last couple of mins before that Gordon jumper.

FSU losing the battle on the boards 19-9, Bama with seven points on seven offensive boards

Seminoles lead 32-30, 4:51 to half

Bama in control after a 23-11 3Q

Still shooting at a high percentage and up to 14 offensive boards, 17 second-chance points

Screen Shot 2024-03-22 at 6.59.13 PM.png

Timpson with 21 points, 10 boards

Yet another double-double. But she could use some rebounding help

Reactions: NoleLizards
Gordon is down. Hopefully that's a cramp and not a knee issue. She's up now and putting weight on it

Reactions: NoleLizards
FSU rallies but falls short

Unfortunately another first-round exit for the Seminoles

Screen Shot 2024-03-22 at 7.32.03 PM.png

Had a three that rattled out for the lead late. We should have smoked them with a starter ou4 and a sub par night from their best player. Got to get some post type players in the portal.

Had a three that rattled out for the lead late. We should have smoked them with a starter ou4 and a sub par night from their best player. Got to get some post type players in the portal.
Our rim protection was non-existent tonight.

And another defeat and the hands of the Tide.
Can we play them in soccer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT