ADVERTISEMENT

New Puscifer album "Money Shot" (Maynard from TOOL)

dmm5157

Seminole Insider
Jan 30, 2005
Tallahassee
Seem to recall there are a lot of Maynard James Keenan music fans in the LR (TOOL, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer). I generally like Maynard's stuff, but Puscifer tends to be my least favorite of his musical projects. His previous albums have been more jokey, tongue-in-cheek and heavy on spoken word and electronics vs regular instruments and singing.

The new album "Money Shot" is really more of a heavy dose of A Perfect Circle with a dash of Tool at times. The albums serves as a little appetizer for the upcoming TOOL album that we've all been expected for far too long. The songs have a lot more substance and are lyrically more complicated than previous Puscifer albums. Certainly feels like maybe Maynard has missed the opportunities to let out his musical creative side and he's taken advantage with this album.

If you enjoy TOOL or APC, definitely worth checking it out. There are still 1 or 2 "silly" tracks, but most of the music is really good.

Here's a short write-up from Rolling Stone regarding the album:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...limate-change-ac-dc-puscifers-new-lp-20150914

Seem to recall there are a lot of Maynard James Keenan music fans in the LR (TOOL, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer). I generally like Maynard's stuff, but Puscifer tends to be my least favorite of his musical projects. His previous albums have been more jokey, tongue-in-cheek and heavy on spoken word and electronics vs regular instruments and singing.

The new album "Money Shot" is really more of a heavy dose of A Perfect Circle with a dash of Tool at times. The albums serves as a little appetizer for the upcoming TOOL album that we've all been expected for far too long. The songs have a lot more substance and are lyrically more complicated than previous Puscifer albums. Certainly feels like maybe Maynard has missed the opportunities to let out his musical creative side and he's taken advantage with this album.

If you enjoy TOOL or APC, definitely worth checking it out. There are still 1 or 2 "silly" tracks, but most of the music is really good.

Here's a short write-up from Rolling Stone regarding the album:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...limate-change-ac-dc-puscifers-new-lp-20150914

This is a good read too. Apparently, they dressed up as Zeppelin for the Halloween show mentioned in this article.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/musi...wine-tool-fans-will-just-have-to-wait-7775457

I'm not a giant fan past the earlier Tool stuff but I've been to his winery in Jerome Arizona (Merkin and Cadeucus) and really enjoyed it. That part of Arizona and the Verde Valley region do absolutely amazing dry old vine Zins (Javelina leap in particular). Other hot weather vines like Syrah/Shriaz are good as well but th Zins are the best by far.

I'm not a giant fan past the earlier Tool stuff but I've been to his winery in Jerome Arizona (Merkin and Cadeucus) and really enjoyed it. That part of Arizona and the Verde Valley region do absolutely amazing dry old vine Zins (Javelina leap in particular). Other hot weather vines like Syrah/Shriaz are good as well but th Zins are the best by far.

I'm not a wine guy, but I did enjoy the documentary "Blood into Wine" about Maynard and his foray into the wine industry. It's probably more enjoyable for fans of MJK's music, but still a nice little documentary.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
This is a good read too. Apparently, they dressed up as Zeppelin for the Halloween show mentioned in this article.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/musi...wine-tool-fans-will-just-have-to-wait-7775457

Friend of mine went to the Puscifer show in San Antonio last night, will have to get his rundown about the show later today.

I did see the Zeppelin costumes thing. They have a tendency to do the same. Maynard dressed up as a clown at an APC show in San Antonio on Halloween back when they were touring in 2003.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT