ADVERTISEMENT

New supersonic commercial plane coming out in 7 years

Imtotallynottribe

Seminole Insider
Apr 6, 2018
Last edited:
Only about FL 530. In the T38 and F4, you weren't supposed to go above 50,000' due to the pressurization system. Not like an airliner.

I think the Concorde cruised at FL 600.

Only about FL 530. In the T38 and F4, you weren't supposed to go above 50,000' due to the pressurization system. Not like an airliner.

I think the Concorde cruised at FL 600.

My team was able to get rides on the T-38. It was coordinated so we would have a better understanding of what the pilots were seeing when we called in air strikes. It was pretty cool and yes they got me and several others to puke. Now the party at the squadron bar was fun till the next morning.

My team was able to get rides on the T-38. It was coordinated so we would have a better understanding of what the pilots were seeing when we called in air strikes. It was pretty cool and yes they got me and several others to puke. Now the party at the squadron bar was fun till the next morning.
Lightweight swabbie.

At my school we get a lot of military personnel who are getting close to retirement and will often take evening classes for hobbyists skills. I had one a few years ago who was the lead instructor for the F22 squadron based at Tyndall AFB. At the time he had the 2nd most hours in the F22 of anyone in the AF. He said that his primary duties was that of a target and flew the T-38s which he said was his most favorite plane to fly. He came in to class one evening after a very stormy day with the weather being bad enough we almost cancelled school. I asked him if they flew that day or did the weather keep them on the ground. He said when he got in that morning ahead of the weather the squadron commander told him he was behind on his flight hours and to take off and not come back until he had 8 hrs in the air. He flew the 38 up to Knoxville and took his sister out to lunch for her b'day, then flew to one of the Carolinas and refuel then flew down the coast and around the peninsula and back to PC. I told that had to be a rough life. He was very limited and what he would say about the capabilities of the F22, but he said enough for me to realize that is one impressive plane.

At my school we get a lot of military personnel who are getting close to retirement and will often take evening classes for hobbyists skills. I had one a few years ago who was the lead instructor for the F22 squadron based at Tyndall AFB. At the time he had the 2nd most hours in the F22 of anyone in the AF. He said that his primary duties was that of a target and flew the T-38s which he said was his most favorite plane to fly. He came in to class one evening after a very stormy day with the weather being bad enough we almost cancelled school. I asked him if they flew that day or did the weather keep them on the ground. He said when he got in that morning ahead of the weather the squadron commander told him he was behind on his flight hours and to take off and not come back until he had 8 hrs in the air. He flew the 38 up to Knoxville and took his sister out to lunch for her b'day, then flew to one of the Carolinas and refuel then flew down the coast and around the peninsula and back to PC. I told that had to be a rough life. He was very limited and what he would say about the capabilities of the F22, but he said enough for me to realize that is one impressive plane.

Most people do rave about the F-22. And there’s been a lot of people that want to reopen production of the F-22 and A-10 rather than build more POS F-35s. THAT (the F-35) has been the big boondoggle.

Most people do rave about the F-22. And there’s been a lot of people that want to reopen production of the F-22 and A-10 rather than build more POS F-35s. THAT (the F-35) has been the big boondoggle.

That is pretty much his opinion and the pilots I know who are familiar with both planes.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
The T-38 is one sweet ride. My favorite also. It's unfortunate that not everyone in AF pilot training gets to fly it anymore.

When I was in HS and we took the military exam I apparently scored exceptionally high on it. The AF offered me my choice of training and naturally I said I wanted to be a pilot. With my score on the test and my HS grades I was going to go thru basic and then go to the academy. My dad had a good friend who had retired and he advised us to make sure if something showed up on my physical that would keep me from the pilot training I would not be held to my obligation. I ended up being color blind, even though very slight it was enough to keep me from flight training, so I did not join. Just as well because I had a late growth spurt and in 4 months grew from 6'3 1/2" to 6'6", and went from perfect vision to becoming very near sighted. which both at the time would have kept me from being a pilot. My school is located in line with the approach patterns to TAFB, I still look up at the 22s and wonder what if.

I'm slightly color blind. Was discovered in my ROTC flight physical. There were 2 of us. Wasn't a factor as they just give us a different test which was much easier than that stupid color blind test book.
Now your sitting height would be a different problem as there is a minimum and a maximum. One of my F4 buddies is 6'3" and he barely made it.

They only gave me the book test. I have to have a vision acuity exam every 3 years for a welding inspection cert I have and it includes a color blind test. Sometimes it will still show up and other times it does not. I think the near sightedness would have kept me out as well as the height issue. Of course I am going the other way now, cataract surgery gave me nearly 20/15 distance vision and the mid/old age shrinkage has set in and I am only 6'4 1/2" now. I wonder if they are looking for any 60yo recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT