ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Discussion Thread

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
Combine is done and Anthony Richardson made himself some money, great stats and the guy is an athlete, just not a QB. If a team drafts that guy and expects him to play this year, that GM will be looking for a new job

Robinson had a decent combine, most sites have him as a 3rd round projection, I hope he kills it in the NFL.

@NoleLizards who you got going #1

Combine is done and Anthony Richardson made himself some money, great stats and the guy is an athlete, just not a QB. If a team drafts that guy and expects him to play this year, that GM will be looking for a new job

Robinson had a decent combine, most sites have him as a 3rd round projection, I hope he kills it in the NFL.

@NoleLizards who you got going #1
Depends on who's picking. If the Bears (foolishly) keep the #1 overall, it'll probably be Will Anderson. I could see the Colts trading up and taking CJ Stroud. Bryce Young scares me a bit due to his lack of size.

Richardson killed it at the Combine of course. He needs to go somewhere like Detroit where he can sit and learn for a bit.

Reactions: NoleinATL
y`+Depends on who's picking. If the Bears (foolishly) keep the #1 overall, it'll probably be Will Anderson. I could see the Colts trading up and taking CJ Stroud. Bryce Young scares me a bit due to his lack of size.

Richardson killed it at the Combine of course. He needs to go somewhere like Detroit where he can sit and learn for a bit.

Bears "should" be able to move back a couple of times and load up on players

Agree on Young, would scare me to death, he is slight and the OLine he had at Bama is not going to be the same in the NFL

If I am the Lions, I dont take a QB, Goff had a good year and fits the offense, don't rattle him , get your D or O line improved

Reactions: NoleLizards
Bears "should" be able to move back a couple of times and load up on players

Agree on Young, would scare me to death, he is slight and the OLine he had at Bama is not going to be the same in the NFL

If I am the Lions, I dont take a QB, Goff had a good year and fits the offense, don't rattle him , get your D or O line improved
Seattle would be a good spot for AR to sit at first and learn behind Geno Smith.

Do you think the Bears could possibly go QB at one and then trade Fields?? I wouldn't suggest that they do that, but I have heard a couple of wonks throwing that out there.

I saw a factoid the other day which would guide me in answering the question

since the 2017 draft, only 1 QB is still with the team that drafted the player ( Patrick Mahomes)
There is no position that misses more often than QB, Fields is what he is, build around him for a couple of years and let's see what he can do.
If he is a miss, you have a shit ton of talent and can get a FA QB or maybe you take a flyer on a National Championship-winning QB like Jordan Travis who has shown growth every year in college

The Saints just signed Derek Carr... Could Jameis be headed back to Tampa?? 🤔

QUICK EDIT.. They came to agreement. Can't sign him just yet.

Last edited:
Can you believe that Richardson now has the second highest odds to be picked first overall??

Depends on who's picking. If the Bears (foolishly) keep the #1 overall, it'll probably be Will Anderson. I could see the Colts trading up and taking CJ Stroud. Bryce Young scares me a bit due to his lack of size.

First, I will fully admit I'm looking at this through garnet and gold glasses but...

What did Richardson do that wasn't expected? Everyone already knew he's an exceptional athlete. Everyone also already knew that half his passes hit the ground. He's not a QB and I don't think he'll suddenly become one playing against a level of talent ten times better than what he faced in college.

The Saints just signed Derek Carr... Could Jameis be headed back to Tampa?? 🤔

QUICK EDIT.. They came to agreement. Can't sign him just yet.
Jameis needs to get out of New Orleans. I didn't understand the coach's refusal to play him last year over Dalton at the end of the season. He needs to go somewhere he can compete for a job.

Jameis needs to get out of New Orleans. I didn't understand the coach's refusal to play him last year over Dalton at the end of the season. He needs to go somewhere he can compete for a job.
By all appearances, New Orleans is going to cut him due to cap reasons.

First, I will fully admit I'm looking at this through garnet and gold glasses but...

What did Richardson do that wasn't expected? Everyone already knew he's an exceptional athlete. Everyone also already knew that half his passes hit the ground. He's not a QB and I don't think he'll suddenly become one playing against a level of talent ten times better than what he faced in college.

And he always tended to disappear in big games.

Allen playing Jameis with a broken back and then not playing him after he recovered seemed personal. There is no way an unbiased person would think Dalton gave that team a better chance to win.

Hot Take alert

The Ravens are smart to tag Jackson with nonexclusive. That guy is not going to win a SB trying to get out of the AFC.
If another team wants to pay that guy 50 million per, best of luck at your next stop. With your additional draft picks build the o and d line while taking flyer on a QB and start the process over.

Hot Take alert

The Ravens are smart to tag Jackson with nonexclusive. That guy is not going to win a SB trying to get out of the AFC.
If another team wants to pay that guy 50 million per, best of luck at your next stop. With your additional draft picks build the o and d line while taking flyer on a QB and start the process over.
I can understand betting on yourself but you still need to know when to fold. Not having an agent has really hurt him here.

I can understand betting on yourself but you still need to know when to fold. Not having an agent has really hurt him here.

agreed

I will say though if I was an owner having to sign a QB I would punch Jimmy Haslett in the face every time I saw him. That idiotic deal they gave Watson is going to create a few headaches over the next 5+ years

I am surprised they pulled the trigger this early, I was sure they would try to double dip with maybe Indy, then Carolina ..They might have really wanted Moore
One must presume that Carolina has a specific target in mind by moving up all the way to one. Looking at their depth chart now, their receiving corps looks laughably bad. Whichever rookie QB they bring in is going to be up against it from the get go.

One must presume that Carolina has a specific target in mind by moving up all the way to one. Looking at their depth chart now, their receiving corps looks laughably bad. Whichever rookie QB they bring in is going to be up against it from the get go.

Has to be Young right? Even with his size most of the "experts" have him as #1

I am not a fan of moving that much to get a guy ( ok with Mahomes/Allen-type deals )
The Panthers are a dumpster fire, they could have kept 9 and probably get Carter, then when they pick 1 next year they have a choice of Williams / Maye at QB or generational talents Harrison Jr Bowers who teams will go up to get.
2024 Panthers could trade back get a top-ten talent like Verse and find a supremely talented leader in the 2nd or 3rd like, someone like maybe JT

Has to be Young right? Even with his size most of the "experts" have him as #1

I am not a fan of moving that much to get a guy ( ok with Mahomes/Allen-type deals )
The Panthers are a dumpster fire, they could have kept 9 and probably get Carter, then when they pick 1 next year they have a choice of Williams / Maye at QB or generational talents Harrison Jr Bowers who teams will go up to get.
2024 Panthers could trade back get a top-ten talent like Verse and find a supremely talented leader in the 2nd or 3rd like, someone like maybe JT
I think the Bears won this one big time. Carolina needs a lot more than a QB.

Might have to rethink where Winston ends up, that arm not looking quite as strong

It laughable that they asked to restructure while telling him he will be at best a backup

Just watched the Carter pro day film, young man cost himself some money
gained 9 pounds in two weeks and was gassed

Pleading today, he needs to get to work and try to get a couple private workouts before the draft

Just watched the Carter pro day film, young man cost himself some money
gained 9 pounds in two weeks and was gassed

Pleading today, he needs to get to work and try to get a couple private workouts before the draft
Before the Bears traded away the first overall pick, some mocks had them taking Carter. Would be hilarious if they still get him at nine.

So, all of the top QB prospects except Richardson have now had their pro days. Vegas now has Stroud as the favorite to go #1 overall. I personally think that Carolina would be wise to pick him.

Thoughts??

So, all of the top QB prospects except Richardson have now had their pro days. Vegas now has Stroud as the favorite to go #1 overall. I personally think that Carolina would be wise to pick him.

Thoughts??

I am inclined to agree, he looks the part, that Georgia game showed his upside and I am less concerned about size, BUT, I think Young is the better QB, so I am still not sure.
The Panthers must be sure who they want giving up the picks plus Moore and I think it will be Stroud

I have a feeling that someone who wants a QB is going to trade up to #3 with Arizona.

I have a feeling the Falcons will try and trade for Jackson. Certainly, an upgrade over Ridder but so many holes giving up too many draft picks will be difficult to overcome

I have a feeling the Falcons will try and trade for Jackson. Certainly, an upgrade over Ridder but so many holes giving up too many draft picks will be difficult to overcome
He'd put butts in the seats though...and get them some national TV games.

Hated to read that Cam McDonald tweaked something today during his 40, apparently, he is going to run again in a couple of weeks.
If he can make some plays on special teams to earn a spot, he is a solid player to bring in and see if you can develop the receiving skills to make a good pro catching balls in the middle of the field

Arizona is a complete dumpster fire. Now Budda Baker is asking to be traded. I think the new brain trust should just rip the band-aid off and start over from scratch... Go ahead and trade him and Nuk Hopkins and then take a QB at 3 (especially if the Texans pass on Stroud at 2 because of his agent).

Last edited:
Poorly run organization for years highlighted recently by hiring a college coach who just got fired and drafting Murray.
Why they gave that much guaranteed money to a QB who they said doesn't work hard at part of his job is still confusing. I would have let him walk before giving him that kind of money.

I'm afraid that Jamie Erdahl, the host of Good Morning Football, may need to enter drug rehab... They're doing a little mini-mock, and she has Colts trading down with the Jets for a package that includes Zach Wilson. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT