ADVERTISEMENT

NHL playoffs start tonight!

I have a work conference in Tampa next month. Would love for them to still be in and at home when I’m down there.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Devils win the series. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if Tampa wins the Cup. How’s that for hedging? :)

Haha, yeah - it's very possible that either of those could happen. Lightning haven't really played that well for the last 6 to 8 weeks, and they've struggled against the Devils especially (think NJ swept the season series). On the other hand, Tampa has tremendous offensive skill and a great young keeper, which certainly gives them a shot at hoisting the Cup.

That was a great goal, but was arguably a high stick. I assume they spent a lot of time reviewing that?

I can't believe that this wasn't #1 on the Sportscenter Top 10. Checked in at #4.
The NHL Playoffs aren't on the Disney family of networks, so it's not surprising the four letter glosses over them.

That's nice, quaint little crowd.

e7b31f7343e6aaa5fcd0fe7ee6c5647d.png

We had the local broadcast and the angles that they replayed did not show a high stick.

Figured they'd have reviewed that pretty closely & had better views than my watching it on a youtube video, clicking the space bar to freeze it to try to judge where the stick was.
Of course, since it was already 4 zip they might not have spent much time on it. :)

The Avs had a tremendous turnaround this season. Something to be proud of for sure but they have no chance against Nashville. If they are out I will be pulling the Vegas. That's also a good story.

Nice bounce back by the Flyers last night!
Saw some of the “old Pens” stuff last night. Stupid penalties and boneheaded plays and decisions. Hopefully that was just a one off thing. The Pens did have some chances, including Sid missing two WIDE open nets, but Elliot played well once the first period settled down.

We left before midway through the 2nd period. :)

Sadly, the refs are back to their “regress for the playoffs” approach it seems. Not a well called game last night.

I wonder if anyone in Toronto has the phone number for that accountant in Chicago?

Never followed hockey until the Lightning started playing. Didn't go to the fairgrounds for any of the first season but then went to the Thunderdome several times to watch them play. Moved away from Pinellas and have been following them ever since.

Go Bolts!!

This playoff set up is dumb. The top two teams in the conference should not meet in the conference semis, but I guess Tampa, Boston and Pitt will probably all have to go through each other at some point, but if Philly plays Columbus, and Boston plays Tampa, Sacrebleu!

I hate the participation point that everyone gets for going to OT in the regular season, the 4 on 4 OT and the shootout. The NHL corrects itself in the playoffs with sudden death and 5 v 5, and ZERO commercials during the OT.

Good W for the Pens, even though they were outplayed for most of the first period. Sid just keeps doing Sid things.

Damn...Anaheim's mailed it in after losing the first 2 at home (lost 8-1 last night in SJ). Hope my Caps respond better tonight in a similar situation. :confused:

Bruins and Bolts both miss the chance to go up 3-0 last night, both teams played good enough to win but the puck didn't bounce their way.

Goes without saying, what a game from Guentzel! Natural hat tricks are rare, but four in a row?!? And in the playoffs no less?!?

Oh, and also: Philly fans as classy as always at the end of the game. We lived there for almost 5 years before moving to Pittsburgh 11 years ago, and I went to many Flyers (season tickets because I love hockey so much) and Phillies games so I feel at least somewhat qualified to say that Philly sports fans are generally just really ugly human beings.

I’m glad the Pens are moving on of course, but it’s extra special to send the Flyers and their a-hole fans packing.

I really enjoyed the Tampa Bay Lightning/NJ Devils game Saturday

Reactions: EconSean
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT