ADVERTISEMENT

NHL playoffs start tonight!

Tonight’s game 7 period 3 will start right about the same time as the 2nd to last episode of The Americans. Boy-o-boy. Not cool for me.

That was a good period of hockey..
This 3rd should be action packed, what a great series

Nah, this one is over. Caps will sit back & keep Tampa from getting possession in the offensive zone. The 3rd goal ended it. Oddly, as far as puck possession and scoring chances, this is the best the Lightning have played in the series - but they’re getting blown out.

Nah, this one is over. Caps will sit back & keep Tampa from getting possession in the offensive zone. The 3rd goal ended it. Oddly, as far as puck possession and scoring chances, this is the best the Lightning have played in the series - but they’re getting blown out.

I am hoping for a good period , at least a bunch of action

oh
and dont forget to get your picks in , you have had roll over picks last 2 weeks

This is one of the more bizarre series I remember as far as swings in momentum each team seemed destined to win at different times.

Heck of a game by Holtby

Congratulations to the Caps

Last edited:
Reactions: hatsbo and ericnole
The Lightning dominated Game 7 more than any other team to actually lose by that scoreline....maybe ever in the history of the sport? Ugh, that was hard to watch in the end, couldn't finish.

Reactions: hatsbo
I have new wallpaper! (Hopefully it will be upgraded within a couple of weeks.)

ap18144111436862-cropped.jpg

Congrats to Tampa on a terrific season. The Bolts have a great young team and will be back again & again. For us long-suffering Caps fans (yours truly going back to the "Crapitals" days), this is long overdue.

Two decades ago, Washington made it this far only to go four and borscht against Detroit. I'm hoping for a much better effort and outcome against the upstart Golden Knights.

The Lightning dominated Game 7 more than any other team to actually lose by that scoreline....maybe ever in the history of the sport? Ugh, that was hard to watch in the end, couldn't finish.

It was like watching the Caps in prior years. When you can't score that net starts looking smaller and smaller and smaller and then even the easy chances won't go in. I am glad the Caps were finally on the right side of that for a change. I was sitting in my office in DC when Ovechkin scored that opening goal 1 minute in. This giant roar went up. It was so loud that I knew the Caps must have scored.

Reactions: hatsbo
Watched a little last night. Man Vegas puts on a show; but it is Vegas. Don't really have a dog in the fight. Kind of cool if Vegas won it; but went to a Caps game in a sky box earlier this year. Hoping for a game 7 regardless of winner.

So will Wilson get suspended for a portion of the Cup finals?

Suspension not terribly likely but he does have a history of being suspended so that can factor in.

Vegas is awkward in some of what they do but their players are just so well-positioned. They certainly make chicken salad out of chicken s?%! Holtby was pretty bad last night.

I don't follow hockey, and the dirty, cheap shot that Washington player took on the Vegas player that I've been seeing on SportsCenter is why. Unfathomable that wouldn't get some kind of suspension. If not, I hope someone takes him out in the next game for it.

I don't follow hockey, and the dirty, cheap shot that Washington player took on the Vegas player that I've been seeing on SportsCenter is why. Unfathomable that wouldn't get some kind of suspension. If not, I hope someone takes him out in the next game for it.
And yet you watch football? Hmmm. Look, hockey like football is physical, players fight each other for gods sake. Actually, the hit by Wilson is fairly common, a full body check with no head involvement, a little too blind sided and a smidge too late as the player wasn't carrying the puck any more. At least he got a two minute penalty for interference, although I would have added another two minutes for roughing. If it hadn't been the playoffs he would have likely gotten a few games off. What was more egregious in that game was the uncalled cross checks from behind, especially the one by Reaves right before he scored that goal.

Reactions: ericnole
What a save by Holtby.
If the Caps win the Cup that will be known forever as The Save." However as a former goalie, that kind of save is made fairly often, or at least the attempted save. A quick cross ice pass to a shooter with a open net with the goalie out of position. As a goalie, you have two choices depending on how far away the shooter is. As close as Tuch was, Holtby chose the upper body swing with the outstretched stick. If the shooter is further out, you might have time to swing your pads over for a kick save or even a blocker save. Obviously with that stick save attempt, you're hoping the shooter is rushed, and doesn't take the second or so to lift the puck high. Of course the longer the shooter waits, the more of the net the goalie is going to cover up. 4 out of 5 times that puck goes in the net, so a lot of luck is involved. Of course LV had several gratuitous bounces in those last few minutes so it balances out. All of that long winded explanation being said, Holtby played a hell of a lot better than the first game.{reposted from the Pro and General Sports Forum}

Reactions: NoleinATL
Another great game so far...The amount of blocked shots is just incredible, every player giving everything they can for the team.

nice goal...wow, excellent play

Reactions: EconSean
Been great hockey.

I think that Washington will win, and I’m happy with the idea of Ovie skating the Cup. If they do win the series, I hope they clinch in DC.

I hope that’s Vegas can keep the core of this team together (which may not be so easy, given how the expansion draft process worked and how their players are signed now).

Anyway, Pens in ‘19! :)

Reactions: ericnole
That was a great end to a great series and playoffs. Congrats to the Capitals.

The video/pictures of Ovechkin getting the cup are outstanding

I was actually also happy for Ovechkin last night; I don't hate him near as much as I once did. Not sure if I've softened as I've aged, he's softened as he's aged, or he's just benefitted by not looking like near as big a douche bag with Tom Wilson skating on his line. ;)

What a great week! FSU gets a national title and the Caps break through! Bonus, my wife watched all the hockey games with me and is totally hooked! She was loving Ovi. Hopefully, I’ll get to a game in DC next season, I’ve watched them play in Tampa but never in the District.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Happy for Ovie...which is a bit sacrilegious for a Pens’ fan to say. :)

I don’t hate him like I used to, and admire what he did this season.

That said, the Pens are coming to take the hardware back next season. Go Pens!

Reactions: DFSNOLE
What a great run by the Caps. Its been a great 2 months. Here's hoping Ovi sobers up before the start of next season. He and boys have been on quite the bender.

ADVERTISEMENT