ADVERTISEMENT

No Pokemon GO threads yet?

NoleLizards

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2004
Supposedly this app has swept human civilization. I'm apparently one of the last people on earth who doesn''t own a smart phone, so I haven't played this (or Angry Birds or Candy Crush, etc., for that matter....) From what I've been hearing, the game has actually become dangerous for some people, even leading to gamers being led into ambushes to be robbed.

Any of you LRers hooked on this thing? I'm used to seeing people walking around, using their phones, and running into things while not paying attention already...so I don't see a big difference really in the behavior of others.

sRXVZEg.jpg

24 hours ago I had never heard of Pokemon Go. Since then it has been brought up in conversion at least a half dozen times. I talked to a couple of adults who said they are hooked and to stay away.

I'm actually feeling tempted to see what it's all about now.

Was literally just getting ready to start thread. Here is my experience:
July 6th - app released
July 10th "dad have you heard about Pokemon go app!" 10 year old son
July 12th "dad have you heard about Pokemon go app!" 14 year old daughter
July 13th "honey have you heard about Pokemon go app!" 38 year old wife
July 15th. Nintendo stock up 8 billion.

I just downloaded. There is no way I'll be playing this game.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't it basically digital icons that the programmers put in random places? I'm not sure how they can get away with putting these digital icons in businesses. I got an email today from our security dept. stating there were these icons in 2 of our buildings and to call the police if people showed up looking for them.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't it basically digital icons that the programmers put in random places? I'm not sure how they can get away with putting these digital icons in businesses. I got an email today from our security dept. stating there were these icons in 2 of our buildings and to call the police if people showed up looking for them.
One guy's home was identified as a gym. He had random people showing up in his yard.

So far some folks have found a dead body whilst exploring and criminals already have used it to rob people. No wonder it is addictive.

Reactions: lazzaro9399
I guess this is a step better than the cards my son would ask for in a game he had no idea how to play. Those cards were like gold to the elementary school kids lol.

I guess this is a step better than the cards my son would ask for in a game he had no idea how to play. Those cards were like gold to the elementary school kids lol.
I always thought Pokemon was the Garbage Pale Kids of my day.

It's a modified version of geocaching, only you can find real items when you geocache.

I downloaded Go just to make sure I wasn't going to have some nerd show up in my yard. Almost ran over a kid in Lowe's yesterday looking for them. I guess there are 2 or 3 of them inside the building. Even the help knows where to direct people. The university of Nebraska is opening up their football stadium this saturday so people can go in and get their pokemon. People were climbing the fences to get it.

It does get the nerds outside walking around, rather than inside, sitting on their ipads.

Reactions: noleclone2
I'm looking out for cute females absentmindedly walking around with their smart phones so I ask them if they're looking for a Pokemon....

My 22 year old son who is interning at an accounting firm downtown goes out at plays at lunch. He says you will see all kinds of adults staring at their phone walking around the same location looking for the "rewards" or whatever they are.

can't believe its as popular as it is. has huge advertising ramifications. need to get people to your restaurant for happy hour? just pay nintendo to have some pokemons there (virtually).

Can locations (homes, Arlington Cemetery, Holocaust Museum, Auschwitz Memorial, 9/11 Memorial) provide back GPS coordinates to have items deleted?

Reactions: GoNolesTX
There were over 100 people walking around outside the library last night playing the game. My son has walked about 20km over the last couple days - I'm a fan for that reason alone.

On a side note, this topic came up and people there mentioned too about getting shot for being on their lawn. Seriously? If I see someone on my lawn I go out and ask them if they need help with something, I don't shoot. Last night there were a few car full of teenagers parked next to the house as our neighbors yard spawns pokemons like crazy. I didn't shoot at them.

There were over 100 people walking around outside the library last night playing the game. My son has walked about 20km over the last couple days - I'm a fan for that reason alone.

On a side note, this topic came up and people there mentioned too about getting shot for being on their lawn. Seriously? If I see someone on my lawn I go out and ask them if they need help with something, I don't shoot. Last night there were a few car full of teenagers parked next to the house as our neighbors yard spawns pokemons like crazy. I didn't shoot at them.

Chasing Pokeman around town seems to be a much healthier and legal activity for kids to do in the summer than what we used to do....

can't believe its as popular as it is. has huge advertising ramifications. need to get people to your restaurant for happy hour? just pay nintendo to have some pokemons there (virtually).

They already have some kind of Lure thingie you can purchase. I don't know if it increases spawn rates or not but it was advertised some businesses were purchasing it for $50.00. I think virtual games that get you moving around outside may end much up bigger than we anticipate. The kids, young and old, are loving it so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT