ADVERTISEMENT

No Pokemon GO threads yet?

Supposedly this app has swept human civilization. I'm apparently one of the last people on earth who doesn''t own a smart phone, so I haven't played this (or Angry Birds or Candy Crush, etc., for that matter....) From what I've been hearing, the game has actually become dangerous for some people, even leading to gamers being led into ambushes to be robbed.

Any of you LRers hooked on this thing? I'm used to seeing people walking around, using their phones, and running into things while not paying attention already...so I don't see a big difference really in the behavior of others.

I haven't tried the game but it amazes me how much hate people are throwing at it on facebook. Complaining about grown ups wasting their time with Pokemon go while there is so much wrong with the world. Meanwhile, the Pokemon haters (grown ups I presume) are spending a lot of time and effort complaining about Pokemon on fb. Don't they know there is so much wrong in the world??? Get off fb and go fix the world omg

I haven't tried the game but it amazes me how much hate people are throwing at it on facebook. Complaining about grown ups wasting their time with Pokemon go while there is so much wrong with the world. Meanwhile, the Pokemon haters (grown ups I presume) are spending a lot of time and effort complaining about Pokemon on fb. Don't they know there is so much wrong in the world??? Get off fb and go fix the world omg
I'm not complaining about it at all...It's just a current event news story I find entertaining. Everything else is so damned depressing. Look around you...The whole damned world's falling apart.

This picture supports the theme of getting out and off the sofa.

BBulEkX.img
4b0.gif

Reactions: SoddyNole
I wasn't referring to you specifically unless you are on my fb. Well I'm off to go fix the world.

This is about right but they all need to be obese...

3f26d9aca50b61c4f767df77b8706d95.jpg

So I'm up in Huntington, WV, visiting and there's a really nice park just a block from the house. There must have been 300+ Pokémon drones walking around with their collective noses buried in their phones. All I could think of is the movie Kingsman and it's just a matter of time before the app creator presses his magic button and the everybody starts killing each other.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Pokémon was huge when I was younger (I'm in my mid 20s) but for whatever reason I never got into it. My friends, though, are hooked.

The LEO's here in Orlando gave the Pulse nightclub back to the owners early this week. That night the club was broken into and the next night an attempted break in. I'm now wondering if that's what could be going on that they're looking for Pokemon. LOL

Either way, we have some deranged folks around that would want to break in that nightclub.

So every few Saturday nights myself and a couple of my neighbor buddies will come over for beers in my garage. It's typically 2 to maybe 6 beers for an hour two. There have been occasions when we stay up to 3am tying a good one on.

My point, they came over this past Saturday around 11pm as usual. They are pretty cool guys. All they talked about was Pokemon Go. It started out with, "yeah, my kids are into it". I ask how exactly does it work, they both start going into the details. Next thing you know they are both clearly playing it and talking about things like raspberries, where the good "activity gyms" are, how they wished they could fight each other, how the points work...blah blah blah. This went on for over an hour. They pull out their phones and find two something or another in driveway to kill.

So yeah, wtf. I couldn't believe this was happening. I feel like I've lost my friends or something.

Someone's gonna get shot

Authorities say a Florida man fired shots at two late-night “Pokemon Go” players in a car outside his house but no one was injured.

Flagler County Sheriff’s Office spokesman James Troiano says in a news release that the homeowner awoke to a noise outside about 1:30 a.m. Saturday and saw a car sitting in the road in front of his house. He told authorities he got a handgun and approached the vehicle.

Troiano says the two teens in the car sped away and the man fired several shots at them.

Later that morning, he says, the mother of one of the teens called the sheriff’s office when they realized the car had a flat tire and several bullet holes in it. She told officials the two had been playing the smartphone app.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT