ADVERTISEMENT

Not CO2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What predictions for the future by the "Chicken Little's" have ever happened?

Some just live to be in fear of the future. What a miserable way to live, IMHO

It is always the fault of mankind and Science will always save the day, lol

That being said there are ways to care for the environment that make sense and do work.

Would it really matter? No, because a few months down the road one of threads will pop up with the same posters making the same uneducated, since I guess ignorant is an insult now,, illogical arguments. Today's Ocean Acidification is faster than in the past 300 MILLION years....yes, that was BEFORE the dinosaurs

The question wasn't really for you but ill bite.

A greater extinction of tropical species has led some scientists to question whether global warming rather than ocean acidification was the main killer at this time.

This study finds that the most notorious of all extinctions, the one that ended the Age of Dinosaurs with a falling asteroid 65 million years ago, may not have been associated with ocean acidification.

The asteroid impact in present-day Mexico 65 million years ago released toxic gases and possibly set off fires that sent surges of carbon into the air.

Though many species of plankton went extinct, coral reefs and benthic foraminifera survived.

In lab experiments, scientists have tried to simulate modern ocean acidification, but the number of variables currently at play--high carbon dioxide and warmer temperatures, and reduced ocean pH and dissolved oxygen levels--make predictions difficult.

So, is it man-made or natural? It happened before due to natural events so how do we know this now or 12 years ago? In this case they think something might happen by the year 2100 but can't really say for sure. I'm not saying it isn't happening or won't happen but how do we know these are not natural cycles and how much is man-made vs nature?

Would it really matter?

I guess ignorant is an insult now,
Doesn't bother me at all.... hell, Everything is an insult now, that's the new world of tolerance... but around here its only insult is if "we" call people ignorant, but if a "social justice warrior" says it, than its all good. LMFAO

Seriously, ok, let's say your science is 100% accurate, what would be the actual plan to stop this environmental apocalypse??

Reactions: aawash
Doesn't bother me at all.... hell, Everything is an insult now, that's the new world of tolerance... but around here its only insult is if "we" call people ignorant, but if a "social justice warrior" says it, than its all good. LMFAO

Seriously, ok, let's say your science is 100% accurate, what would be the actual plan to stop this environmental apocalypse??
Exactly.

Reactions: noletaire
So, explain it to us all please. Throw some data out there to support your argument. Or is it more fun to join in and like posts calling people ignorant?

What is this balance you speak of in %? How close are we to the tipping point both in CO2 and Ocean acidification?
Maybe pictures can help.

earth_temperature_timeline.png

What predictions for the future by the "Chicken Little's" have ever happened?

Some just live to be in fear of the future. What a miserable way to live, IMHO

It is always the fault of mankind and Science will always save the day, lol

That being said there are ways to care for the environment that make sense and do work.
Yeah, those climate models seem to.....well, predict the future accurately.
Forecast_evaluation_for_models_run_in_2004_in_F_and_C.jpeg

That the values were determined by indirect measurements.
People who don't have any science understanding often think this means they are not valid.
They are the same sort of people who think Theory means 'guess'.

My point was the indirect measurement part. Also, who are these people you refer to? The ones not agreeing with you who are obviously lacking scientific understanding?

Last edited by a moderator:
That the values were determined by indirect measurements.
People who don't have any science understanding often think this means they are not valid.
They are the same sort of people who think Theory means 'guess'.

You and I know that climate change is real...convincing others is going to be impossible.

My point was the indirect measurement part. Also, who are these people you refer to? The ones not agreeing with you who are obviously lacking scientific understanding?
Many things are measured indirectly that no one has issues with. It seems that only topics people make political are those where it's seen as suspect.

So, explain it to us all please. Throw some data out there to support your argument. Or is it more fun to join in and like posts calling people ignorant?

What is this balance you speak of in %? How close are we to the tipping point both in CO2 and Ocean acidification?
It has been explained in several of the same threads started by the OP and then supported by you and others. It, apparently, will never stop as long as the OP has access to YouTube.

Drastically limit atmospheric CO2 emissions...build the hell out nuclear power plants, CO2 scrubbers on all fossil fuels power plants, etc. that will buy us some time to phase out the ICE

Drastically limit atmospheric CO2 emissions...build the hell out nuclear power plants, CO2 scrubbers on all fossil fuels power plants, etc. that will buy us some time to phase out the ICE
It would have to be done on a global scale, right? How would we get all nations, such as those part of BRICS to go along? How would the 3rd world be able to afford the construction of power plants? and that's assuming you could somehow bring peace to worn torn areas of central Africa...

It would have to be done on a global scale, right? How would we get all nations, such as those part of BRICS to go along? How would the 3rd world be able to afford the construction of power plants? and that's assuming you could somehow bring peace to worn torn areas of central Africa...
Make believe world versus Reality. This is tough on those that follow the "Chicken Little" narrative.
You and I know that climate change is real...convincing others is going to be impossible.

So when do the 4 seasons no longer exist? Again, REAL Science is not decided by a vote. LOL

The science is clear that climate change is real. It's happening now because of human activity.

You are free to ignore the data.

The job of science is to inform, not convince.
Inform me of the % of natural CO2 versus the % of man made CO2 in the atmosphere and also the % of CO2 in the entire atmosphere of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT