ADVERTISEMENT

O'Connell Center = absolute DUMP of a facility

99nole

Contributor
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2002
For a school with all the money in the world and 2 national championships during the past decade, the University of Florida has an absolutely abysmal facility for basketball. I was at the game and whatever Dicky V. said about Jeremy Foley giving you all the resources is total hogwash (fitting for hogtown), you would have thought that Billy D. would have asked for an upgrade to a stand-alone basketball facility at some point during his long tenure rather than keeping with that 1960s-style multipurpose field house or whatever you want to call it. Give credit to Jimbo and Leonard Hamilton for upgrading our facilities over the years. I don't care what the typical pessimist on this board says about the Civic Center, the only "atmosphere" that craphole next to the Swamp creates is from fans and seating arrangements. If we have sustained success in basketball, I don't see why any recruit would want to play at the O'Connell Center or the outdated nearby facilities compared to what we have with the upgraded Civic Center.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News