ADVERTISEMENT

Official MLB Playoff Thread (Go Cubs)

In shock that my Mets have made it to the World Series. Was in Citifield two months ago and the thought never even crossed my mind.

Pitchers rested & ready to go Tuesday night for Game 1.

I feel bad for Cubs fans, that was two nights of misery. One day they will win it all.

I went to game the game on Saturday, it as a mad house. They sold thousands of standing room only tickets and I have never parked so far away from the stadium in my life. The look on Cubs fans coming out after that loss said it all. Lester and Arrieta lost and the y hadn't faced our ace yet.

GO METS!!!

They are looking good. Personally I don't see either KC or Toronto competing with them. The pitching is top notch. I am a little concerned about Murphy keeping up this torrid pace. I wish game one of the WS was tonight.

Pretty cool story.

Michael Conforto has been playing in World Series his whole life, basically
Call Michael Conforto "DJ Khaled" 'cause all he does is win. The Mets rookie outfielder has been winning his whole life, and now that the Mets have reached the 2015 World Series, he's going to try to do so on baseball's grandest stage.

With the Mets' Game 4 victory over the Cubs, Conforto finds himself on the precipice of becoming the third person in the history of the sport to make an appearance in the Little League World Series, the College World Series and the actual World Series.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/10/22/155267646/michael-conforto-played-in-llws-cws

GO METS!!!

They are looking good. Personally I don't see either KC or Toronto competing with them. The pitching is top notch. I am a little concerned about Murphy keeping up this torrid pace. I wish game one of the WS was tonight.

While the pitching is definitely a strength for the Mets, it's been shown that an ace can either change the outlook of the series (See MadBum) or be a general non-factor (See David Price). One thing the Royals have shown all year is a propensity for beating aces. Sale, Kluber, Price, Cueto (w/Reds), Archer, Keuchel, Greinke, F.Hernandez, and Arrieta were all starters in games the Royals won (I didn't look up whether they received a decision in the game). The pitchers the Royals had the hardest time with were soft tossing lefties (such as Matt Boyd of the Tigers). I was reading earlier that the Royals had a .284 regular season BA against fastballs 95+ and .300 if you include the postseason, which is right up the Mets' alley.

I'm looking forward to this series. Should be a lot of fun. #takethecrown

Game one of the World Series coincides with opening night of the NBA. How can MLB not see extending the season and starting the WS this late is a poor idea? Unless it's a great game, I'd bet it does not lead the sportscast tomorrow.

Game one of the World Series coincides with opening night of the NBA. How can MLB not see extending the season and starting the WS this late is a poor idea? Unless it's a great game, I'd bet it does not lead the sportscast tomorrow.

Baseball is not full of great minds. Don Quixote-mindset. Baseball continues on the path of irrelevance. They will make a lot of money on the trip, however.

Heard this morning that the last time the Royals won the World Series was in 1985 and the last time the Mets won the World Series was in 1986. Pretty cool stat.

Many times the NCAA championship game is on opening day of baseball.

Heard this morning that the last time the Royals won the World Series was in 1985 and the last time the Mets won the World Series was in 1986. Pretty cool stat.

Both won the series on this day, October 27.

Also, the Mets open the season in KC next year.

An inside the park home run isn't counted in the official stats as a HR, is it?

I'm tired this morning. Here's hoping for a 9 inning game tonight.

Congrats to the Royals fans on this board. So impressed with how hard they fought through the postseason. Hell of a team and a very deserving champion!

Mets fan here. Congrats to the Royals, definitely a good "team".

So disappointed in the Mets, particularly their offense. If you watched this series, the Mets could have easily won this series 4-1. Hopefully they will grow from this and learn how to finish like the Royals did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT