ADVERTISEMENT

Official MLB Playoff Thread (Go Cubs)

Didn't Bautista criticize David Ortiz earlier this year for admiring a HR?

Dispose of Dodgers last night & the Cubs are next in the NLCS. Last night's game was no fun, stomach was in knots similar to FSU-Auburn. Daniel Murphy is a tough Irishman!

As a Mets fan you have to enjoy the success b-c its been sparse over last 30 years.

Yankee fan here, but absolutely pulling for the Mets.

Love their pitching staff and young talent overall.

I will actually pull either way for the Cubs-Mets winner - I think Cubs fan's have waited long enough for a title.

GO METS!

http://jacksonville.com/sports/base.../story/jacksonville-native-daniel-murphy-goes

Nice to see a Fla boy carry the team to the NLCS. REALLY nice to feel the Yankee angst as their "inferiors" advance and do what they can't do this year. You know they're stewing.

Murphy's steal of third.....on a walk! Was a great heads up play and inexcusable for the brooklyn team.
rhurner : I am sure there are plenty of Yankee fans rooting against the Mets - I will not.

That "steal" of third was good heads up baseball.

Yankee fan here, but absolutely pulling for the Mets.

Love their pitching staff and young talent overall.

I will actually pull either way for the Cubs-Mets winner - I think Cubs fan's have waited long enough for a title.

GO METS!
Then I give you credit for giving credit where due and being a good baseball fan. I've just run into too many arrogant yankee fans in the past and it's always nice when self described "royalty" gets knocked down a peg. Not saying that Yankees don't have some great fans overall and that their overall history isn't great. It's just the entitled that bother me. ND comes to mind. I detest arrogance. The saying "Born on third base and acting like you hit a triple" comes to mind.

Adios, Donnie Baseball. No manager has done less, with more. Awesome blow-up in the 5th inning there. Ya, I think Ethier knows he's supposed to move the runner over.

Then the bats just went cold.

Adios, Donnie Baseball. No manager has done less, with more. Awesome blow-up in the 5th inning there. Ya, I think Ethier knows he's supposed to move the runner over.

Then the bats just went cold.
That was quite insulting for Mattingly to pile on Ethier in that situation. The guy's a tenured big leaguer. Certainly did nothing for team chemistry . Not sure if he'll get canned though.

Congrats on the win last night. Hell of an effort by Cueto and that lineup did a great job at working the count and getting clutch hits when it mattered. Good luck against Toronto.
That was an incredible job. Amazing to think he was that close to a perfect game. I just about jumped through the ceiling fan when Morales hit the bomb. Looking forward to tonight's game. Upset that the game Saturday starts 30 minutes after the KState game starts. Gonna have the radio on, since the AD says he won't play the game on the video board.

1985 ALCS--- Jays vs Royals
Here we are again after 30 years. Go Royals.

The Mets vs Cubs bring back memories of '69 ;-). That should be a good series... Go Cubs.

Did see or read anything on it... but I had assumed Maddon would go for Arrieta in games 1, 4, 7... any official statement on this?

Busy ass week that didn't allow for much sports news reading.

Not a fun first 2 games. Still also hate that we won more games than the Mets, but they get home field. Should re-evaluate after each series. Cubs gotta take next 3. Maddon won't do it, but almost have to throw Lester game 4 and Jake game 5.
To the guy above, I too was shocked he did not go with Jake in game 1, but wonder if he was looking a head a little too much thinking he could set up Jake in 1-4-7 in WS. Might cost them.

Not a fun first 2 games. Still also hate that we won more games than the Mets, but they get home field. Should re-evaluate after each series. Cubs gotta take next 3. Maddon won't do it, but almost have to throw Lester game 4 and Jake game 5.
To the guy above, I too was shocked he did not go with Jake in game 1, but wonder if he was looking a head a little too much thinking he could set up Jake in 1-4-7 in WS. Might cost them.

These 2 games have sucked and taken the wind out me some. Our bats died out some and Jake looked human again... and Murphy looks the second coming of Mr. October.

Hopefully the Friendly Confines and atmosphere will get the mojo going again. All 3 would be fantastic but I'd settle for at least the 2 to stay alive.

Well, the Cubs have that sort of team chemistry this year that I would not even count them out if they were down 3-0. Their youth wilted a bit at the plate these first two games for sure though. Mets just had that magic too.

Historic! Enjoying his run now because there is very little chance he wil be a Met next year.

They could have played these games on Mars and the Cubs wouldn't have won one. Completely overmatched and Daniel Murphy on a historic run the likes no one has ever seen.
Cubs will be good for a while, see a nice potential playoff rivalry between these two teams.
On to the World Series, lets go Mets!!!!!

He was one of the few who hit for them in this series though.

He did, but I think it was more for the ALCS than the WS. The Yankees lost that series in 7.
Jeets hit a walk off off of Byung Hyun Kim just after midnight on Halloween I believe making it Nov 1st. Dbacks won Game 7 the next day or two days later. That was 2001.

In shock that my Mets have made it to the World Series. Was in Citifield two months ago and the thought never even crossed my mind.

Pitchers rested & ready to go Tuesday night for Game 1.

I feel bad for Cubs fans, that was two nights of misery. One day they will win it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT