ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, things I have learned over the past couple of weeks

DukeNole06

Seminole Insider
Feb 2, 2006
We paid in the neighborhood of 18 millions dollars to buy out a sub .500 coach.

We hired a search firm to oversee the process of identifying candidates and interviewing them.

That firm hates, Hates, HATES leaks. They really hate leaks. Did I mention that they HATE leaks?

Their process dictates that anyone whose name is leaked as a candidate is thereby identified as no longer a candidate. Again because they hate leaks.

Coburn ID'd Stoops as a candidate and immediately the Stoops camp said he wasn't one. This is how the search firm operates. They hate leaks.

A couple of days ago, word leaked that Stoops was the guy. Pres flew out, contract signed. But, then the next day, it wasn't. Stoops was then removed from consideration. Maybe this is misdirection. Maybe it's true. But it demonstrates consistency with the hatred that this search firm has for leaks. They hate them.

So, we've established that they hate leaks. They're also getting quite serious about shutting them down. Maybe, just maybe, the information that's coming out isn't actually what's happening behind the scenes. Because they hate leaks.

The usual lines of communication aren't working for our insiders and I'd imagine for our media as well. I really think we may be completely surprised by the direction that this search goes. But I really think that the things that Dot is posting are not what the search firm is actually doing. Because they hate leaks. I don't trust anyone in this anymore. I honestly don't even trust what Dot is saying. There are no sources. It's just a wait and see. I don't like it. But that's where we are.

That's what I've learned over the last couple of weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News