ADVERTISEMENT

On Friday Oct 18th, 2019 at 0605, a life long Seminole took her last breath

FSU_JT

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2008
Hollywood, CA
My mother, Donna M. Fletcher, raised me to bleed Garnet and Gold. She graduated from the Florida State University School of Nursing in 1978, and was a devoted Booster, Alumnus, and Mega Fan until she took her last breath. Unfortunately, over the last 3 1/2 years she has been in a hard fought battle with cancer and was taken from us all far to soon at the young age of 65. The last game she was able to attend since we have been living in Los Angeles CA, was the 2014/15 Rose Bowl vs Oregon. She continued to cheer for and represent the Noles even though she couldn’t get back home to be with them in person.

For those of you who got to spend time with her over the years at booster events and games, you know words can not express how amazing she was. My mother was the most incredible, loving and compassionate woman who would make anyone and everyone feel like they were her family. In 2009, she helped arrange a tailgate at BYU across from the stadium, and in 2010, we collectively pushed for all Noles traveling to Norman to wear Gold so we could stand out amongst the Oklahoma fans.

She instilled such a passion and love for the Florida State University, its athletics and its academics in me since the day I was born, and I will forever proudly carry her with me, cheering even louder than ever while always supporting her and our beloved Noles! In her honor, please raise a glass to this forever Nole this coming weekend before we take on Syracuse for homecoming, as I know she will be at Doak Campbell Stadium willing the team to victory!

As my mother would always end any FSU message herself... Go Noles!

ns3yIWw_d.jpg

Z5UMo7t_d.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News