ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gif’s

200w.gif
You still have to paste it in the image url. The portrait next to the the smileys. Should be good to go.
giphy.gif

Got it working but quite a tedious process.
Rivals needs to step up their game when it comes to the gamut of emojis and embedding gifs.

Reactions: amckinnon317
Daughter got one last year and wife this year and both like it too. I'm still chugging along on my Samsung S5 in an attempt to win the oldest phone award.

It's all good. I was right there with you. I have an S7 and I only have that because my S6 broke and the replacement phones kept breaking so they just sent me a new S7.

It's all good. I was right there with you. I have an S7 and I only have that because my S6 broke and the replacement phones kept breaking so they just sent me a new S7.
I've got an iphone 6s, which is about a year newer than the s5. This damn thing is a tank. Keeps hulking along and unfortunately for the gadget-fan in me, looks like could last another 2 years.

I've got an iphone 6s, which is about a year newer than the s5. This damn thing is a tank. Keeps hulking along and unfortunately for the gadget-fan in me, looks like could last another 2 years.

I have a Galaxy S7 and an iphone 7 plus. The S7 is buggy and freezes up like crazy now although it was pretty good when I first got it. Maybe 1 out of every 5 calls I get, it won't even load the phone interface to allow me to answer the call before it goes to voicemail. All of my android phones got this way after an OS update or two. The iphone is silky smooth.

If I factory reset the S7 it will got back to being smooth but it gets noticeably worse after an android update.

I have a Galaxy S7 and an iphone 7 plus. The S7 is buggy and freezes up like crazy now although it was pretty good when I first got it. Maybe 1 out of every 5 calls I get, it won't even load the phone interface to allow me to answer the call before it goes to voicemail. All of my android phones got this way after an OS update or two. The iphone is silky smooth.

If I factory reset the S7 it will got back to being smooth but it gets noticeably worse after an android update.
I've always had a no OS update policy after phones have been on the market for 18 months.

This 6s is the first time (android and iphones included) that I've ignored it (after significant research). iOS 11 slowed me down a bit but iOS 12 has this thing blazing fast yet again. Between a new battery (apple was offering replacements for $30 due to an issue) and the new iOS I've got a phone that feels brand new.

I've always had a no OS update policy after phones have been on the market for 18 months.

This 6s is the first time (android and iphones included) that I've ignored it (after significant research). iOS 11 slowed me down a bit but iOS 12 has this thing blazing fast yet again. Between a new battery (apple was offering replacements for $30 due to an issue) and the new iOS I've got a phone that feels brand new.

I've never had any issues with an ios update and my iphones always have the latest ios version. I've owned a Motorola Droid, Droid Razr Maxx, iPhone 6, Galaxy S7, and iPhone 7 plus. All of the androids showed the same behavior where they are decently smooth when I first get them and slow down over time. They are also sensitive to background processes running due to the android OS design where every process has equal priority vs ios giving top priority to the UI. I suspect when the android phone UI doesn't load that there is a background service sucking up CPU at that moment.

At this point the only reason I'd switch to android is the camera/price mix. The pixel 3 has a fantastic camera and is significantly less than the iphone Xs. Galaxy s9 has a great camera as well.

Daughter got one last year and wife this year and both like it too. I'm still chugging along on my Samsung S5 in an attempt to win the oldest phone award.
In the spirit of old phones, my Pixel is the first model, they are on #3.

Reactions: SoddyNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT