ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup The Presidents Cup 2024

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
RM26.jpg

The Presidents Cup returns to Canada and The Royal Montreal Golf Club with a hungry International Team, led by Canadian and International Team Captain Mike Weir, looking to defeat an American side full of the PGA TOUR’s best, including FedExCup champion Scottie Scheffler.
This marks the 15th playing of the Presidents Cup, which returns to Royal Montreal for the first time since 2007 when the U.S. Team beat the Internationals 19.5-14.5.
Here’s everything you need to know about this year’s competition.

U.S. Team:
  • Automatic qualifiers: Scottie Scheffler (second Presidents Cup), Xander Schauffele (third), Collin Morikawa (second), Wyndham Clark (first), Patrick Cantlay (third), Sahith Theegala (first).
  • Captain's picks: Sam Burns (second), Tony Finau (third), Russell Henley (first), Keegan Bradley (second), Brian Harman (first), Max Homa (second)
  • Captain: Jim Furyk
International Team:
  • Automatic qualifiers: Hideki Matsuyama (sixth Presidents Cup), Sungjae Im (third), Adam Scott (11th), Tom Kim (second), Jason Day (fifth), Byeong Hun An (second)
  • Captain's picks: Corey Conners (second), Min Woo Lee (first), Christiaan Bezuidenhout (second), Taylor Pendrith (second), Si Woo Kim (third), Mackenzie Hughes (first)
  • Captain: Mike Weir
Course: The Royal Montreal Golf Club, par 70, 7,279 yards (yardage subject to change). The club, on Île Bizard about 35 minutes from downtown Montreal, lays claim as being the oldest club in North America. Founded in 1873, the course – which has moved locations twice – has been home to the RBC Canadian Open 10 times, most recently in 2014. Royal Montreal was renovated by Rees Jones in 2004 (a robust effort that included redesigning 17 greens and rebuilding 70 bunkers) and then again leading into this year’s Presidents Cup by PGA TOUR design services. That team lengthened it by about 300 yards and reworked a few bunkers. The front nine has a classic parkland feel while the back nine boasts water hazards on six holes including the final five in a row.
Presidents Cup record:
YearCourseWinnerScore
2022Quail Hollow ClubU.S.17.5-12.5
2019Royal Melbourne GCU.S.16-14
2017Liberty National GCU.S.19-11
2015Jack Nicklaus GC - KoreaU.S.15.5-14.5
2013Muirfield VillageU.S.18.5-15.5
2011Royal Melbourne GCU.S.19-15
2009Harding Park GCU.S.19.5-14.5
2007Royal Montreal GCU.S.19.5-14.5
2005Robert Trent Jones GCU.S.18.5-15.5
2003Fancourt Hotel and CCTIE17-17
2000Robert Trent Jones GCU.S.21.5-10.5
1998Royal Melbourne GCInternational20.5-11.5
1996Robert Trent Jones GCU.S.16.5-15.5
1994Robert Trent Jones GCU.S.20-12
Storylines: The Presidents Cup features four days of competition with five matches on both Thursday and Friday, eight matches on Saturday (morning and afternoon), and 12 singles matches on Sunday … The United States Team is looking to win the Presidents Cup for the 10th time in a row … World No. 1 Scheffler returns to action after capturing the TOUR Championship and winning the FedExCup for the first time … Matsuyama, a two-time winner this season, is the International side’s top-ranked player … Canadian Team Captain Weir picked three countrymen to represent the International Team at Royal Montreal: Conners, Pendrith and first-timer Hughes. Pendrith was the lone Canadian to make it to the TOUR Championship after his maiden victory earlier in the year. Weir defeated Tiger Woods in 2007 in Sunday singles the last time the Presidents Cup was at Royal Montreal ... Bradley was picked by Team Captain Furyk to play on the team and will no longer be one of Furyk’s captain's assistants (he was replaced by Brandt Snedeker) … Day returns to the Presidents Cup for the first time in 2017. He was a captain’s pick for the International Team in 2019 when it was in Australia but withdrew due to injury … Scott, making his 11th Presidents Cup start, has played 49 matches in his Presidents Cup career … Homa was a sparkplug for the U.S. Team in 2022 going 4-0-0. He is the only player on either side who has played in at least one Presidents Cup who has not suffered a loss … There are six Presidents Cup rookies this year (four on Team USA and two on the International side) … Medinah Country Club near Chicago will host the Presidents Cup in 2026 while Kingston Heath Golf Club in Australia will host in 2028 … Justin Trudeau, who has been Canada’s 23rd Prime Minister since 2015, has accepted an invitation to be the Honorary Chairman.
Last time: The U.S. won 17.5-12.5 at long-time PGA TOUR stop Quail Hollow Club in North Carolina. The Americans started hot, going 4-1 on the first day, and never looked back. They went 4-1 again on Friday’s second day before the International side staged a bit of a comeback Saturday, going 5-3 across the eight matches. Schauffele beat Conners 1-up in Singles to clinch it. Homa was the biggest point-getter on either side, going 4-0-0. Im and Sebastian Muñoz were

The top performers for the Internationals with 2.5 points each.

How to follow (all times ET)​

Television:
  • Thursday: 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m. (Golf Channel/NBC Sports App)
  • Friday: 1-6 p.m. (Golf Channel/NBC Sports App)
  • Saturday: 7-8 a.m. (Golf Channel/NBC Sports App), 8 a.m.-6 p.m. (NBC/Peacock)
  • Sunday: noon-6 p.m. (NBC/Peacock)
Radio on SiriusXM and free at PGATOUR.com/liveaudio:
  • Thursday: noon-6 p.m.
  • Friday: 1-6 p.m.
  • Saturday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
  • Sunday: noon-6 p.m.

Welcome to the 2024 Presidents Cup

We are back, it is time for the Presidents Cup. @NoleLizards had the idea back in 2021, and we are running it again in 2024
The 2024 Presidents Cup event will kick off the 2025 season.

How it will work this week
You pick four individual players; players can represent either side.
Your score will be determined by the player's points achieved during the event.
Four picks
Player A 5-0
Player B 1-4 ( win during singles)
Player C 0-1-4 ( 4 paired event halves, lost singles)
Player D 2-2 ( 2 paired event wins)

Your total with these four players would be
5 + 1 + 2 + 2 total 10 points

The player with the highest point total wins the event and will receive 500 points to start 2024.
The points will be distributed the same as a regular tour event so the remaining players will be scored. as follows.

This looks very cool; problem is, all these guys are so good, it'll be hard to pick. However, I'm ready to pick, but...there's a story to all this:

A couple of months ago, on an especially windy day, my doorbell rang, and when I went to open it, there was no one there. I assumed the neighborhood kids and their "Ding Dong Ditch" had struck, and I went on about my business. But, about 10 minutes, it rang again, and when I opened the door, STILL no one there, and I couldn't see evidence of anyone out there, so WTF, I moved on. Until, about 10 minutes later it happened again, so I ran out the back door and around the house to catch the rascals. But there was nothing more than a small tree limb the wind had blown down. I was puzzled, but as I started to walk inside, I heard a faint voice whisper, "Master."

I jerked my head around and saw nothing, but again heard a voice whisper, "Master". I kept looking, and I heard the voice say, "Master. I'm down here." The only thing "down here" was that tree limb, and suddenly it all flashed on me.

I looked down, and the limb had eyes that looked up to me sadly, and the voice said, "Master". And damned if it wasn't that old Deceitful, Discordant, Dancing Divining Rod.

Now, you newer members of the pack here don't know this, but the long timers will remember when I was tearing it up on here using the Rod's predictions. But, alas, he fell in love with another branch, and abandoned me and eloped.

Well, I took him back out on the lanai, and asked him how he'd tracked me all the way from Dacula, GA to Cape Coral, FL. Seems that divining rods have a sort of "Shining" ability that helps them track people. He said it took awhile, but there he was. I asked how things were, and he said, "Awful. The love of my life ran off with your old All Knowing, All Omniscient Ouija board. I looked around the world for her without any luck, and then discovered her in the hand of an old gypsy who had married an Indian fakir. Both said they knew you, if you can imagine that. But at the point, I knew I'd made a horrible mistake and had to find you to somehow make amends."

Well, long story short, how could I say no; he seems so pathetically sad, but says he still has the gift. So, I'm giving him a sort of audition to see if he has any juice, and he has picked:

Scottie Scheffler
Xander Schauffele
Colin Morikama
Patrick Cantlay

I gotta admit, that is a tasty foursome. We shall see.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT