ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup The Ryder Cup 2023

Game on tomorrow , maybe Tiger got word to Joe and told him to rattle Rory lol

Rory is fired up

Reactions: cmanole
The Ryder Cup over the last few decades has gone a long ways to eliminate the idea that golf is a game of gentlemen. The crowds are so jingoistic, and now players whine, piss and moan about every little thing. For me, it takes away from the competition.

Reactions: NoleinATL
The Ryder Cup over the last few decades has gone a long ways to eliminate the idea that golf is a game of gentlemen. The crowds are so jingoistic, and now players whine, piss and moan about every little thing. For me, it takes away from the competition.
I agree. I was really disillusioned last year after the whole LIV money grab. Now I’m just plain disinterested due to the constant drama. Golf has become another microcosm of our society in general and it’s tough to watch. Just as soon as something happens, there is a million people on Twitter bitching about it. Pro LIV, anti LIV. Pro Thomas, anti Thomas. Etc.

Not sure if y’all caught it or not but Rory was asked about Sergio and Poulter not being there and he said he didn’t think they’d be missed and ‘Europe’ was just fine with it. Today he said something about the fresh blood on the team and that was that. Try saying those things on team USA and you get lamb lasted about it.

Reactions: NoleinATL
apologies for the late post, had my own Planes, Trains and Automobiles travel nightmare ALL DAY yesterday

The winning player swept all four singles matches to capture the cup and get 500 bonus points to start the 2024 PGSF FedEx Cup

Congratulations to this year's Ryder Cup Champ, @SeaPA

2023-ryder-cup-champ.png

Ugly. Current form has to be a consideration on these picks, no way I would have left Glover home.

Agree. Also Clarke and Harmon get auto ins for winning the US and British Opens? Cuz I can see because he’s played really good for a long time but it was obvious Clark was not ready. Maybe that needs to be looked at?

On the other hand tho, you got the kid for Euro who never played in a major and played really good. So who’s to say. Was having him play with Rahm this difference? And where are our stalwarts (DJ/Chambo), at home because they joined the LIV Tour? Before the thing I would have said that was the right play but after the fact it is easy to see and say that it wasn’t.

My analysis is that Johnson is the (e)scape goat here. He picked from the good ol boys network - none of which were in (very) good form save Keopka - then doubled down when they weren’t producing in an effort to make himself look good. This was a travesty. If I was in the loop that would be his last association with all things Ryder Cup.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Congrats Sea. As much as I like Speith, he ha no business playing in the Cup matches at this course because of the rough. Thomas, too. Neither can find a fairway when they have too. Morikawa can’t putt, and Burns had cooled off the last half of the season, as has Ricky since his win. That’s five picks that didn’t work. The Euros were all coming off good showings at the BMW, while most of the Americans hadn’t played a tournament in 4-5 weeks. Would they take off that long before a major? Never. That said, the Euros were better. Hovland is the best player in the world. Rory & Rahm are next, and Fleetwood is not far behind. Aberg is the next big thing. Pretty tough to beat no matter who the Americans lined up.

Congrats Sea. As much as I like Speith, he ha no business playing in the Cup matches at this course because of the rough. Thomas, too. Neither can find a fairway when they have too. Morikawa can’t putt, and Burns had cooled off the last half of the season, as has Ricky since his win. That’s five picks that didn’t work. The Euros were all coming off good showings at the BMW, while most of the Americans hadn’t played a tournament in 4-5 weeks. Would they take off that long before a major? Never. That said, the Euros were better. Hovland is the best player in the world. Rory & Rahm are next, and Fleetwood is not far behind. Aberg is the next big thing. Pretty tough to beat no matter who the Americans lined up.
Spot on

I read an article somewhere (can't find it anymore), but the prediction is already that the US will blow out Europe in the next Ryder Cup. The sole reason is that it is hosted here on American soil. Essentially the theory behind the article is that the current format is broken, and the home team is going have a huge advantage moving forward.

I need to try and remember this philosophy in 2 years and load up on Americans.

I read an article somewhere (can't find it anymore), but the prediction is already that the US will blow out Europe in the next Ryder Cup. The sole reason is that it is hosted here on American soil. Essentially the theory behind the article is that the current format is broken, and the home team is going have a huge advantage moving forward.

Well, with modern advanced analytics the home side can easily have the course set up to favor its own players while disadvantaging the opponent's.
Unless a neutral authority is put into place in order to prevent this from happening, it will continue.

Pile it high with American cheese, ground beef and spinning wedges. I will not pick any Euro-weenies again...ever! I am a grumpy old man heading into the winter of discontent of golf right now. I feel like I have been pummeled repeatedly on the fullback middle dive by Jack Lambert and beaten by Franco's immaculate catch and run. Good-bye until sometime after the winter solstice.

This is very good., not hard to believe Rose would be a good teammate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT