ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 10 The Players Championship

And I am starting off with a bang as Matsuyama has WD.
I feel your pain as I JUST found out! Never pays to do housework with the wife instead of watching for updates on player movements...:mad: Had a Realtor here this morning and wasn't able to check. What does that say about my priorities...? Once again, gotta go with three...

Based on the radar & the forecast, they quite possibly won't get back on the course today; there's about 50 guys who haven't completed round 1 yet. Still a good bit of rain in the forecast overnight & into tomorrow morning.

On the bright side, I won't have to worry about 2 or three of my guys missing the cut this afternoon. It's unusual for me to have four guys playing on Saturday. I'll take it, even if three of them are just finishing up round 1.

This weather is going to hurt players who got finished yesterday, they may not play again until Sunday ...this will be interesting what the tour decides to do if the weather stays terrible.

And early warning, I would wait as late as possible for picks next week, we will probably have multiple WD's

"TPC Sawgrass has received nearly 3 inches of rainfall in the previous 48 hours", (Chief Referee Gary) Young said Friday afternoon. The numerous delays mean THE PLAYERS will have a Monday finish for the first time since 2005.

“We are into a Monday finish,” Young said. “We know that.”

Ugh - Monday, Monday (bah-da-bah-da-da-da); no good to me.

Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes this game leads me to quit
Nothin' in the way of picks ever seems to fit;
Shots to the pin won't hang around
Putting really makes me frown
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...

(sung by the girl I had a crush on when I was 6 years old or maybe older)...

Hey, its Friday night and I am bored-stiffer than a carpenter bee in to a 4 x 4.

Love it. Kisner was crying like a baby. He’s such a snowflake.

Damn...Shades of Rory on the 10th at Augusta (in 2011). Totally unforced error.

Looks like he'll get away with it though.

Last edited:
That was a good day of golf, Smith was incredibly strong on the greens and hung on after a bone headed mistake on 18.

In the PGSF, not a great week because so many big time players missed the cut.
Somehow the dart hit the right golfer and yours truly was the only person to pick Smith.

Players-2022-Champ.png

Will post updated leader board shortly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT