ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 12 The World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play

WTF was that all about? Was he doing that to try to bother his opponent? Would be more effective if he made the putt after jerking around for all that time.

I read through one thread, people were saying it is a new putting technique, Aimpoint, but people were saying he wasn't doing it right

Aimpoint

Anyone going to the spring game? Up for a match of our own beforehand?

Reactions: NoleinATL
Anyone going to the spring game? Up for a match of our own beforehand?
I wish I am traveling for work every damn week in April.

Ancer hit the shot of his life on 16 to likely put my #1 pick ( Harman) out of the running

Reactions: cmanole
How do they break a three-way tie in a group?

How's everyone stand? I'm treading water, but have a cruise ship anchor chained to me:

Can't-Play is out.
Scheffler's alive, must win tomorrow. If he does, could move on for sure, could end in a 3-way tie, depending on outcome of other match.
JT on the ropes; needs Kisner to either win or tie this afternoon to have any chance tomorrow.
DJ is 2-0, moves on with a win or a tie, and possibly with a loss tomorrow depending on other outcomes.

Probably should've gone with the "pick all four from one group" thought.

Ok, found the tiebreaker setup. Two-way tie is whoever won head to head. Three-way tie in this format can't be broken, so goes to a sudden death playoff between the three.

Back to back 2-1-1 days sounds like I'm doing ok, but within the framework of how this tournament is played, not sure if it's all that good or not for our scores.

Wish JT had learned from Niemann's mistake and not done the same toward Kisner....

Zip it you, look what you already did to Gooch, gets an L in 2nd match and just yacked all over a 4 footer for birdie to go dormie on Bryson..To make it worse some guy named Dick Bland is probably going to win the group no matter what happens to Gooch....damn it

Zip it you, look what you already did to Gooch, gets an L in 2nd match and just yacked all over a 4 footer for birdie to go dormie on Bryson..To make it worse some guy named Dick Bland is probably going to win the group no matter what happens to Gooch....damn it
Relax. Gooch won.

Ok, found the tiebreaker setup. Two-way tie is whoever won head to head. Three-way tie in this format can't be broken, so goes to a sudden death playoff between the three.

So apparently what I read is not correct regarding a two-way tie; Scheffler trounced Fitzpatrick today, 5&4; they both finished 2-1, the other two guys in the group both finished 1-2. But Scheffler & Fitz are in a playoff now to see who advances.
That seems strange, and unlike most sporting events where, in a tiebreaker, how you did head to head is the first tiebreaker. It almost seems like a soccer rule.

Relax. Gooch won.
Yes he did, but Bland back to back days with clutch putts wins the group
13 footer against Gooch on 18 to win
32 footer vs Westwood to close him out on 17

heck of a couple of days for that guy

Reactions: cmanole
Yes he did, but Bland back to back days with clutch putts wins the group
13 footer against Gooch on 18 to win
32 footer vs Westwood to close him out on 17

heck of a couple of days for that guy
At least you picked Kisner by yourself, I think. I'm one of several who picked Scheffler (my only guy left for tomorrow).

0-4 (yeah, yeah, Schaueffle is still on the course, but things look bleak...4 DN thru 14). I feel like I just faced Bob Gibson, Don Drysdale, Dwight Gooden and Mariano Rivera in the 9th. Ugh...well, now I can do projects around the house all weekend...:confused:

Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Nolerville—my four picks got booted out.

(how much longer 'til the Masters...?)

So, today I went 3-1, giving me 7 wins, 3 losses and 2 ties. Sounds good, but someone tell me, Is it?

Yes, they do help, guys eliminated today points are distributed in tiers of wins, so Paul Casey at 0-3 gets 5.213 while Maverick McNealey was 2-0-1 gets 55.
The fact you got two players on opposite sides of the bracket puts you in a pretty good spot, but there are 4 players who have 3 in the round of 16 so should be a good weekend of golf in the PGSF

Yes, they do help, guys eliminated today points are distributed in tiers of wins, so Paul Casey at 0-3 gets 5.213 while Maverick McNealey was 2-0-1 gets 55.
The fact you got two players on opposite sides of the bracket puts you in a pretty good spot, but there are 4 players who have 3 in the round of 16 so should be a good weekend of golf in the PGSF
Dang...Who are the four with three in the round of 16?? That's some great picking!

Can't wait to see you your picks for Augusta...You must have some humdingers lined up!
I got Spieth (of course, duh). And then nothing...yet. It's just the azaleas in our backyard are showing out and it makes me dream of shots of Magnolia Lane and that poetically soft keyboard Masters theme. I am so boring.

Scottie Scheffler, and those of us who picked him, should certainly be awarded bonus points as a gratuity for eliminating the pos goiter.
So I had to get out a French-English dictionary to look up 'pos goiter'. No, I almost did. Then I realized it was - piece of something stinky & Brown (or blue and orange). Anyway I wasn't the brightest bulb in language arts...

And extra points to those who picked Scottie S. Why not. Heck, I'm not getting any points. Might as well let 'em flow like an open tap on $0.50 draft night.

So I had to get out a French-English dictionary to look up 'pos goiter'. No, I almost did. Then I realized it was - piece of something stinky & Brown (or blue and orange). Anyway I wasn't the brightest bulb in language arts...

And extra points to those who picked Scottie S. Why not. Heck, I'm not getting any points. Might as well let 'em flow like an open tap on $0.50 draft night.
I'd love to meet you if you're buying!

What the heck was Sheffler thinking on that shot?!?!?!

Up by four holes, Dustin's already laid up on the hole, and sheffler pulls out a driver that he properly puts in the drink??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT