ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 13 The Valero Texas Open

Based on the fact there were no gift baskets of scotch delivered to the league office today, I am afraid the league office will have to uphold the league's only rule of all picks in before the first tee.

Sorry @FSUdawg
I'm confused. Wasn't first tee today @ 7:30am in Texas? If so, I believe my pick was timed @ 8:16am Eastern, so about 14 minutes ahead of the first tee.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

It is dusty as heck in my office

@Nolerball , you probably shouldn't watch this, we don't need you falling in love with the guy more than you already are

Sorry, NiA - I watched it earlier today and, dang if the pollen didn't descend upon my house and burn up my eyes...very cool story...:cool:...

He left his putter somewhere (and maybe other parts of his game)...has to be it...:oops:
A lot of us picked him this week as well, so that can't help!
I'm confused. Wasn't first tee today @ 7:30am in Texas? If so, I believe my pick was timed @ 8:16am Eastern, so about 14 minutes ahead of the first tee.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
@NoleinATL I think Dawg has a point.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Damn, that might be the league office assistant's fault, as the post was read as being at 8:16 am CST because I am in the wonderful state of Mississippi today which is of course central time. My assistant probably assumed Warchant updated like my phone

Ok--
I have verified my former assistant's error, as @DFSNOLE tweeted his change at 4:48 am but the post shows up as 5:51 am..
You are good to go @FSUdawg, the pick has been updated and that failure of an assistant has been fired.

Damn, that might be the league office assistant's fault, as the post was read as being at 8:16 am CST because I am in the wonderful state of Mississippi today which is of course central time. My assistant probably assumed Warchant updated like my phone

Ok--
I have verified my former assistant's error, as @DFSNOLE tweeted his change at 4:48 am but the post shows up as 5:51 am..
You are good to go @FSUdawg, the pick has been updated and that failure of an assistant has been fired.
I fully expect @Nolerball to post the lyrics to ZZ Top's "My Head's in Mississippi" any time now....

we have a Lucas Glover sighting -5 mon the day

Hoffma's game must be really off to go +2 at this track with his past results

Bryson out of the gate with a triple on 1 , he has some work to do to make the cut

Ignoring the law of gravity, Rory has managed to fall off of the earth. Barring an unlikely late rally today, he can head to Augusta to play some practice rounds with Matsuyama.

Good thing for the sports books that they aren't limited to golf. They would have gone out of business.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Not Valero related except I just switched to the golf Channel to see if it was on yet, and they're showing Lexi in a little sundress hitting balls off the practice tee..

YOWZA!! 😳

I was joking earlier about whoever this Scott Gutschewski alternate is. He fired a 68 today and sits at -6. Should have picked him my damn self.

• Haha
Now I know why TGW forced his way out the door...events like this are tough to pick. But I'll try:

Abraham Ancer
Zach Johnson
Ryan Palmer
Sam Ryder

Why am I ignoring Spieth here? Great question. I dunno.
Looking great with Palmer. There's a reason you're in first place.

Looking great with Palmer. There's a reason you're in first place.

I think the reason, might be in question.

What if I told you the league office got a very strange call from someone who would only identify themself as Mr. Rod Divining. Rod said he could show us the way to corruption and cheating at levels we have never seen or imagined concerning @seminoleed. The league office dismissed Mr. Rod Divining as a kook and went about our day.

Considering the season's results leading up to the Masters, is this something that needs to be investigated?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bill From Tampa
[IMG alt="fsukenny"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/floridastate/data/avatars/m/3/3096.jpg?1452017849[/IMG]

fsukenny

Ultimate Seminole Insider​

Gold Member
4 minutes agoNew
Nice 2 days Rory ! I mean Thursday was the perfect Rory round. 6 birdies, 6 bogeys and 6 pars.
and thats Rory in a nutshell. He is Uber talented and yet a mental basket case. I can barely get myself to watch him.
It’s like watching FSU football. You love them but it’s painful to watch.

Reactions:You
I don't "love" him as I do Nole sports, but Rory was the one guy with the "IT" factor who I at one time honestly felt could be the next Tiger.
(Guess that just further underscores the greatness of the latter.... Don't know if anyone will ever come along again who approaches the combination of talent, work ethic, and mental fortitude that TW has exhibited.)

I think the reason, might be in question.

What if I told you the league office got a very strange call from someone who would only identify themself as Mr. Rod Divining. Rod said he could show us the way to corruption and cheating at levels we have never seen or imagined concerning @seminoleed. The league office dismissed Mr. Rod Divining as a kook and went about our day.

Considering the season's results leading up to the Masters, is this something that needs to be investigated?
Was this call fielded by your now former assistant? If so, I wouldn't put much thought into it, lol.

• Haha
Kuchar , Stallings, Howelllllll, Fritelli.

I assume you did get the Extension of time to make my picks that I filed early Thursday morning, right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
To all who chose Spieth this weekend, I was about to put out a disclaimer and HUGE apology, as he yipped his way to +5 on the front nine. Then I stopped and realized that it wasn't Jordan, but an evil clone sent to ruin the PGSF this week and deflect away from anyone considering him for next week.

I told Ed it would produce few (if any points this week)...still I was blinded by the light...

Still Jordan is nowhere near the top of the leaderboard. When I was watching today he was on for a total of one shot of TV time.
...And that was when he was teeing off on the driving distance measuring hole.

Is it just me, or does it look like we're headed for low totals for us across the board this week??

Still Jordan is nowhere near the top of the leaderboard. When I was watching today he was on for a total of one shot of TV time.
Yeah, Bill, get this - he was supposed to be in a 'Featured Group' that ESPN+ does for early today. He was pictured in it with another from the group (who it was, I couldn't tell). Anyway, so I had a ton of work around the house to do and thought I would tape it and watch tonight, trying not to look at updates throughout the day or for their round. And lo and behold, ESPN+ made the (wise) decision NOT to show them. Wise maybe because Spieth stunk it up! 3 bogies and a double through the first 8 holes - his putter simply wouldn't cooperate.

But I kept clicking on the channel and saw the promo for them, but ESPN+ said: "your event has ended". It was to come on around 9 something this morning and I turned it on about 10:20 am. Nope, nothing just "your event has ended". Maybe ESPN+ did us all a favor but NOT showing it. And I even forgot to turn off the recording so I had ESPN+ streaming and looping their "your event has ended" screen and all their ESPN+ promos. I couldn't delete that recording fast enough.

But I checked the pga-tour website leaderboard to see he was back to E at the end (+2 for the day). But it was like a premonition from ESPN+ that he would not-play-well and they nipped it in the bud. It was like they had an old gypsy fortune-teller-caster on or something...like the one who tried to bend Ed's ear on picks a while back? They had to have some kind of 'in' to know to drop Spieth...not the Longhorn's finest day. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Bill From Tampa

Is it just me, or does it look like we're headed for low totals for us across the board this week??
I think you're right. But then, I brought up the bottom of the stack last week, so no real change for me to hang in the cellar. Just like the Lions, I guess. Or the Canadiens and Lakers and Mets.

For me and Mrs BFT, we'll be surprised if we get 50 points. The top players really crapped out this week. And then you have a player who missed 6 straight cuts before this week only now to be on the first page of the leader board. Very upside down week.

ADVERTISEMENT