ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 14 The Masters (final chance to sign up iif you would like to join )

The first tee was at 8 EST.
Weir and Na in a twosome, they are already through #9
The last tee is at 2 pm EST, so I would guess everyone will be on the grounds by no later than 11 am

Here are today's times
  • 8:00 a.m. -- Mike Weir, Kevin Na
  • 8:12 a.m. -- Vijay Singh, Scott Stallings, Matthew McClean
  • 8:24 a.m. -- Sandy Lyle, Jason Kokrak, Talor Gooch
  • 8:36 a.m. -- Fred Couples, Russell Henley, Alex Noren
  • 8:48 a.m. -- Adrian Meronk, Kevin Kisner, Louis Oosthuizen
  • 9:00 a.m. -- Larry Mize, Min Woo Lee, Harrison Crowe
  • 9:12 a.m. -- Sergio Garcia, Kazuki Higa, Keith Mitchell
  • 9:24 a.m. -- Patrick Reed, Adam Svensson, Sahith Theegala
  • 9:36 a.m. -- Shane Lowry, Mackenzie Hughes, Thomas Pieters
  • 9:48 a.m. -- Bubba Watson, Seamus Power, Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira
  • 10:06 a.m. -- Abraham Ancer, Chris Kirk, Keegan Bradley
  • 10:18 a.m. -- Tiger Woods, Viktor Hovland, Xander Schauffele
  • 10:30 a.m. -- Adam Scott, Patrick Cantlay, Kurt Kitayama
  • 10:42 a.m. -- Justin Thomas, Jon Rahm, Cameron Young
  • 10:54 a.m. -- Hideki Matsuyama, Cameron Smith, Sungjae Im
  • 11:06 a.m. -- Jose Maria Olazabal, Cameron Champ
  • 11:18 a.m. -- Charl Schwartzel, Taylor Moore, Aldrich Potgieter
  • 11:30 a.m. -- J.T. Poston, Francesco Molinari, Bryson DeChambeau
  • 11:42 a.m. -- Bernhard Langer, Mito Pereira, Ben Carr
  • 11:54 a.m. -- Danny Willett, Gary Woodland, Brooks Koepka
  • 12:12 p.m. -- Sepp Straka, Harold Varner III, K.H. Lee
  • 12:24 p.m. -- Phil Mickelson, Tom Hoge, Si Woo Kim
  • 12:36 p.m. -- Billy Horschel, Harris English, Ryan Fox
  • 12:48 p.m. -- Zach Johnson, Jason Day, Gordon Sargent
  • 1:00 p.m. -- Brian Harman, Joaquin Niemann, Tyrrell Hatton
  • 1:12 p.m. -- Dustin Johnson, Corey Conners, Justin Rose
  • 1:24 p.m. -- Matt Fitzpatrick, Collin Morikawa, Will Zalatoris
  • 1:36 p.m. -- Scottie Scheffler, Max Homa, Sam Bennett
  • 1:48 p.m. -- Tom Kim, Rory McIlroy, Sam Burns
  • 2:00 p.m. -- Jordan Spieth, Tommy Fleetwood, Tony Finau
Thanks NiA, very helpful.

My initial post was more throwing shade at all the TV stations (ESPN, CBS Sports, Golf Channel) for making it seem like only Tiger was at the venue. I eventually went to Masters.com to find actual coverage of the guys on the course.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Thanks NiA, very helpful.

My initial post was more throwing shade at all the TV stations (ESPN, CBS Sports, Golf Channel) for making it seem like only Tiger was at the venue. I eventually went to Masters.com to find actual coverage of the guys on the course.

Sorry, I am stuck working this am( damn it), so just following along on the scoreboards and not watching coverage yet, but that is the least surprising thing I will hear today, It is going to be Tiger-saturated coverage the next two days.

Update to the first group out, KevinNa is a WD, Weir will play back nine by himself.
Na must have gotten a bad case of the +4s after that front nine

Sorry, I am stuck working this am( damn it), so just following along on the scoreboards and not watching coverage yet, but that is the least surprising thing I will hear today, It is going to be Tiger-saturated coverage the next two days.

Update to the first group out, KevinNa is a WD, Weir will play back nine by himself.
Na must have gotten a bad case of the +4s after that front nine
Interesting. With Na out, does that mean Weir plays the entire second round by himself? That would suck.

Interesting. With Na out, does that mean Weir plays the entire second round by himself? That would suck.

Yes he will play 18 by himself. One writer said, they have already stated he will have a marker tomorrow but they are not changing groups

Woods will need a couple on the back to see the weekend. His split tomorrow will be in the uglier part of the weather and Hovland is sprinting out in front. Might not have to watch a full Tiger round Saturday am.

Reactions: NoleLizards
The only thing I can see wrong with Hovland, is that damn shirt-

vh.png

What a fantastic day one leaderboard

Koepka is coming, to 5 under with both par 5s left-

Reactions: cmanole
There is a lot of chatter on Twitter that there could be a penalty on Koepka's group, something about Brook's caddie telling Woodland's caddie what club they hit.

Anything mentioned on the broadcast?

Boom Boom was always one of my favorite. He designed my home club out in the Atlanta 'burbs.
He was the reason I started watching golf in 1991 when I was 6. I remember being so excited when he won the 1992 Masters and equally as deflated when O'Meara beat him in 1998. I always think "what if" with how many more events he could have won if he didn't had constant back issues that limited him.

Scottie better be hitting the practice green before dinner.

Yeah I just heard his stats 16 of 18 greens, 32 putts, damn

still shot 68, and he is on the better side of the split, so if he gets some to drop early will put pressure on the late guys

tomorrow should be very interesting

Not what prevented me from doing so... I was just skeptical over how battle-hardened he'd be. Not a problem so far at least.
Guys,
Honestly, you play the course. You have a plan and hopefully with your course management skills you go from spot to spot to spot. It’s what makes Scheffler so good.

It’s going to be a nightmare getting this tourney in. Not sure how hard it will rain tomorrow afternoon so maybe they can get it in but Saturday may be a complete wash. They haven’t had a Monday finish since 1983. I guess once every 40 years isn’t bad but seems highly unlikely they’re done on Sunday.

Here is the Brooks video and the committees decision.

This is truly discouraging, especially with Brooks being involved. My problem here is, caddies are always letting the on course announcers know what club players are using; seems like competitors could "steal" that info pretty easily, unless the caddy is going up and whispering in the reporters' ears. THis is a bullshit rule to be
gin with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT