ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 14 The Masters (final chance to sign up iif you would like to join )

This is truly discouraging, especially with Brooks being involved. My problem here is, caddies are always letting the on course announcers know what club players are using; seems like competitors could "steal" that info pretty easily, unless the caddy is going up and whispering in the reporters' ears. THis is a bullshit rule to be
gin with.
Of course the announcers could hit the shot if they were given the correct club ! :D :D It happens in EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT !!

Brooks is trying to run away with this tournament.

Iron Sheik Win GIF

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
Brooks is dialed in, eagle putt is upcoming on 15

left it short, but moves to 12 under --

Reactions: cmanole
This is truly discouraging, especially with Brooks being involved. My problem here is, caddies are always letting the on course announcers know what club players are using; seems like competitors could "steal" that info pretty easily, unless the caddy is going up and whispering in the reporters' ears. THis is a bullshit rule to be
gin with.
Is this really in the rule book? Have I, and others playing with me, been breaking a real rule for years? I've done this all the time.

Or, is this a rule specific to the PGA Tour?

Reactions: NoleinATL
Is this really in the rule book? Have I, and others playing with me, been breaking a real rule for years? I've done this all the time.

Or, is this a rule specific to the PGA Tour?

It is an actual rule, that is why there was so much uproar from some folks yesterday

a. Advice​

During a round, a player must not:

• Give advice to anyone in the competition who is playing on the course,
  • Ask anyone for advice, other than the player’s caddie, or
  • Touch another player’s equipment to learn information that would be advice if given by or asked of the other player (such as touching the other player’s clubs or bag to see what club is being used).
This does not apply before a round, while play is stopped under Rule 5.7a or between rounds in a competition.

See Rules 22, 23 and 24 (in forms of play involving partners, a player may give advice to his or her partner or the partner’s caddie and may ask the partner or partner’s caddie for advice).

USGA Advice Rule

Reactions: seminoleed
wheels coming off for day, lead grows after double , bogey 15 and 16
terrible chip on 15

Only 3 people in history have been -11 or better after 36 holes.
Is Sam Bennett some relative or clone of Dabo Swinney ?

Very surprised based on the level of his play recently,
but bravo to Phil for being top 10 after his second round
Augusta is one of those places certain dudes just always play well. Couples is competitive every year and basically doesn’t play competitive golf at all otherwise. Langer is another one. If Tiger hadn’t completely destroyed his body he’d win another one.

Those pines are just trying to get revenge for the Eisenhower Tree being taken out.

Damn... JT couldn't even make the cut after it dropped to +3. 😡

Scheffler certainly went the other way after that opening 68 than I thought he might go, already +1 today

Reactions: cmanole
It is an actual rule, that is why there was so much uproar from some folks yesterday

a. Advice​

During a round, a player must not:

• Give advice to anyone in the competition who is playing on the course,
  • Ask anyone for advice, other than the player’s caddie, or
  • Touch another player’s equipment to learn information that would be advice if given by or asked of the other player (such as touching the other player’s clubs or bag to see what club is being used).
This does not apply before a round, while play is stopped under Rule 5.7a or between rounds in a competition.

See Rules 22, 23 and 24 (in forms of play involving partners, a player may give advice to his or her partner or the partner’s caddie and may ask the partner or partner’s caddie for advice).

USGA Advice Rule
Might be a bullshit rule but it’s a rule nonetheless and should be enforced. In college I saw a dude get DQed for looking in another players bag to see what club he hit. The age of disinformation and no feelings getting hurt is bullshit.

But they’re in a catch 22 here. You penalize Brooks and it will be interpreted to be that the tour is penalizing him just because he’s on the LIV Tour. Things have a way of evening out. Brooks was at the same score after 36 as Norman was in 1996. I’m just saying.

Last edited:
Well, count me as one who loves him some Brooks Koepka. When healthy (apparently he is now), he is as good as any golfer on the planet in Majors!
A Seminole with 5 majors! Woo Hoo!
That would make the subsequent majors this year very interesting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT