ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 15: The Masters (sign-up still open)

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
1712502312807.jpeg
Andrew Redington

AUGUSTA, Ga. — Officially, there is only one notable change to Augusta National for this year’s Masters, with the tee box at the par-5 second extended back and to the left by 10 yards. Unofficially, however, patrons and players will notice a handful of other modifications.
Augusta National is a club in constant evolution, both in the concrete and abstract. But much of that evolution goes unstated, allowing for beautiful discoveries to the public when the club opens its gates once every year. For those attending the 2024 Masters, the most striking difference is a new stone structure between the eighth and 18 holes, a building that has concessions, restrooms and a small merchandise area. In the past, there were temporary concessions, merchandise and telephone stations in this area, which were removed each year following tournament week. A previous permanent restroom area was knocked down and upgraded.

As for the course, there are three modifications that were apparent while watching the final round of the Augusta National Women’s Amatuer on Saturday, all on the first nine. The back part of the second green has been enlarged towards the middle, while the slope off the right greenside bunker has been somewhat leveled. The former allows for another hole location, while the latter negates the use of the front right portion of the green as a backstop for putts coming from the other side of the green towards the traditional Sunday pin.
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ma...sses-dimarco-pohl-henninger-mattiace-campbell
FAQ
Masters 101: Answering the most frequently asked questions about 2024's first major

VIEWING GUIDE
Masters 2024: How to watch the tournament like a genius—9 things to look for

Meanwhile, the fourth green’s front right slope has been softened, and though this likewise negates any backboard of sorts from putts above the hole, it also keeps proper approach shots, and bunker shots, from ricocheting away from the pin.
Perhaps the most noticeable change when it comes to tournament play will be the par-3 sixth. One of the more difficult holes on the course come Sunday (ranking fifth in final-round scoring average during last year’s Masters), the back right plateau has been enlarged and the back left section has been flattened. During Saturday’s ANWA competition, balls that would have usually funneled off the green were able to say within 25-30 feet of the back-right pin, and the hope is more solid approaches to a back-left pin will be rewarded. Conversely, slopes off the back-right plateau have been enhanced, making the penalty for a miss more severe.
Clearly these are not as dramatic as the changes evidenced by the lengthening of the famous par-5 13th hole last year. But they are changes nevertheless, proving that while this a club that honors the past it is open to perpetual progress.

Field

Congratulations again to last weeks winner @Nolerball

@FSUdawg maintains his overall lead as we head to Augusta

Screenshot-2024-04-07-181034.png

Good Luck to everyone and enjoy Masters Week!!!

McIlroy, Rory
Koepka, Brooks
Hideki Matsuyama
Scottie Scheffler

I feel for these young fellers.....

Every time I make my picks...BAM they start sinking not climbing the leader board.

Oh well, Good luck to all. GO NOLES!!!!!!

Mrs BFT's picks

Scottie Scheffler
Xander Schauffele
Jordan Spieth peith (sic)
John Rahm (sic)

It was early in the morning. What can I say.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Never gave Bryson a thought as a pick, must be why he is off to a good start

Freaking Xander, he may turn it around, but he seems to always start poorly when he is one of my picks

Reactions: NoleLizards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT