ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 24 The US Open

The tour has to be happy, the last two weeks have gone as well as possible with the other tour starting. Big names on top of each leaderboard and young guns playing really well could not have gone much better for them.

Looking forward to seeing how the day plays out, the young guys being chased by multiple major winners.. A few of the pin placements today are risk vs reward shots , which should be lead to some interesting decisions

IMO, the USGA has not tricked up the course as they sometimes do. The course is hard and they have made it harder with the rough as they usually do. But the greens is where they sometimes get a little carried away with the speed. For example Shinicock and that par three on the back nine where they made it impossible to hold the green.

They could have dome something similar with number ten here exp with the pin placement in the back yesterday. But they did not. Players who hit it too far paid the price for that. That was not the result of too slick greens.

Add in the weather yesterday and it looks like today as well and that course is a beast. But IMO the course has been fair. As usual, keep the ball out of the deep rough, make pars, birdies where there is an op, and you have a chance to win.

This week because of all the going back and forth with Peacock, USA and NBC, I have to believe some of the management team now understands Justin Leonard is better at being an analyst than Zinger

Reactions: cmanole
Watching these guys play n long sleeves is just amazing how much different temps are in the country

I went off at 7 am today and at the turn ditched my undershirt because I was sweating so much

agreed, and I try my best because he is a Nole, but I don't think he adds much to the broadcast as the lead analyst
He had some comment early on like “if ___ can go out today and shoot 64 or 65, it will change his life.”

Really? How insightful. Almost like saying “if you can guess the Powerball numbers, you are set.”

This week because of all the going back and forth with Peacock, USA and NBC, I have to believe some of the management team now understands Justin Leonard is better at being an analyst than Zinger
What? Zinger >>> Leonard imo. Zinger is more like Tony Romo without the delivery. Leonard has tooooo many forced pauses.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Fitz looking good! 🏆
e37a61c0d54205b60d976bbcc535963f.gif

What? Zinger >>> Leonard imo. Zinger is more like Tony Romo without the delivery. Leonard has tooooo many forced pauses.

we will have to agree to disagree, Justin is measured yes, but he is not going to say a player is laying up on a par 3 like Zinger did today

Azinger with the announcer's curse. And sure enough Scheffler misses the putt from inside 5 feet on 11. His first of the tournament. Good job Zinger.

Looks like Scottie is going to come undone on the first several holes on the back nine.

as bad as my picks have been so was my pick of a player who may fade, a hell of a round by Will today

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT