ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 24: The US Open

Put me down as a Chambeau fanboy. He is what golf has been missing for a long time....a guy who can play AND connect with the spectators. This was great.

This was like watching the Golden days of Arnie.

Put me down as a Chambeau fanboy. He is what golf has been missing for a long time....a guy who can play AND connect with the spectators. This was great.
He's like a WWE superstar. My only problem with him is being with LIV... He's above that IMO.

He's like a WWE superstar. My only problem with him is being with LIV... He's above that IMO.
Agreed. But you gotta follow the money in this day and age. A lot of the disrespect for him on this board comes from Koepka not liking him a few years ago. And where is Koepka paying these days?

Agreed. But you gotta follow the money in this day and age. A lot of the disrespect for him on this board comes from Koepka not liking him a few years ago. And where is Koepka paying these days?
I think a lot of golf fans (me included) feel a little cheated not seeing him compete against the best on a regular basis.

I think a lot of golf fans (me included) feel a little cheated not seeing him compete against the best on a regular basis.
Yeah, but that would be a moot point if the PGA would get its collective management heads out of their butts and get with LIV to combine the two tours. The LIV made the offers, the PGA screwed around as usual. This could have been settled 2 years ago.

I do not want to be melodramatic, but does he ever come back from loss?
Rory is as talented as Tiger ever was but he lacks the clutch gene. As long as he remains healthy physically, he'll have plenty of shots to win more majors. In fact, if you look at the average age of major champions, The Open tends to have older winners. It wouldn't be shocking to me if McIlroy rebounded to win it next month.

Happy Father's Day to all of our Pops, I hope everyone had a great day.

That was a good US Open. It was a tough course with brutal greens, but if you hit your shot, you can score.
Congrats to Bryson, that bunker shot on 18 was damn near perfect.

Speaking of perfect, we had 3 players who picked Bryson and get the win this week.
Congratulations to @FSU & Golf @Bobcat07 @RancheroNole on the win this week

Screenshot-2024-06-16-224846.png

Reactions: NoleLizards
Rory is as talented as Tiger ever was but he lacks the clutch gene. As long as he remains healthy physically, he'll have plenty of shots to win more majors. In fact, if you look at the average age of major champions, The Open tends to have older winners. It wouldn't be shocking to me if McIlroy rebounded to win it next month.
Rory reminds me of someone else that had loads of talent but faltered under pressure.

Trying to figure out who you're referring to, but there are many candidates.
Runner up in 8 majors. The comparison hits close to home for Rory as well since he has been quite outspoken about him. Somewhere Norman should be chuckling, but I'd bet he's not.

Last edited:
Runner up in 8 majors. The comparison hits close to home for Rory as well since he has been quite outspoken about him.
Odd that this site doesn't offer any Greg Norman gifs.

Anyway, unlike Norman, Rory enjoyed tremendous success in majors early in his career only to become perpetually snake-bitten later on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT