ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 34 The Tour Championship

Man, I was on a roll until the playoffs. Guess I'm not quite ready for prime time yet.

Congrats to DFS and everyone else who puts up with my weekly nonsense on here.

Heartfelt thanks to the best Commish on any website. He runs this thing smoother than bacon grease.

So, on to the President's Cup and a new season. Just a heads up--I've been turned on to something called "The System", a guaranteed formula for picking golfers each week. Just so you know.

Man, I was on a roll until the playoffs. Guess I'm not quite ready for prime time yet.

Congrats to DFS and everyone else who puts up with my weekly nonsense on here.

Heartfelt thanks to the best Commish on any website. He runs this thing smoother than bacon grease.

So, on to the President's Cup and a new season. Just a heads up--I've been turned on to something called "The System", a guaranteed formula for picking golfers each week. Just so you know.
Me too. I think you and me were top three - four pretty much all year. I dropped all the way to 11th this week. Didn't have my best stuff. 😭

We could actually do a Venmo thing. Everyone pitch $5/week and pay the top three. We could skim $10 a week and have big pot for the Tour Championship. I wouldn't mind hosting that. I actually backed up NIA all year and do a similar thing with our golf group at home so I'm good to go if y'all are game.

For me that is a guarantee not to ever finish in the top three. Gambling and I do not see eye to eye.

Me too. I think you and me were top three - four pretty much all year. I dropped all the way to 11th this week. Didn't have my best stuff. 😭
I think I was on top after week 3 or 4, and it was all downhill after that. While it was fun, it was one of the more frustrating seasons for me yet. I typically had a couple guys do really well and the others would miss the cut.

It was fun! Thanks for hosting and all the hard work NIA!
I'm game for $5 or $10. I'm also fine doing it just for fun.
I’m going to give a breakdown how this year would have played out at $5/week so everyone will know how they did and to use as a gauge for next year.

Here’s how we would have ended up pitching in $5 (by 34 weeks) $170 then paying $40 $20 $10 $5 weekly and for the TC $100 $60 $40 $30 $20 6 @ $10 and 6 @$5.

Kenny 175
DFS 125
Ed 80
Tom 70
Mrs 45
Cat 45
Liz 35
67810 15
Ball (5)
Dawg (15)
Cman (20)
Vapor (25)
Sea (25)
BFT (40)
NIA (55)
Golf (55)
Murray (60)

Last edited:
Here’s how we would have ended up pitching in $5 (by 34 weeks) $170 then paying $40 $20 $10 $5 weekly and for the TC $100 $60 $40 $30 $20 6 @ $10 and 6 @$5.

Kenny 175
DFS 125
Ed 80
Tom 70
MS 45
Cat 45
Liz 35
67810 15
Ball (5)
Dawg (15)
Cman (20)
Vapor (25)
Sea (25)
BFT (40)
NIA (55)
Golf (55)
Murray (60)
I thought you boys would be all over this. Apparently not everyone is a degenerate, alcoholic gambler like myself. 😳

Here’s how we would have ended up pitching in $5 (by 34 weeks) $170 then paying $40 $20 $10 $5 and for the TC $100 $60 $40 $30 $20 6 @ $10 and 6 @$5.

Kenny 175
DFS 125
Ed 80
Tom 70
MS 45
Cat 45
Liz 35
67810 15
Ball (5)
Dawg (15)
Cman (20)
Vapor (25)
Sea (25)
BFT (40)
NIA (55)
Golf (55)
Murray (60)

I must understand this all wrong. As I look at it with my simpleton mind, I'd contribute $170 over the course of the season, but would only have recovered $80. If that's true, then only Kenny would have made money?

Again, I'm a simpleton, mind you.

Reactions: cmanole
I thought you boys would be all over this. Apparently not everyone is a degenerate, alcoholic gambler like myself. 😳

I am not agaisnt it, but wouldn't want to make it mandatory as I don't want to lose people who like to play but may not like to gamble.
We can do a poll in the Presidents Cup thread to gauge interest.

Kenny 175
DFS 125
Ed 80
Tom 70
MS 45
Cat 45
Liz 35
67810 15
Ball (5)
Dawg (15)
Cman (20)
Vapor (25)
Sea (25)
BFT (40)
NIA (55)
Golf (55)
Murray (60)

Looking at that list again, where's Mrs BFT?

Reactions: cmanole

Kenny 175
DFS 125
Ed 80
Tom 70
MS 45
Cat 45
Liz 35
67810 15
Ball (5)
Dawg (15)
Cman (20)
Vapor (25)
Sea (25)
BFT (40)
NIA (55)
Golf (55)
Murray (60)
I could've filled up my gas tank!

Reactions: NoleinATL

Kenny 175
DFS 125
Ed 80
Tom 70
Mrs 45
Cat 45
Liz 35
67810 15
Ball (5)
Dawg (15)
Cman (20)
Vapor (25)
Sea (25)
BFT (40)
NIA (55)
Golf (55)
Murray (60)
My thought would be to do something for the year as opposed to weekly. This way you aren't paying for nothing if you miss your picks for the week. We could also add a weekly for each of the Majors if we wanted to.

Just my $0.02 cents.

Definitely think this would add even more pizazz to each week. I love to gamble...I just seem to have an aversion to WINNING gambling in my DNA.

Only issue for me is learning how to use Venmo. But I agree I wouldn't want to lose any of the guys over it. (Well, maybe DFS, since he's always winning.) :cool:

Well it is offical , Smith and 5 others head to LIV. I respect HVIII for saying it was about the money

One thing for sure, the Presidents Cup is going to be a bloodbath

This is HVIII's letter

Definitely think this would add even more pizazz to each week. I love to gamble...I just seem to have an aversion to WINNING gambling in my DNA.

Only issue for me is learning how to use Venmo. But I agree I wouldn't want to lose any of the guys over it. (Well, maybe DFS, since he's always winning.) :cool:
Yeah, def don’t want to lose anyone. Can certainly be optional. I was just putting it out there. I love to gamble on anything golf too. One of my favorite things to do is on a Thur or Fri is to find a spot at the 17th at TPC with one or two buds and bet on closest to the pin all day.

Ha. I'd make Charles look like Tiger.

Picture a python wrapping itself around an animal--that's my swing.

I may have seen a swing that beats that.

I was at a course in S Florida a few years ago. A woman was warming up. It was truly bizarre. As she swung at the ball she lifted her leading leg nerly a foot off the ground as the club was on the downswing. Adding to that she was literally falling backwards to her right on the downswing. Her club head speed at impact had to be somewhere around 20 mph. She could not hit the ball 50 yards. I had to stop watching her because I did not want any part of that creeping into my swing.

BTW, I shot a three under 58 yesterday (one of those exec courses; I do not have the length anymore for the par 72 courses) including an eagle when a PW from the fairway bounced up, hit the pin dead center, and dropped straight in the cup.

Last edited:
For me that is a guarantee not to ever finish in the top three. Gambling and I do not see eye to eye.
Gambling is illegal at Bushwood...and I NEVER slice...

If we go this route, I may have to 1) create a new identity for such - handle: Benny Vegas, and B) realize that it'll cost me, by having to give up a cocoa-chianti Frappuccino or two each week just to keep up. Might be more than my poor-tired bones or nerd-wallet can carry. Also, look what it did to Moe Greene and, say, Lucky Luciano.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT