ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 34 The Tour Championship

Thank you Rory for reinforcing my confidence that you would have a good tournament this week.

Thru 4 holes. A triple. A bogey. A birdie (Yea!!!!!!). And another bogey for a four over on the day.

Thank you Rory for reinforcing my confidence that you would have a good tournament this week.

TWRM It's going down

ATLANTA - Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy’s TMRW Sports today announced TGL, a new tech-infused golf league in partnership with the PGA TOUR. TGL will showcase team matches fusing advanced tech and live action from a custom-built venue in primetime on Monday nights, which will complement the current PGA TOUR schedule. Woods and McIlroy are the first two golfers committed to compete and the league’s inaugural season will kick off in January 2024. The announcement was made today by Woods, McIlroy, and TMRW Sports CEO and founder Mike McCarley.

TGL, the golf league of TMRW Sports, will feature:
• Teams:
Six teams of three PGA TOUR players;
• Tech-Infused Venue: A first-of-its-kind experience for golf enabled by a data-rich, virtual course complete with a tech-infused, short-game complex;
• Tech-Enabled Fan Experience: High-energy, greenside fan experience with every shot live within a 2-hour, primetime televised match;
• Season: 15 regular season Monday night matches followed by semifinals and finals matches, kicking off in January 2024

I think it would be classic if the Tour Got DJ and Bryson and maybe Bubba, Oosty and a couple of other guys back and left the LIV to self destruct.
Okay, you brought it up. My question to you is : Why did it take all the defections to the LIV tour to get that lazy, good for nothing SOB commissioner to get off his dead butt and do something. I have posted for a bunch of years that the tour needed a " bridge tour" ( for the lack of a better term) for veteran guys, say 30+ to 50 that are either raising their kids, injured, or just tired of playing so many tournaments. Oops now there is competition, Now I'll do something. I have -0-, none, negative use for one Jay Monahan. And UMM... 2 hour prime time match ? So a 9 hole deal is supposed to move the needle ? Unreal !
One more thing that pisses me off. NOW they are going to give stipends to players that don't make the cuts ? There are a bunch of great guys out there that are 25 to 60 years old that are wondering where was this ____ when I was starving to death and living with my wife in a van down by the river ?
Kenny out .

Holes 1-4 were all a part of his plan to backdoor another T10 finish. Nobody does that better than him.

Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad I chose you, yes
Nobody shanks or chunks it, half as good as you
Rory, you're a mess.

I wasn't thinkin' but somehow I picked you
I tried to deny my choice, that's right
But with rain above me
The golf gods don't love me
You just blew my round tonight.

And nobody does it better
Though sometimes I wish someone could
Nobody does it quite the way you do
Why'd you have to be not good?

Okay, you brought it up. My question to you is : Why did it take all the defections to the LIV tour to get that lazy, good for nothing SOB commissioner to get off his dead butt and do something. I have posted for a bunch of years that the tour needed a " bridge tour" ( for the lack of a better term) for veteran guys, say 30+ to 50 that are either raising their kids, injured, or just tired of playing so many tournaments. Oops now there is competition, Now I'll do something. I have -0-, none, negative use for one Jay Monahan. And UMM... 2 hour prime time match ? So a 9 hole deal is supposed to move the needle ? Unreal !
One more thing that pisses me off. NOW they are going to give stipends to players that don't make the cuts ? There are a bunch of great guys out there that are 25 to 60 years old that are wondering where was this ____ when I was starving to death and living with my wife in a van down by the river ?
Kenny out .
I'll just go down the list.

As far as them finally doing something similar is LIV is kind of what you see throughout the private sector. Businesses, large corporations especially - for the most part - are highly reactionary. They don't like coming off of their capital unless they are forced to and the Tour has finally been forced to. I see it every day. I am stunned though that some of these guys jumpped ship instead of staying with the Tour and help write the script. Phil, DJ, Bryson, Poulter, guys like that. Stunned. I know the argument you made before about who's to say how much is enough and it's true, but I would like to think if I already had everything I and my kids and probably their kids as well would ever need, that I would be pretty content not to jump and abandon what got me there no matter how dysfunctional it may be. And especially if it was looking like I would have a chance to be a part of changing it in the future.

A bridge tour is a great idea and I'm with you on that. But there are a million guys out there like you, like me, like 20 guys in my little town that could (have) perhaps make (made) a go of it if there were more opportunities. On the other hand there, there would never be enough places if there was one bridge tour or 20. You know that what separates great local players from tour players are capital and good breaks. You have to be able to afford to be out there and when an opportunity is there you have to either play great at that moment or get some really good breaks. Not all of the guys on Tour do it on talent alone.

Stipends are like these college bailouts we're seeing right now. Yeah, I just got done paying for one kid and am in the process of paying for a second one to go to school and I'm sorta pissed about it. But was does it say about me if I say - I had to go through it so you should too. I don't think that is healthy. I want others to have opportunities I didn't have whether it's kids going to school for free or guys trying to play professional golf.

And the only thing that really bothers me are these LIV guys that now want to play both tours. No. You left to play that tour, you play there now. You quit so your gone. Don't take 50 million and say you want more free time then come back and say I want to play the PGA Tour too and or the Asian Tour so I can get my points. I mean just have some integrity and say, like Perez did, this is the lotto and I decided it was in my best interest. I have no problem with that.

We could go on and on. I know we locked horns in the other thread but I'm good if you are. Like most things in life, we probably want the same things, we just have a different idea on how to get there. Peace.

Personally as it stands right now for me, I have no problem with them playing both tours. We see PGA players including Tiger in years past going over to the ME and playing tourneys there. Rickie Fowler is another I recall heading overseas often.

Personally as it stands right now for me, I have no problem with them playing both tours. We see PGA players including Tiger in years past going over to the ME and playing tourneys there. Rickie Fowler is another I recall heading overseas often.
Players have also played on both the PGA and European Tour forever without any great consternation. It is very common for the European players to play both.

I'll just go down the list.

As far as them finally doing something similar is LIV is kind of what you see throughout the private sector. Businesses, large corporations especially - for the most part - are highly reactionary. They don't like coming off of their capital unless they are forced to and the Tour has finally been forced to. I see it every day. I am stunned though that some of these guys jumpped ship instead of staying with the Tour and help write the script. Phil, DJ, Bryson, Poulter, guys like that. Stunned. I know the argument you made before about who's to say how much is enough and it's true, but I would like to think if I already had everything I and my kids and probably their kids as well would ever need, that I would be pretty content not to jump and abandon what got me there no matter how dysfunctional it may be. And especially if it was looking like I would have a chance to be a part of changing it in the future.

A bridge tour is a great idea and I'm with you on that. But there are a million guys out there like you, like me, like 20 guys in my little town that could (have) perhaps make (made) a go of it if there were more opportunities. On the other hand there, there would never be enough places if there was one bridge tour or 20. You know that what separates great local players from tour players are capital and good breaks. You have to be able to afford to be out there and when an opportunity is there you have to either play great at that moment or get some really good breaks. Not all of the guys on Tour do it on talent alone.

Stipends are like these college bailouts we're seeing right now. Yeah, I just got done paying for one kid and am in the process of paying for a second one to go to school and I'm sorta pissed about it. But was does it say about me if I say - I had to go through it so you should too. I don't think that is healthy. I want others to have opportunities I didn't have whether it's kids going to school for free or guys trying to play professional golf.

And the only thing that really bothers me are these LIV guys that now want to play both tours. No. You left to play that tour, you play there now. You quit so your gone. Don't take 50 million and say you want more free time then come back and say I want to play the PGA Tour too and or the Asian Tour so I can get my points. I mean just have some integrity and say, like Perez did, this is the lotto and I decided it was in my best interest. I have no problem with that.

We could go on and on. I know we locked horns in the other thread but I'm good if you are. Like most things in life, we probably want the same things, we just have a different idea on how to get there. Peace.
Believe it or not I really really like your post ! I absolutely agree that if you signed a LIV agreement, then you're a LIV player. You don't get both. The exception is the majors because they are not put on by the PGA Tour. I would also say that you're out of the PGA Championship. The issue becomes how to measure ability. Obviously it's easier to see past champions.
I also agree that the stipends are like the college bailouts. And I congratulate you for being part of Rising Spear. And please don't misunderstand me, I'm not against the stipends. It just makes me sad to think my my heroes ( Nicklaus and Palmer) wouldn't have come up with this 40 years ago. You and I know players were left to find sponsors. And if you didn't know anyone, the door was shut. I have even sponsored 2 local guys just so they could come up with the money to get in to a couple of tournaments. I see that, then I see Tiger getting $50 million from Phil Knight before he ever teed up a single shot on tour. There were many times I watched Tiger go for it and we all applauded his moxie. But the guy he was playing against had bills to pay and those dollars meant life to him. So he laid up. Guess we do want the same thing. A level playing field. Just not sure how you make life fair.
I'm good. Two thumbs up !👍👍

Players have also played on both the PGA and European Tour forever without any great consternation. It is very common for the European players to play both.
Yes, but the LIV is different imo. They actually went in and poached players to cause harm to the PGA Tour. It's vindictive if you will. You make the purses the same and no upfront cash, basically none of them go. And the relationship between the PGA Tour, European Tour and the other tours has always been more of a partnership and not a flat out assault on the foundation of the organization. My 0.02.

Plus, if you have 48 that left, you have 48 open spots for new guys. We will see new up and comers like Cantlay, Finau, Scheffler, Schauffele, Cam Smith, etc fill those new spots. There are 1,000 guys out there right now that just need a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleLizards
You would think that as good as these guys are, being able to lift, clean, and place would mean target practice on the pins. However, the greens were so damp yesterday, the approach shots were basically sticking where they landed for the most part.

Will be interesting to see if the greens are in the same condition today and if so if the players are more aggressive in carrying their shots all the way to the pins.

I hope the format is changes next year. The gimmicky format instantly puts some guys out of the running early if the leader is playing well.

Mrs BFT is asking if the tournament/pick 'em contest could end right now as the leaderboard currently stands?

1. Scheffler
T2. Rahm
T2. Schauffele
T4. Cantlay
If my math is correct, she's sitting at -34 and might be in line to win this whole damn thing.

Yes. That was intended to be a jinx.

That was a good first two rounds , love East Lake , such a great walk

As we head to the weekend, here are our leaders

Mrs. BFT with some impressive picks has the Tour Championship lead going into the weekend

TC-rd-1-2022.png

In the fight for the PGSF FedEx Cup Championship, @DFSNOLE takes over first place with a -30 during the first two rounds

@Mrs BFT one back, @Tom81 and @fsukenny are 2 back,
looks like a great finish for the 2022 PGSF FedEx Cup

Tour-Championship-Winner-2022.png

Players the caliber of Scott and Bernhard Langer pitched a fit when the USGA and Royal and Ancient banned the broomsticks and they caved. Now it's on the honor system. Btw, I think grounding the putter against your forearm is cheating too.
I don’t get the advantage. I’ve tried it just for giggles. It feels really weird to me. The shorter putts maybe. But the long putts seemed more difficult. The big difference for me has been has been the big grips. I don’t even know what you call the grip on my putter. It’s an Odyssey- Bird of Prey. I can see changing putters some day but never that grip .

Reactions: DFSNOLE
What was the format previously.

Based on points accumulated versus the staggered scoring. That was how you could have a winner at East Lake who didn't win the FedEx Cup Champ..Tiger winning at East Lake in 2018 and not being the FedEx Cup champ is the reason for the change.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT