ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 7: The Genesis Invitational (sign-up is open)

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
image.jpg

The best players in the world were already committed to playing in The Genesis Invitational at Riviera Country Club, but on Friday, we learned that golf’s biggest star is set to play, too. Woods, the tournament host, will be making his first official PGA TOUR start since last July.
The 82-time PGA TOUR winner will headline a stacked field, competing for 550 FedExCup points.

FIELD NOTES:

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 550 FedExCup points.

COURSE:Riviera Country Club, par 71, 7,322 yards. The club, long ranked as one of the best in the world, features a compact design built to test all aspects of a player’s game – especially with the primary rough of club-grabbing Kikuyu. This will mark the 60th time the George C. Thomas Jr. and William P. Bell design will host The Genesis Invitational with plenty more big events to come including the 2026 U.S. Women’s Open and 2028 Olympic Golf competition.

72-HOLE RECORD: 264, Lanny Watkins (1985)
18-HOLE RECORD: 61, George Archer (Round 3, 1983 at Rancho Park GC), Ted Tryba (Round 3, 1999 at Riviera CC)
LAST TIME: Joaquin Niemann became the tournament’s first wire-to-wire winner in 53 years, and set The Genesis Invitational record for lowest 36- and 54-hole scores. He beat Collin Morikawa and Cameron Young by two. Young would go on to win Rookie of the Year honors on the PGA TOUR. Morikawa shot a final-round 65, tied for the low round of the day, to zip up the leaderboard. Adam Scott, twice a winner at Riviera, and Viktor Hovland rounded out the top five, while Justin Thomas was a shot further back and alone in sixth. Defending champion Homa finished T10.

HOW TO FOLLOW:

Television: Thursday-Friday, 4 p.m.-8 p.m. ET (Golf Channel), Saturday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-7 p.m. (CBS). Sunday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (CBS)
PGA TOUR Live:
ThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Stream 1Main Feed: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. ETMain Feed: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. ETMain Feed: 12 p.m.-1 p.m. ETMain Feed: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET
Featured Group: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.Featured Group: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Stream 2Marquee: 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m.Marquee: 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m.Marquee: 12:15 p.m.-1 p.m.Marquee: 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.Featured Group: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Stream 3Featured Groups: 10:15 a.m.-4 p.m.Featured Groups: 10:15 a.m.-4 p.m.Featured Groups: 12:30 p.m.-1 p.m.Featured Groups: 12 p.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.Featured Hole: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Stream 4Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.Featured Holes: 12 p.m.-1 p.m.Featured Holes: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.Featured Hole: 4 p.m.-8 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-7 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.

Congratulations again to last weeks winner @DFSNOLE

@Nolerball maintains the overall season lead

Leader-thru-WM-2024.png

Good luck to everyone this week

Most memorable golf announcer's call in my lifetime...

Okay, Gary Koch's "Better than most..." is up there too.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleinATL
Next two days are going to be Tiger overload.
I saw 4 different stories about Tiger eating a hamburger and not liking pickles yesterday
(sorry Ed, but I had to drop one on our 'unfavorite' foil, uh, I mean golfer...)

Tall, this man not young but sulky
The guy from Riviera goes walking
And when he passes
Each one he passes goes "ah!"

When he walks he's like Kikuyu that
Swings so cool and sways so gently
That when he drives it
Each one in the gallery goes "ah!"

Oh, but he watches his ball so sadly
How can he tell that he's swinging it badly?
Yes, he would give out a sponsorship gladly
But each day when he walks to the tee
He looks straight ahead not at thee.

Tall the man not young but sulky
The guy from Riviera goes walking
And when he passes folks wave and smile
But he doesn't see
He just doesn't see
No, Tiger won't see
He just doesn't see

I literally have no life...and hey, at least it didn't rain on them.

Good to see Zalatoris playing well, glad he is getting back into form

And Tiger is done. Says illness, back yesterday.

Tiger this season.

T45
WD
18 (and that was an unofficial event)
WD

He is done as a factor in any tournament.

Right now I am kind of doubting he will have a senior tour that is competitive.

Welp, just when you thought it couldn't get worse from the meltdown Spieth had on the back nine today, this happens. Is that 'Texas math' or some such nonsense? What in the Sam Hill is up with that !? And he lit out and up the stairs to the scorer's room, after that double on 18, I guess, to sign an incorrect scorecard. Just gotta shake my head. Somebody wake me when today's nightmare is over. The Tour can't get back to the East Coast soon enough.

First the silver ran out...then the people run out...then the whiskey ran out...an' then the beer ran out. Don't matter; it's good to see a high roller come through every once in a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT