ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 9 The Honda Classic

Well, this has become a total mess. The Ouijarod was missing almost immediately after the finish Sunday, and as no sign of it turned up, I assumed he knew how pissed I was with its latest pick of JT. Finally, this morning it was waiting at the breakfast table, looking very sheepish (in a way only Orods can look sheepish). It told me, "Master, I am so sorry, but I met branch named Blanch, and it was love at first sight. Every time I see her, I think, 'Wood'. We are going to run away and get married."

Stunned by this turn of events, I channeled my inner bastard and told it, in no uncertain terms, that I'd start up the chipper if this "branch" ever came on my property, and the dog would now we instructed to watch the rod carefully with orders to chew it like a bone if it tried to leave. Then, I sent him upstairs to ruminate over this week's picks, and to make it snappy.

It came down at dinnertime an apologized, and I told it I'd have to treat it like the 6th graders I teach until it realized Orods don't get to do whatever it wants. It replied, "Here, pick these this week", and, chastened, went back upstairs.

Aren't I the bad ass?

Oh, and it chose:

Tommy Fleetwood
Brooks Koepka
Louis Oosthauzen
Justin Rose

'Blanch the branch'...
happy0007.gif
Keep an eye out for action under the Eucalyptus.

Just a note on Honda Classic.
So far I can put the tournament into 2 categories.
A- Guys I should have known would do well. Those guys include: The British/European guys in general where this weather is their norm. Don't know why I didn't have Shane Lowry on my list. He's the defending " Champion Golfer of the Year" ! Schwartzel has previously won Valspar. Fleetwood is consistently on the top the leaderboard on tough tracks. Then Woodland is playing well as I had hoped. The same with Daniel Berger.
B- Guys I thought would do well yet tanked. Rickie, Rickie, Rickie. Too many Rocket Mortgage moments in the back yard or is it upstairs in the bedroom ? Weak legs ? Grillo, Whats up ? Van Rooyen can't do it 2 weeks in a row. Hovland must still be somewhat hung over. And what's up with Oosti ?
Finally....I was goated and shamed to pick Brooks !! Dude is still injured. I got scammed !!!:eek: Since Billy Ho is at +3 he still has the opportunity to shoot 80 so maybe he won't make the cut ! :rolleyes:

Ricky Fowler
Viktor Hovland
Brooks Koepka
Justin Rose

This is a first for me, and for all I know it is a first for the group. All 4 of my picks missed the cut. The worst part is I didn't pick fringe players or guys nobody has heard of. These are supposed to be some of the top players in the world and they all crapped the bed this week.

I don't normally follow him this closely since I don't usually pick him, but is Woodland always this bad at putting??

I don't normally follow him this closely since I don't usually pick him, but is Woodland always this bad at putting??

There is a reason he has not won more tournaments. We know he has the length off the tee and a reasonably good iron game. That just leaves chipping and putting.

Good day of golf today at the Honda. Such a great course that challenges with the wind There was some loose golf on the back nine with some guys trying to get a first win. Impressed with Im, he started attacking pins and got his first win.

In the PGSF, for the second time in three weeks Nolerball is the only one to pick the winner.
Congratulations to this weeks winner @Nolerball

Will post updated leader board shortly

Reactions: Nolerball
Maybe I could replace the Orod with Nolerball?

Trust me, Ed, I don't have any of the Rods savvy or swagger...just a stack of analytics magazines, some pencils, a slide-rule, an old pocket calculator and VHS copies of 'Tin Cup' And 'Caddyshack' to watch from January through the Open Championship. CS was actually on today and I watched a bit before tuning in to the Honda Classic - you're a good egg, Noonan...she needs you. Pick up that kleenex. :D

Congrats again, Nolerball. Keep this up and you'll be awarded the BFT Trophy.

Reactions: Nolerball
Well, this is embarrasing. Came downstairs for breakfast this morning to find a note that said, "Master, I am saddened to break it to you this way, but Blanche and I have eloped. Please understand, she's the wood of my dreams...and the things she can do to my knot holes area almost holistic.I wish you the best for the future, and feel free to never pick Thomas again. You were a good master."
Crap, now I have to make picks on my own?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT