Miami Subs
Casa Mia Pizza
Buffalo Wings and Rings
Jet's Pizza
JJ's Sunken Subs
Woody's BBQ
Po' Boys on College Avenue
Phyrst in Market Square

All quality places. You can't go wrong with any of them.
Had my first wings at Buffalo's and was hooked. Highly recommended for sure!

Pizza Gourmet's a great place for deep dish.

Samrat has the best Indian food I’ve had in Florida.
Been there a few times in the past couple years and it wasn't even close to as good as Mayuri or Persis, which are my favorites in town depending on the dish. I tried Da Khyber Grill last month, the new Indian place on Mahan near Capital Circle - it was good and I liked that they bring around fresh naan bread to every table.

I agree with those.

Mission has far better sauces, sides and pork (both pulled, ribs and sausage) than Four Rivers. But Four Rivers does beat it (typically, I’ve had some bad) when it comes to beef whether brisket, “bronto” rib or tri-tip with chimichurri. So for me, I’ll go to Mission frequently and to Four Rivers on the rarer times I’m in the mood for bbq beef.

Cypress is definitely Tally’s best fine dining option with Sage as a good backup, but I go to Avenue Eat and Drink more often as it’s a little cheaper and almost as good as Cypress.

Ted’s is definitely Tally’s best steak place although for ambience Shula’s is a better first date or business meeting place.

In addition to what you mentioned, I would say Azu is the best restaurant for Chinese and has decent sushi to go with it. Tan’s Asian Cafe has some great Indonesian dishes but I’d pass up their Chinese and Japanese for Azu. Real Sarap has some great Filipino food and Samrat has the best Indian food I’ve had in Florida. For seafood we don’t really have a good high end place but Shell Oyster Bar is a fantastic cheap southern fried place (bring cash) and Harry’s is pretty good as a Cajun/Creole seafood place. Arepana has some great arepas and usually the best fried yucca I’ve had. For pizza I will go to Momo’s, Blaze, Mellow Mushroom and Gaines Street Pie as well as we have got lots of good pizza with different styles but the best is Isabelle’s for the thin Naples style. For burgers I really enjoy The Southern which is a nice foodie bistro pub, Teds and Burger Fi.

We don’t have any truly great Italian (Mom and Dad’s is decent low end Italian if you stick to their marinara sauce, meatballs and gnocci), good Greek or good Cuban unlike most of Florida.

I have not been there, but for Italian, I have heard good things about +39, which is in the Tallahassee Centre (Urban Food Market).

I recently ate at Shell Oyster Bar and it is still a very good place for seafood (plus, they have the best onion rings in town). It is definitely casual dining.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
While up there for the Spring game, had a fantastic meal at Backwoods Crossing out by 10 on Mahan.

Might as well add Saltwater Seafood to these awesome lists of places to eat.

Good, glad it closed (for the owner not the staff obviously). I went there for a crawfish boil festival and one of or THE owner was in the beer booth. Hardly any customers were there and “the owner” saw I had a Seminole shirt on and he started cracking “jokes” about how he shouldn’t have brought his money to Tallahassee to feed a bunch of “semenholes” and went on about how much better Gainesville was than Tally (with apologies to CMAN...no it’s not and it’s not close). After he cracked about five “jokes” my wife and I basically left the whole thing. We never went back.

Good, glad it closed (for the owner not the staff obviously). I went there for a crawfish boil festival and one of or THE owner was in the beer booth. Hardly any customers were there and “the owner” saw I had a Seminole shirt on and he started cracking “jokes” about how he shouldn’t have brought his money to Tallahassee to feed a bunch of “semenholes” and went on about how much better Gainesville was than Tally (with apologies to CMAN...no it’s not and it’s not close). After he cracked about five “jokes” my wife and I basically left the whole thing. We never went back.
No need to apologize, Hogtown sucks!

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT