ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: FSU Support for Basketball at ACC Tournament

jruggeri

Star Player
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2005
I have attended the ACC Basketball Tournament every year since we joined the ACC. During that time I have noticed that the attendance at the Tournament by FSU fans has dwindled to the point of being embarrassing. Several years ago FSU instituted a policy that allowed FSU fans that would pick up their tickets at the venue to actually have top priority for the lower level seats. Why did this happen? It came about with the help of Andy Miller, to assure the FSU fans that actually traveled to the game at least sat together in a visible section of the arena. This year we were told that we could only get 2 seats in the lower level and 2 in the upper level. (obviously the 4 of us want to sit together). I called my ticket representative and also sent an email to Andy's assistant and was told there were over 1500 ticket requests and we only had 1000 seats and as a Silver Chief I was only entitled to 2 in the lower level. So rather than splitting up we took 4 upstairs.

When we got to our seats, I went to our lower level section and the Light Blue (NC) and Dark Blue (Duke) outnumbered FSU colors by about 75 to 1 at both games FSU played. We even had Ralph Sampson sitting in our lower level section. In the upper level section there were literally 6 FSU fans. The 4 of us and 2 other guys who had the same problem as we did and were pushed upstairs. I asked the gentleman sitting next to us where he had gotten his tickets and he said he had a good friend at FSU that bought them and then gave them to him every year. Others indicated they bought them on Stub Hub at a price that was about twice the face value.

I know that we have lots of problems with our basketball program as that has been discussed in many threads, but what I want to do is make sure that for the few traveling basketball fans we have left we get decent seats and when the players turn around behind their own bench are not looking at all blue. I know Jerry Kutz and others that work for the Boosters are on this site and I would love to get their reaction as to how this is being handled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News