ADVERTISEMENT

Ponder to the .....

This is going to get locked but I'd suggest you do the same...

no one is infringing on his freedom to speak his mind, and the 1st amendment only protects you from the government, not the repercussions of your speech.
In what way are his rights being violated?

He protested peacefully and silently; didn't disrespect anyone which is his 1st amendment right is all I'm saying.

A divided locker room usually does not provide a championship season.

Per Chip Kelly he was not a distraction to the team at all. Nor was he as divisive as the "media" portrayed them to be. I've actually met Colin several times. I held off on sharing that but when you actually get the chance to interact with someone versus media perceptions of what you are told they are/doing goes a long ways. Plus, the goal of a football team is to win. Nick O Leary wasn't the most socially conscious person on the title team but I can assure you Jameis and everyone else knew they could count on him to do his job when the game was on the line. All that mattered.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
How would the locker room be divided? Was it divided when Stills and Thomas protest last year? Nope!
Welp, we don't know that for sure, just like no one knew Richie Incognito was bullying Jonathan Martin and with his tweets and other actions Kap has basically gone nuclear with this stuff. Pig socks, comparing police to slave hunters, Castro shirt (big no no in Miami).

Kneeling is one thing, but Kap and his girlfriend, and she ain't helping matters, are going next level with this stuff.

Reactions: Annapolis
Welp, we don't know that for sure, just like no one knew Richie Incognito was bullying Jonathan Martin and with his tweets and other actions Kap has basically gone nuclear with this stuff. Pig socks, comparing police to slave hunters, Castro shirt (big no no in Miami).

Kneeling is one thing, but Kap and his girlfriend, and she ain't helping matters, are going next level with this stuff.

Well we actually do. The owner said he supports his players protesting. And I guarantee other players knew what was going on with the bullying.

Not defending the socks by any means and even he said that was in bad taste. However, can you name three of the positive things he has done in that same window? Just out of curiosity. If not I'll gladly help out but just want to make sure we show both sides of the story.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
Well we actually do. The owner said he supports his players protesting. And I guarantee other players knew what was going on with the bullying.
Of course other players knew, the public didn't, which was my point. Do you think Ross knew about the bullying? Just like there's 'coach speak' there's also 'owner speak'. PR 101. Say the least inflammatory thing possible. What was he supposed to say? He didn't support his players protesting? That would go over well...

I'm not saying he did or didn't support them, but behind closed doors without a microphone in his face, would you agree there's at least a good chance his opinion on the matter changes?

See this needs some context. Normally I bite my tongue when misinformation gets tossed around on here regarding to circumstances like this. This time I won't.

The picture she posted was from Django. Yes Leo's character was a slave owner but it was more so a dipiction of Ray Lewis' comments and how he had the loyal slave mentality. For context Ray Lewis was tried for murder and was giving Colin advice on how to carry himself.

The same can be said for Michael Vick. To be clear Colin has committed NO crime. In fact, he is giving the voiceless a voice in regards to police violence against unarmed black people. I know Florida leans heavy to the right side of the spectrum and it's hard to put that into perspective but again he wasn't "disrespectful to the military". Not to mention there was an overwhelming amount of support from military personnel.

Lastly, as @PopsNole had pointed out there are a LOT of bad QB's out there getting work and the fact that Colin isn't is sad.

End rant.
Well I'm not in FL and I said it couldn't be helpful, didn't say it eliminates him. The city of Baltimore isn't looking at it that way nor are many others. Perhaps you think an owner would love this distraction, but why do it at all? Especially when trying to get a job.....

Ray Lewis, while tried for murder, wasn't convicted of it to my knowledge (even though I personally think he got away with it). Ray has done a lot for kids in the area and didn't wait until he was near getting cut to suddenly have his epiphany. Ray was DOING his deeds while trying to get to the top of the mountain, while he was on it, and still doing it after retirement, he didn't start as his career was winding down like CK.....regardless, the tweet to most, cannot help, which is what I said........

A smart person would have thanked them for consideration and wished them the best in hopes to leave a good taste in the mouth in case future consideration is done, my opinion of course as I try not to burn bridges, and Ray is still very active with the Ravens and a huge draw to Baltimore.

Kap has the right to exercise his first amendment rights--but an owner also has the right to exercise his rights and not give money to a player who is alienating a portion of his customer base. That's just bad business. Now, granted, if Kap was Brady, the owner would overlook it--but he would do that because the team's winning would insure fan support. Of all the NFL teams, Miami is the ABSOLUTE ONE THAT SHOULD NOT TAKE HIM--because he was dumb enough to wear a Fidel Castro T-shirt. Not sure if everyone realizes that Miami and Dade County are not just heavily Cuban...they are Cuban. And they view Castro as evil incarnate...

Trayvon happened in Baltimore, they do not want him here, especially after his GF's tweet dissing a Baltimore icon (and the owner of the team for the many who think she did, especially in Baltimore). He waited to begin his stance as he was getting cut. Why not the protest when he was on the mountain and not years after when he was at the bottom....his motive wouldn't be questioned by most had he done it the whole time he had the platform, time g is everything and he misplayed his cards. Instead of insulting a city icon, it's owner, and a team (and it's city), he should have been complimentary and humble....definitely not double down.

Trayvon happened in Baltimore, they do not want him here, especially after his GF's tweet dissing a Baltimore icon (and the owner of the team for the many who think she did, especially in Baltimore). He waited to begin his stance as he was getting cut. Why not the protest when he was on the mountain and not years after when he was at the bottom....his motive wouldn't be questioned by most had he done it the whole time he had the platform, time g is everything and he misplayed his cards. Instead of insulting a city icon, it's owner, and a team (and it's city), he should have been complimentary and humble....definitely not double down.

..... Trayvon was killed by George Zimmerman in Florida bro.

It's not surprising he's not employed. He's going to be a huge distraction wherever he is playing. There is going to be media everywhere worried about what he's going to say or if he'll kneel. It's going to be a huge pain in the ass. There is definitely a pro/con that needs to be considered just like there was with Tebow.

I still think he'll be picked up at some point but if Kaepernick wants to have a career in the NFL then he does need to keep his mouth shut just like every other NFL player because the owners and fans will hold it against you. If he believes speaking his opinions and ideals are too important than good for him but there will be financial consequences to it.

Teams will use this as an excuse, but I find it pretty disingenuous. Agree or disagree with Kap, I would much prefer cheer for him than Greg Hardy, Pac Man Jones, Ray Lewis, etc etc etc. Teams will find excuse after excuse to employ guys who commit domestic violence or other crimes, but a guy taking a knee (about as soft a protest as one could do) is too much? I think it is pretty weak. And also, domestic violence or what not isnt even controversial, everyone knows it is wrong, but with Kap, he has a lot of people who support him as well.

Reactions: amckinnon317
Teams will use this as an excuse, but I find it pretty disingenuous. Agree or disagree with Kap, I would much prefer cheer for him than Greg Hardy, Pac Man Jones, Ray Lewis, etc etc etc. Teams will find excuse after excuse to employ guys who commit domestic violence or other crimes, but a guy taking a knee (about as soft a protest as one could do) is too much? I think it is pretty weak. And also, domestic violence or what not isnt even controversial, everyone knows it is wrong, but with Kap, he has a lot of people who support him as well.

THANK YOU! Like people are so quick to forget major transgressions in order to mask their overt racism at the end of the day. Yes I went there.

THANK YOU! Like people are so quick to forget major transgressions in order to mask their overt racism at the end of the day. Yes I went there.

I dont know that everyone is racist with regards to this by any means, but I certainly think there are misplaced priorities in regards to it. And I would like to hear owners, FO people, and HC's asked about this to try and understand their explanation how those types of things might warrant a small suspension, but taking a knee somehow means you arent worthy of being in the league. Something is obviously off. And yes, Kap is certainly good enough to at least be a back up in the league, in fact, I think he would be one of the 2 or 3 best back ups in the league.

Last edited:
..... Trayvon was killed by George Zimmerman in Florida bro.
Yes indeed, I mentioned Baltimore and the tweet from Colins gf that has the city up in arms....i was thinking Freddie Gray, sorry.

I would love to see Christian Ponder have one more shot. Dolphins need to pick up the phone and talk. Who else could they add to help them this season? Rip away.

Go Noles.
Nah. They need a runner/passer. That line is DIII.

I have my feelings, I won't go into depth on this forum.

I will state that in no way do I feel that Kap is a hero in anyway. I find him to be hypocritical.

He's a hero. The Government and NFL are making sure of that. Headed for career martyrdom..

I guess that I am Old School, but I find it disingenuous that Kap shows
such a high level of disrespect for the country, but seeks to make a living
off one of its favorite past times. Evidently the owners in the league feel
the same way and Kap sits at home thinking what might have been.

00808_ghGSH9a2Tpu_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
I guess that I am Old School, but I find it disingenuous that Kap shows
such a high level of disrespect for the country, but seeks to make a living
off one of its favorite past times. Evidently the owners in the league feel
the same way and Kap sits at home thinking what might have been.

00808_ghGSH9a2Tpu_600x450.jpg

He is at peace with his decision I can assure you that. Not once have you heard him speak out about where he is with his career. It's all sports analyst driven.

However, I find more people get upset with what Kap did and how it carried over to what players are doing this season so far. Yet, those same people were quiet as a church mouse during the Charlottesville protest or are upset that confederate memorials are coming down daily. Irony.

Reactions: mlanton
It is really hard for me to show compassion for someone that has made Millions playing a game sing the praises of Cuba and Venezuela and claims oppression by his country. Sadly I believe his direction is coming from his girlfriend.

That being said this is totally a PC mainstream media created firestorm expressing their hatred for America and Capitalism.

Personally I ignore it all. I do know people that are far more upset by this than I am. They go so far as stating they will stop watching the NFL... (I find that hard to believe) I do believe many might stop attending the games.

ADVERTISEMENT