ADVERTISEMENT

Rank the sports that you watch in order

GwinnettNole

Seminole Insider
Sep 4, 2001
Rank the sports that you watch in order that you like the sport/team.

I'm really interested in where the soccer and hockey guys rank those sports in comparison to FSU football, for example.

College Football (Nole come first, of course)
International Soccer (Especially the USMNT)
British Premier League Soccer (CYOG!)
MLS (Partial to Seattle and Portland until our Atlanta FC gets started)
College Basketball (Noles again)
NFL (Mainly just the Falcons)
PGA (Especially the majors)
NBA (Just the Hawks)
MLB (Just the Braves)

Reactions: GwinnettNole
BPL - COYG
College Football - Go Noles
NFL - Cowboys
International Soccer - Italy (gaining more respect for US Soccer, but have a hard time watching them unless it is the World Cup)

I don't really watch much sports other than that. I haven't watched the NBA since the 90's, same with the NHL. MLB has really fallen off for me which is sad because it was top of the list not very long ago. While I like watching soccer I just cannot sit and watch a lot of MLS. I used to watch tennis & golf years ago but haven't in maybe 2 decades.

I really watch sports by the season. Football in football season, baseball in baseball season....... In order of enjoyment? That too is difficult for me to quantify. Football is certainly an event sport given the number of games in their season and the limited days of the week to watch in comparison to all of the others. Now that I've beaten around the original question enough....
1. College football. Primarily FSU but all of them during Bowl season.
2. March Madness. I'll watch college basketball some after football season, again mostly FSU, but love the Tourney
3. NFL Playoffs
4. MLB Playoffs
5. NFL regular season
6. MLB regular season
7. NBA Playoffs
8. NBA regular season
9. NHL Playoffs
-
-
-
-
100. Any level of soccer.

I really watch sports by the season. Football in football season, baseball in baseball season....... In order of enjoyment? That too is difficult for me to quantify. Football is certainly an event sport given the number of games in their season and the limited days of the week to watch in comparison to all of the others. Now that I've beaten around the original question enough....
1. College football. Primarily FSU but all of them during Bowl season.
2. March Madness. I'll watch college basketball some after football season, again mostly FSU, but love the Tourney
3. NFL Playoffs
4. MLB Playoffs
5. NFL regular season
6. MLB regular season
7. NBA Playoffs
8. NBA regular season
9. NHL Playoffs
-
-
-
-
100. Any level of soccer.

Interesting. The reigning PGSF Fedex Cup Champion doesn't watch golf?

As Arte Johnson would have said: "Verrry interesting".

I'm really interested in where the soccer and hockey guys rank those sports in comparison to FSU football, for example.

1) World Junior Hockey Championships
2) Olympic Hockey and World Cup of Hockey (2016 next)
3) Chelsea (specifically) and BPL and UCL
4) FSU Football
5) Curling (probably the only one on here who will list curling at all)
6) College Football (Playoffs have killed my love for CFB)
7) March Madness (have watched a lot less the last 2-3 years)
8) Olympics (Winter ahead of Summer) especially when a Canadian is involved at the height of the event
9) Some NBA
10) Some Hockey
11) Some Tennis
12) Some MLB

I'll only watch Golf and Auto Racing if I'm flipping channels and something catches my eye.

I'm completely done with the NFL. I haven't intentionally watched a second of the NFL live since 2010 (did watch the Giants Superbowl run on BD). I'll still watch highlights, but nothing live. I haven't watched a Superbowl live since the 98 season (Denver/Atlanta). To be fair though, I missed the next year's game next not on purpose by due to other obligations - did catch the last few seconds live (when Mason got tackled just short of the goalline which cost Tennessee the game). I intentionally stopped after the 2002 season (Bucs/Raiders was the first I skipped). Haven't missed it since.

I just hate playoffs in general (all sports). I don't see the need for playoffs in any North American professional sport. Even the NFL. Just contract 2 teams (never should've expanded from 30) and play 29 games. Yes, not an even number of home games, but it balances out. You're only adding 2 weeks to the season. 16 games + 1 bye week + 5 weeks of pre-season + 5 weeks of playoffs (4 games plus Superbowl bye week). That's 27, add 2 weeks = 29 games. Want to add bye weeks go ahead. NFL is year round coverage anyways and pretty much year round in terms of activity with OTAs etc.

From a going down to campus to watch perspective -

1. FSU Football
2. FSU Women's Soccer
3. FSU Women's Softball
4. FSU Men's Basketball
5. FSU Women's Basketball
6. FSU Baseball
7. FSU Indoor and Outdoor Volleyball
8. FSU Lacrosse
9. FSU Men's and Women's Tennis
10. FSU Track and Cross Country
11. FSU Men's and Women's Golf

Track and cross country would be higher but its a once a year deal. Love baseball but the games take too long.

I'll preface by saying-- I think I could honestly watch any sport that has a ball in it. I love the competition, science behind each sport and analytical side. This is my general order (which could always change):

NCAA Football: FSU
International Soccer: USMNT

Soccer: MLS
MLB: Braves
NBA: Hawks/ Magic
NFL: Dolphins/ Falcons

Soccer: FSU
NCAA BBall: FSU
NCAA Baseball: FSU

Hockey
Majors/ Big Events: Golf, Tennis, NASCAR

Honorable Mention: International Baseball (USA), and Basketball for the big tournaments

I'll also say that even though I generally like the NBA and MLB better than college basketball and baseball I will keep up with FSU much more than I would the pro's if the ranking was reverse.

From a going down to campus to watch perspective -

1. FSU Football
2. FSU Women's Soccer
3. FSU Women's Softball
4. FSU Men's Basketball
5. FSU Women's Basketball
6. FSU Baseball
7. FSU Indoor and Outdoor Volleyball
8. FSU Lacrosse
9. FSU Men's and Women's Tennis
10. FSU Track and Cross Country
11. FSU Men's and Women's Golf

Track and cross country would be higher but its a once a year deal. Love baseball but the games take too long.

Very nice-- all garnet and gold

1-college football-like watching any big game, care less about overmatched games
2-NFL- Panther fan, but will watch damn near anybody
3-college Basketball
4-NASCAR first 50 miles and last 50 miles
5-a little college softball and/or baseball if nothing else on
5-Would rather watch the grass grow than watch soccer, Pro. BB, or pro baseball

College Football
All other College Sports when FSU plays: tied
NFL: Niners fan
Rugby Union
Sevens
International Soccer
BPL-UCL: Chelsea fan
MLB: mainly just the Barves
NBA: only Magic or big games

Now, if we're including Olympics, I'd probably place that right above Rugby Union, I love international sports and cheering on the good ol' US of A. Also, March Madness probably goes right below Sevens, love that tournament; and then the World Cup would likely go just below College Football. I didn't include those in the list because they are more so events rather than the sport itself.

Div 3 womens basketball
FSU Football
Other football if good matchups
UFC
MotoGP
FSU other sports when on TV out here
NFL if the matchup helps my fantasy team
Olympics
World Cup

Since having a kid last year it's pretty much FSU football first and other college football second. Don't have much time for anything else. Wife knows to give me 13 Saturdays in the fall and family gets the rest pretty much. I'll put the NFL red zone channel on in the background on Sundays when I'm at home but don't pay a lot of attention to it. NFL hasn't been appointment television for me in at least 2 years. Third is the NBA playoffs.

College Football - primarily FSU
Pro Golf
College Golf - primarily FSU
College Basketball - primarily FSU

Other Pro Sports - non at all.

That's all I'm willing to give up my quality of life for.

1. EPL and summer international competitions-this past Copa hosted by Chile was great. (I even DVR Chelsea, City and Liverpool matches), but avoid the two team La Liga.
2. MLB-Red Sox-because the season is much longer than college football
3. college football
4. college hoops
5. NHL
6. NBA/NFL

1. NFL and NCAA all weekend (Noles and Cowboys are priority)
2. NBA ( Heat priority)

That's it for me, football in both college and pro and pro basketball.

College football
NFL
NHL
International soccer
NCAA Hoops, watch only once the tournament starts; haven't watched a regular season game in decades
Watch a small amount of MLB, and a miniscule amount of NBA

I'm pretty much equal on FSU and Pat's football, Red Sox and Bruins. A small step down from those you'll find FSU hoops and baseball, and the Celtics. A bit further down is FSU women's sports with hoops and soccer on top. I'll weekly watch another college football or NHL game not involving my team, maybe monthly for another MLB or NBA game. I'll watch the dance of course, especially once it gets in the final four stages. I'm a lock for the Stanley Cup Finals and the World Series.

1. Bayern Munich - Bundesliga
2. FSU - College Football
3. International Soccer (European Championships, World Cup)
4. NFL
Beyond this casually follow F1, NHRA, NASCAR and the rest I really could take or leave.

1a. FSU football
1b. New Orleans Saints
2. Golf
3. March Madness
4. NBA Playoffs
5. MLB Playoffs

1a) FSU football
1b) Boston Bruin hockey
1c) New England Patriots
2) BC football
3) Red Sox
4) NCAA football mostly ACC interests
5) NFL
6)NHL
7)BC hockey
8) Hockey East and NCAA hockey
9) Smelts
10) ACC basketball
11) March Madness
12) the Majors In golf and some other tournaments thought out the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT