ADVERTISEMENT

Rays 13-0!

QuaZ2002

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Gotta be some Rays fan on this board. Helluva damn team we have this year. No doubt weak competition but 13-0 with very few close games is impressive regardless.

Reactions: NoleLizards
If we can just keep our pitchers healthy. That has been a problem the last few years.
Springs left the game today.
Hopefully Glasnow will be ready to go by Mid May.

If this keeps up, they might actually draw a sellout crowd this season!

To their credit, they are absolutely mauling the teams the play.

16-3 now. Springs headed for TJ. So frustrating. That rotation was setting up to be absolutely elite. But Eflin is back on Sunday and Glasnow in a month so we’ll be fine. Bradley has also looked fantastic. In FSU related news Taylor Walls has been absolutely raking. His defense is elite elite so just being an average bat makes him super valuable.

I'd be happy with a .250 BA from him over the course of the season.

Does most teams experience as many pitcher injuries as the Rays?
They are hanging in there. Beat LA 2/3. Go Rays!

Does most teams experience as many pitcher injuries as the Rays?
They are hanging in there. Beat LA 2/3. Go Rays!
Seems like pitching injuries have skyrocketed the last couple years. Most teams have a bunch of guys out. Rays now have Springs, Rasmussen, Fleming out for an extended period with two younger guys who were big time prospects in Baz and McKay both out for the season as well. You really need like 7-8 legit starters to get through a season these days.

Rays are amazing story this year. Many (like me) figured after the hot start they'd fade back into mediocracy, but boy were we all wrong.

But I still can't understand why they can't sell out a home game, even after lowering capacity by 10,000. This team needs to move to a city that appreciates good baseball.

Reactions: NoleLizards
The stadium is in a horrible location. The stadoum itself is obviously antiquated but the location is what kills attendance. There’s a crazy low amount of people living within a 30min drive of Tropicana Field compared to every other MLB ballpark.

2021 census showed Pinellas County had just a hair under a million people. I get that it may be poorly located, but I'd bet anyone in PInellas could get there in 30 minutes. Granted the place looks like crap, but except for their first ever season, they've struggled to break a million. That's pathetic with a team like this.

There's another million and a half across the bay, and most of them could easily get there just by crossing over on Gandy Blvd.

2021 census showed Pinellas County had just a hair under a million people. I get that it may be poorly located, but I'd bet anyone in PInellas could get there in 30 minutes. Granted the place looks like crap, but except for their first ever season, they've struggled to break a million. That's pathetic with a team like this.

There's another million and a half across the bay, and most of them could easily get there just by crossing over on Gandy Blvd.
I live here and you’re wrong. You’re not getting from northern Pinellas to Tropicana Field during rush hour in 30min. You’re not getting there from just about anywhere in Hillsborough either. I’m well versed on this topic.

I'll take your word for it, you're there, I"m not. But I'll bet the same problem exists in Boston, Chicago, LA, etc., and somehow when they're winning (and sometimes still losing), they manage to pack it in. Granted, much larger populations to draw from, so there's that. It just seems to me traffic and dumpy stadium are lousy excuses for not going to see this type of quality baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT