ADVERTISEMENT

Roberto..

Aguayo's kicking struggles? I don't know if this is a living in So. FL thing but, I was just wondering if anyone else has been hearing this?

No....he smashed all of their dreams every chance he got. We know he can kick, he'll get it going.

That's REALLY reaching on their part. Quite pathetic on their part.

Wow... It amazes me how other fan bases would even know.

Is it fair to say that kicking FG's is a little like golf?...a decent percentage of both is mental..."one with the ball" and pressure. I suppose I am thinking of both activities in front of large crowds, e.g U.S Open.

Very best wishes to Roberto. I do wish he had stayed.

"Can't talk now, gotta get ready for a meeting at 27 to 2."

"What were those guys that rushed for gold again? Four and eighters? No that's not right."

"I can't remember the last time FSU lost at Doak South, can you? Was it that long ago? Gee whizz."

"The fridge has been smelling lately. I think somebody left Miami's relevance in there. Time to throw it out."

Best kicker in history of college football. Its the Bucs that screwed up moving up to a second round pick - :confused:. He will be fine. Get the misses out now when it doesn't count.

Make sure you tell the turds Teabag will suck as a minor leaguer.

Bucs needed a kicker, so they drafted one. Lots of 2nd round players end up on the practice squad after year 3. My guess is that he'll still be kicking in year 5.

The only flak I'm catching is for not letting them win more in the last 6 years.
This is something that gets overlooked. I remember their 6 year run like it was yesterday and it was turrible feelin. 2012 erks me! We had the better team but fell apart...we should be going for win number 7 in a row and we will definitely be the better team next year :/

The entire football world is WRONG...WRONG...WRONG...yes, all the hotshot reporters, commentators, most of the coaches, and gm's, etc, are totally stupid in their outlook on kickers. Most, including most on this site, think it's stupid to take a kicker as a high draft pick--yet the kicker usually scores more points than anyone else on the squad. Further, many, many games are lost on missed field goals. Having a kicker who is automatic is a HUGE advantage. Not having one who is automatic is a HUGE DISADVANTAGE. Ask Alabama and Florida what it means to not have a decent kicker, let alone a good one. And in the pros now, with the extra point moved back (and may be moved further back in future), it's more important than ever to have an outstanding kicker. Now maybe Roberto won't be that guy--but he was the greatest kicker of all-time in college, so why not take him high. It's not like any other player you take instead of him is a sure thing all-pro. People way, way undervalue kickers. FSU fans have been spoiled the last few years by having Roberto. This year, see how it feels when you hold your breath every time we line up for a kick. (by the way, we lost the Georgia Tech game because of a blocked kick). Wish the Dolphins had an automatic kicker.
Reaching on a kicker is not a wise move

Proven here

You can get kickers in later rounds that end up being pro bowlers

And Roberto was great but he was not automatic last year

I've been catching more flack (flakka) about the face eating kid from Gators, than Aguayo.

This. Had to do a quick google search about uf covering for Hernandez as a freshman murderer. Copy/paste is great!

This is why you don't draft kickers, especially that high. The pressure is clearly getting to him. The Bucs needed help at a lot of other positions and gave up multiple opportunities to draft him. I'll bet if he had gone in the lower rounds or signed as a UDFA, he would be much better

How many kickers from FSU are starting in the NFL?

How many kickers from UF/UM combined are starting in the NFL?

First of all, I don't think he's working as hard on his game as he did in Tally. You can see by looking at him on the field that he's gained some weight. Wouldn't shock me if he's about 10 lbs heavier.

I also agree with another poster who said he got worse every year in Tally. Looking at missed kicks, this is 100% accurate.

I couldn't believe he missed that first FG. Looked like crap. He never missed one like that at FSU.
Respectfully, how would you know he is not working hard? Really? Dude missed a few kicks, plenty of pressure. He is getting paid now and may fold, you never know...But...He is the most accurate kicker in the freaking history of the game and we are jumping all over him like he stole something from us. Rally behind him, his is ours, he is FSU.

All will be forgotten when he goes 3-3 against Atlanta with a 49 yarder for the win!!!

You could say similar things about Winston... He got worse and worse after his first game. Any player who is near perfect in their first year usually regresses... maybe he showed us his ceiling first and now you're seeing potentially his floor.

First of all, I don't think he's working as hard on his game as he did in Tally. You can see by looking at him on the field that he's gained some weight. Wouldn't shock me if he's about 10 lbs heavier.

I also agree with another poster who said he got worse every year in Tally. Looking at missed kicks, this is 100% accurate.

I couldn't believe he missed that first FG. Looked like crap. He never missed one like that at FSU.

I've got a cane fan doing it all the time, Facebook text, constantly making fun of him. I just laugh and ignore him or show him pictures of his players being arrested

It's NFL so who gives a crap. That league has turned to a pile of wet dung

NFL fans root for a uniform, no loyalty and if you wait long enough the player you hate on your rival may join your team....woo hoo!!! ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Maybe give him time to adjust to the longer football? I love it how people talk about work ethic or other things about which they have no idea. All you see is a single snapshot in time.

Wow, they are reaching for stuff to bust us up about apparently. If that's all the ammo they got they are in trouble arguing against us!

It's been quite a while since any of them have dared to say anything to me. When someone does, I simply reply, "is your team the one that hasn't beaten us in 1000 or 2000 days?" That usually shuts them up.

I only catch flak before 1:32. For some reason as soon as the clock hits 1:33 it all goes away.

When your kicker is too stupid to wear his helmet and gets knocked into concussion land by an errant warm-up punt, you really look stupid talking smack about someone else's kicker. Go ahead and tell them that.

NFL fans root for a uniform, no loyalty and if you wait long enough the player you hate on your rival may join your team....woo hoo!!! ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz
You could say that about pretty much every professional sport...so if you want to say that NFL, NBA, MLB, Soccer (EPL, La liga, the Bundesliga) all suck then you are missing out. The on the field product that the NFL puts out there is fantastic in my opinion - it's the best of the best going against each other and it's extremely exciting to watch. The pageantry, team pride, gameday/game experience is not anywhere near college football but to say it is a pile of dung is a sin. What do you guys watch on Sunday's in the fall? Keeping up with the Kardashians, the Property Brothers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT