ADVERTISEMENT

Roberto..

Um, they changed the goal posts in college to the same width as the pros like 25 years ago.
Untrue. Google is an amazing resource before telling someone they are behind the times. In my opinion, 5 feet is a heck of a lot different to adjust to despite the hash-marks not being as wide.

"The college game uses wider goalposts than the NFL. NCAA goalposts are 23′ 4″ apart compared to 18′ 4″ in the NFL. The wider goalposts in college help offset the greater angles caused by the wider hash-marks."

I'm sure Roberto went straight to the locker room.

The guy has to be frustrated right now.

Also notable was that the two gators in the game (flower and hargreaves) did a similar picture, just funny to see their 2 to our 6 or 7. Not sure who the coach looking guy is...

yea i dunno what the heck is going on w/ that guy, certainly takes time to adjust to speed of the nfl game though.

looking at his FSU stats, year 3 was his "worst" year -- he had a downward trend YoY, 95%, 90%, 80%. i think we all noticed but didn't say much about it.

Is Roberto tanking? This is just mind boggling after what we saw from him. Whiffing left and right in practice now too? Bucs about to be forced to pick up another kicker.

Pressure does funny things to people. Hope he can come out of this before it's to late

they'd be silly not to, even if he were killing it in preseason, he's a rookie. tough to put all your eggs in a rookie basket.

like i posted in another thread, here are his YoY stats at FSU

2013 - 95% on 22 attempts
2014 - 90% on 30 attempts
2015 - 81% on 26 attempts

not a great trend, if you're into crazy things like numbers.

they'd be silly not to, even if he were killing it in preseason, he's a rookie. tough to put all your eggs in a rookie basket.

I think he will get it fixed and be OK, it does seem to be a head or holder thing so who knows.

I'm guessing that will be the last time Jameis politics for a draft pick.

It's early but he better get his act together and fast.

its a little skewed. Most of the misses were from pretty far distances. He was still a great college kicker even in 2015.

Worthy of a second round pick is a different discussion.

First preseason home game Fri night. He better not miss anything short or the boo birds will be relentless. And as others have said, h wasn't that good last year. Beyond 40 yds he was downright iffy.

I gave the unpopular opinion that Roberto was severely overrated, and the tag he received of "most accurate kicker in the history of college football" is skewed by all the extra points he kicked thanks to our prolific offense. He had a few important kicks, specifically against BC in 2013, Miami in 2014, Florida in 2015... But also had some head shaking misses and showed very little evidence of consistency from beyond 40 yards (he didn't have many opportunities in 2013/2014 and was poor from this distance in 2015).

His kickoffs were also not very good. It was appealing to the Bucs that FSU used the strategy of long hang time kicks that drop before the end zone, but his execution of this wasn't exactly stellar.

You might not fully agree with everything I say, and you might not want to because he's such a good kid and ambassador of FSU. But if you're going to take a kicker in the 2nd round, there should be no basis for the concerns I've mentioned.

Not to mention, the Bucs already had a consistent kicker in Connor Barth.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter decided to put kicker Roberto Aguayo on the spot at practice Monday afternoon. If he made a field goal from over 50 yards out, the team could leave the facility a couple of hours early.

Aguayo nailed it, and teammates cheered. It was a much-needed moment of jubilation for the second-round draft pick who missed three kicks in the first two weeks of the preseason.

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-...guayo-admits-to-overthinking-feeling-pressure

RELAX folks it's freaking PRACTICE and still the PRE-SEASON. Start to worry when it actually counts!

was this picture before or after Telvin slammed Jameis to the ground?

After, just goes to show these boys know its just football. Jameis knows if telvin didnt have that mean streak he might not have that ring from 13, telvin dominated that championship game and hasnt looked back

I'm guessing that will be the last time Jameis politics for a draft pick.

It's early but he better get his act together and fast.
If the bucs pull on roberto it will be so stupid. We as noles know how good a kicker he is. He will get it fixed and if the bucs want to be stupid Roberto will kick for 20 years for some other team. Like Roy Jones Jr said... Yall musta forgot.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Dirk Koetter decided to put kicker Roberto Aguayo on the spot at practice Monday afternoon. If he made a field goal from over 50 yards out, the team could leave the facility a couple of hours early.

Aguayo nailed it, and teammates cheered. It was a much-needed moment of jubilation for the second-round draft pick who missed three kicks in the first two weeks of the preseason.

http://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-...guayo-admits-to-overthinking-feeling-pressure

RELAX folks it's freaking PRACTICE and still the PRE-SEASON. Start to worry when it actually counts!
This is good to hear

And also very hype for Aguayo

Good bit of coaching here to get his momentum back

Reactions: WRWnole85
But also had some head shaking misses and showed very little evidence of consistency from beyond 40 yards (he didn't have many opportunities in 2013/2014 and was poor from this distance in 2015).
Not totally true, here are his YoYs from 40+
2013: 9/10 (incl 1/1 50+)
2014: 9/12 (incl 3/4 50+)
2015: 5/10 (incl 1/3 50+)

He got the about the same number of distance looks all three years but for some reason, things declined.

That said, he's got it in him and in due time, he'll work out the kinks, I hope.

He got booed today in practice by fans

I could not believe that when I read it. That is just amazing. Just terrible that he has to go through something like that, both his kicking problems and the fan's reactions, right off the bat in his pro career.

I could not believe that when I read it. That is just amazing. Just terrible that he has to go through something like that, both his kicking problems and the fan's reactions, right off the bat in his pro career.
Yea not good situation for him

Surprised those "avid" Buc fans are already booing a rookie a couple weeks into camp

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT