ADVERTISEMENT

Softball Saturday in Clearwater: FSU softball vs. Georgia (9 a.m. on ESPN2)

We had 1 recorded error. Not saying we played great defensively but giving up 30 hits and 23 walks was likely the problem in the 2 games.
I didn't watch the game today but there were several plays yesterday where balls were hit sharply right at our fielders who failed to make the play and they weren't charged for errors.

Yes, our pitchers haven't looked great so far but I'm just saying that subpar fielding is making their stats look worse than they should be.

I didn't watch the game today but there were several plays yesterday where balls were hit sharply right at our fielders who failed to make the play and they weren't charged for errors.

Yes, our pitchers haven't looked great so far but I'm just saying that subpar fielding is making their stats look worse than they should be.
Defense can definitely help. We won against Stanford because their defense was not good and ours made plays.
However, we scored 10 runs against both UCLA and UGA. That shows you what our batting lineup is capable of.
We can not afford giving up double digit walks against anyone much less teams of their caliber.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Defense can definitely help. We won against Stanford because their defense was not good and ours made plays.
However, we scored 10 runs against both UCLA and UGA. That shows you what our batting lineup is capable of.
We can not afford giving up double digit walks against anyone much less teams of their caliber.
Pitchers constantly falling behind in the count can negatively affect the defense as well.

The whole left side of our defense is freshman. They in my opinion have held their own. They are freshman.
Add in a freshman in the circle and occasionally Bueno at first and we have more freshmen on the field than not.
The struggle right now is the ladies in the circle who have been here are not where they need to be or even close besides Royalty coming into the UCLA game. Wilson was ok I guess.
Lonnie says trust in the process so, that's what we have to do.

Pitchers constantly falling behind in the count can negatively affect the defense as well.
Agreed. From what I have watched so far umpires have not been pitcher friendly. That's a big deal when you don't have a Kat anymore or pitchers throwing 70+ on average.
We have pitchers that I think can be successful but, making them throw too much over the plate is not going to bode well for them.

Agreed. From what I have watched so far umpires have not been pitcher friendly. That's a big deal when you don't have a Kat anymore or pitchers throwing 70+ on average.
We have pitchers that I think can be successful but, making them throw too much over the plate is not going to bode well for them.
Royalty, Wilson, Gooden and Danley need to have an umpire not squeezing the zone. For the most part they have stayed around the zone but, umpires have been hitter friendly in my opinion.
MR is the missing piece. I hope she can get whatever figured out or we are in trouble.

Reactions: jackrgga
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT