ADVERTISEMENT

School closings due to Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.
The data is there for anyone to look. 1 in 2000 to 3000 young males got myocarditis.............most recovered with little clinical relevant issues...........some did not.

For those really interested in vaccine safety, there is a really good book out there that goes through the science (or lack of) for vaccines that is a good primer to talk about the Covid Vaccine.

You can buy or download at Amazon:
Turtles all the way down; Vaccine Science and Myth

That's an anti-vaccine book that's been debunked.

There is research indicating young people are more likely to develop myocarditis from the vaccine than from the virus itself. That being said, it is beyond annoying when every time a young person has a sudden medical event you hear all this talk about it being the vaccine when that’s pretty unlikely. Like in the case of Bronny. I sold implantable defibrillators for 10 years and there have always been young people who are unknowingly susceptible to sudden cardiac death. I’ve yet to see research indicating that has gone up bc of the vaccine but it also doesn’t mean it’s impossible with the known risks of myocarditis.
I hear the point that you are making. but I want to point out something that is not true, the virus itself causes more carses of myocarditis than the vaccine. also covid isnt the only virus that can cause myocarditis, almost all respiratory viruses have the potential to do so. additionally there are many other causes of myocarditis . also myocarditis is not what kills folks, that would be very rare. so myocarditis is not the cause of sudden deaths.

That's an anti-vaccine book that's been debunked.

That is not debunking anything. Read the book if you want to, but it is not a anti-vax book, but one that is trying to put the science behind vaccines into perspective. Does it ask tough questions???? Yes. But it is well cited and takes one through both the clinical scientific method as well as the actual science that does exist. For example it does not claim a MMR/Autism connection, but instead notes the success of the measles vaccination. Does it question why HEP B vaccination is given on day 1 of life when it is a sexually transmitted (and drug users) disease? Yep, as anyone should. It is more about environmental causes than putting the finger simply on vaccinations by the way.

I always wonder why some people are so fearful that folks are so stupid as to not be able to read a book and understand it enough to make decisions about their lives for themselves. Fearful of anything that is critical of the status quo in this country (one of the interesting parts of this book is seeing how other countries approach mass vaccinations differently).
And willing to look away from an industry's inglorious history (Pharmaceutical Industry) including in the last 20 years have paid out over $35Billion in fines.

EDIT: the above number is just fines, when lawsuits are included the total since 2000 is over $114Billion.

Last edited:
I hear the point that you are making. but I want to point out something that is not true, the virus itself causes more carses of myocarditis than the vaccine. also covid isnt the only virus that can cause myocarditis, almost all respiratory viruses have the potential to do so. additionally there are many other causes of myocarditis . also myocarditis is not what kills folks, that would be very rare. so myocarditis is not the cause of sudden deaths.
Not in young people. And untreated Myocarditis can have consequences.

That is not debunking anything. Read the book if you want to, but it is not a anti-vax book, but one that is trying to put the science behind vaccines into perspective. Does it ask tough questions???? Yes. But it is well cited and takes one through both the clinical scientific method as well as the actual science that does exist. For example it does not claim a MMR/Autism connection, but instead notes the success of the measles vaccination. Does it question why HEP B vaccination is given on day 1 of life when it is a sexually transmitted (and drug users) disease? Yep, as anyone should. It is more about environmental causes than putting the finger simply on vaccinations by the way.

I always wonder why some people are so fearful that folks are so stupid as to not be able to read a book and understand it enough to make decisions about their lives for themselves. Fearful of anything that is critical of the status quo in this country (one of the interesting parts of this book is seeing how other countries approach mass vaccinations differently).
And willing to look away from an industry's inglorious history (Pharmaceutical Industry) including in the last 20 years have paid out over $35Billion in fines.
Excited Despicable Me GIF

Yeah, it reads like an op-ed review of the book not a medical debunking.

GO NOLES!!!

You can read the link I posted.

It debunks the book point by point.

99% of doctors in America teach that the vaccines are safe and effective.

Yes, plenty of viruses do cause myocarditis. But, not anywhere near the same level as the Covid vaccination. And that bit about the virus causing more than the vaccination is not the current state of the science.

You can read the link I posted.

It debunks the book point by point.

99% of doctors in America teach that the vaccines are safe and effective.
Nope it doesn't. Just makes some general statements why the book is wrong. Like all of it's ilk, it cherry picks a very small part and then disagrees with it ignoring the actually evidence presented. Its actually a pretty pathetic attempt designed to give folks like you, who haven't read the book, a reason to not read it.

I see its missing any citations to the actual science so I see it as a opinion piece. I questions some stuff in the actual book as well so...
I don't think anyone should read the book as the definitive final conclusion on vaccines. It does ask the right questions in my opinion. And provides background information that would allow people to enter into the conversation in an intelligent manner.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
Nope it doesn't. Just makes some general statements why the book is wrong. Like all of it's ilk, it cherry picks a very small part and then disagrees with it ignoring the actually evidence presented. Its actually a pretty pathetic attempt designed to give folks like you, who haven't read the book, a reason to not read it.

Are you a medical doctor or science researcher?

Actually, they appear to be frowned upon.
I think your missing the point of the jokes. A certain poster likes to question people on their education or expertise when their opinion differs from theirs. As if to say if your not an expert you cant post an opinion. That's the reason for the here we go again memes.

Education and experience are great as we all have both I assume.

Yes, plenty of viruses do cause myocarditis. But, not anywhere near the same level as the Covid vaccination. And that bit about the virus causing more than the vaccination is not the current state of the science.
you are again wrong , the virus itself causes myocarditis often. especially if you go by the definition of myocarditis in that article published

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianNole777
There is research indicating young people are more likely to develop myocarditis from the vaccine than from the virus itself. That being said, it is beyond annoying when every time a young person has a sudden medical event you hear all this talk about it being the vaccine when that’s pretty unlikely. Like in the case of Bronny. I sold implantable defibrillators for 10 years and there have always been young people who are unknowingly susceptible to sudden cardiac death. I’ve yet to see research indicating that has gone up bc of the vaccine but it also doesn’t mean it’s impossible with the known risks of myocarditis.
Bronny James is said to have congenital ailment, meaning he was born with it.

Reactions: bcherod

EDIT: the above number is just fines, when lawsuits are included the total since 2000 is over $114Billion.
Hep B is a blood borne disease, while is one avenue anything that involves sharing of blood can do it.

go review real data and not online guru say so
What’s the real data? Cdc have changed guidance so many times. And let’s not even start on NIH and Fauci and what he did. Unfortunately the REAL data won’t be known until a future date.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
they depise Fauci, doctors scientist. they champion Trump (who is vaccinated), their bible belt pastors and fox News. and all other right ringed internet Gurus.
Just so wrong in so many ways. Whats interesting is that those who claim to be all about inclusion and not judging people are the first to resort to personal attacks, name calling, making assumptions, and labeling those who have differing views…..

Just so wrong in so many ways. Whats interesting is that those who claim to be all about inclusion and not judging people are the first to resort to personal attacks, name calling, making assumptions, and labeling those who have differing views…..
What's funny is a post railing against right ringers who despise education that looks like it was translated from a first graders homework. Hopefully that was the phones fault.

Reactions: CHAMLER
they depise Fauci, doctors scientist. they champion Trump (who is vaccinated), their bible belt pastors and fox News. and all other right ringed internet Gurus.
There is a certain group that I believe fits in to that description. There is also the polar opposite that wants everything shut down at the first hint of anything. Fortunately I still believe that most folks still live in between smewhere. They just don't make as much noise.

There is a certain group that I believe fits in to that description. There is also the polar opposite that wants everything shut down at the first hint of anything. Fortunately I still believe that most folks still live in between smewhere. They just don't make as much noise.
that group that fits that description, is exactly the people mentioned. I am a man of science, knowledge is forever changing so when questioning the unknown, sure there will predictions that prove to be untrue but at least look at the data and not rely on make belief for guidance

Sometimes I think that there are a number of people, who, had they been living in the late ‘40’s, would have made all the arguments they’re making today against the polio vaccine.

Most are too young to even remember that nor do they have knowledge of the entire process.

Sometimes I think that there are a number of people, who, had they been living in the late ‘40’s, would have made all the arguments they’re making today against the polio vaccine.

Most are too young to even remember that nor do they have knowledge of the entire process.

I heard a doctor on the news say he thinks polio may still be around if anti-vaxxers were around back then.

you are again wrong , the virus itself causes myocarditis often. especially if you go by the definition of myocarditis in that article published
He’s not wrong. In young people the vaccine is linked to more myocarditis than the virus itself. In older folks the opposite is true. Anyone older who’s not getting the vaccines id say isn’t making the best decision. Younger folks I totally understand not wanting to get it. I enthusiastically got the first 2 and then a booster. I didn’t get a booster last year and am unlikely to get one this year.

Reactions: CHAMLER
I received 5 Moderna vaccines. Full dose, not boosters. I had no side effects except a sore arm.

I "did my own research" and asked 6 doctors I know and they all recommended the covid vaccines 100%.

I got covid on April 10 and was weak for 3 days. It was pretty scary. I could have ended up on a ventilator or dead.

I'm hoping to get vaccine #6 in a month or two.
I think you mite swing on the lib side.

• Haha
My sister told me just today that kids are getting sick in Ocala schools

Hmmm!
So nobody is concerned that first time it was the sick and elderly

Now school age kids?

I will hold my response when more info is out there

My sister is a teacher and has 4 kids with COVID...and they are still coming to school

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT